Hoveida defending himself

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This is the difference between facing death vs. prison.

Without the death penalty, he would've smoked his famous pipe in the courtroom and told everyone to go fuck themselves.

I always wonder how I would fare in a situation like this. I'd like to think I would do better than Hoveida in maintaining my pride, but I'm not sure. Survival is the strongest of instincts. No one can control it.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
This is the difference between facing death vs. prison.

Without the death penalty, he would've smoked his famous pipe in the courtroom and told everyone to go fuck themselves.

I always wonder how I would fare in a situation like this. I'd like to think I would do better than Hoveida in maintaining my pride, but I'm not sure. Survival is the strongest of instincts. No one can control it.
I think he did very good considering how barbaric the people he was facing were.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
He did well, but he was smart enough to know there was absolutely no way he would be spared. Given that certainty, I wish he had shown a lot less respect. But again, I'm sitting here saying "lengesh kon" to a guy facing certain death. Not fair.
We don't know that he didn't. For years we heard that he spoke of how he kept a lid on inflation and showed his book of matches and told the mofos how the price was the same as it was 13 years before that. I'm sure there is a lot more than this 3 minute clip. Anyway RIP. He was a good man. He visited our elementary school and asked the cutest girl an English question. Since the girl struggled and I had just came back from the states answered his question. He grabbed my neck with his cane and jokingly said something about butting in. As a 9 year old I thought he was cool with his cane and pipe.

Nov 24, 2002
Dadgaaho bebin, sad rahmat be dadgahe mahalat. Dehbashi asked Fallahian in one of the interview what explain killing so many army people, etc at the beginning of revolution without having a right judiciary system in place, he smiled and said: Bayad Ye jor Zahr Cheshm Migereftim az Bagheye dige!!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
one of the the reasons I never respected Shah very much was how he left his friend of many years like that.

if hoveida was a crook then shah was surely a crook.

if he was not he should have taken him out of prision before splitting.

Mohammad Reza Shah was just not a very loyal guy.

Feb 22, 2005
It is very upsetting. A good man he was and facing the garbage backward Islamists. Shah really felt for it when the Americans fooled him into leaving the country. Problem was so many people around him had other agendas and got paid off from other sources. He had put himself into an awful position.

He was in prison but also have heard he wanted Hoviida to leave with him and even waited for him delaying takeoff but Hoveida did not think he had done anything wrong. My guess is he was promised by Bazargan and others that he will be safe. There is even controversy whether Khominie did order his killing or it was done by Khalkhali without Khominie's order. But then Khalkahali later said he had his permission.

My guess is the same organs that brought Khominie into power wanted Hovieda dead and ordered Khalkhali to do it. He knew too much and anyone who knew too much was a threat.

Feb 22, 2005
one of the the reasons I never respected Shah very much was how he left his friend of many years like that.

if hoveida was a crook then shah was surely a crook.

if he was not he should have taken him out of prision before splitting.

Mohammad Reza Shah was just not a very loyal guy.
But why Hovida when there were many others far more crook. I think he was trying to please the Islamists, Hovidea being hated by the Islamists for being called Bahaie.

May 12, 2007
There are still many part of it that is not in the net. My father said once they found him in prison some young hezbollahi said why did you destroy the country. He answered i destroyed
the country i hope you young mojahed develope the country. It was shown on TV.