How Did We Know??!

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I am wondering how the hekk did we (Persians) know about the galaxies being in Spiral form back 100's of years ago (when these damn british were eating each other as a hot meal)??

For instance Nasser Khosro (Ghobadiani) says
Derakht-e to gar baar-e daanesh begirad
Be zir aavari CHARKHE NILOUFARI ra...
charkh= wheel and Niloufar (is an admin here I think lol I mean we go waaaay back chaakerim Nilou jaan..) I mean morning glory (Nilu) runs in a spiral way/shape so how did our poets/philosophers know about formation of the galaxies?? and their shapes?
there are many other examples which I cant think of now but you have seen them before...

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
SOme say the Sa'di knew about atoms when he said:

del-e har zarreh keh beshkaafi
aaftaabish dar miaan bini.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
yes indeed.. our Aaref poets knew a lot than ppl give them credit for.

For instance sheikh mahmood shabestari knew all about the String Theory (or the Grand Unifying Theory) about 800 years ago!

His books of poems is called Golshan-e Raaz , in one place he says ;

....Gar Mehr-e To yek lah,zeh be aalam naresad
ma'loum shavad bood o nabood-e hameh kas...

it means (and I heard it from a good source) that od did not create universe and left it on the ''auto pilot'', His Feyz (glory) reaches us millions/billions of times per second so in every nano second we - the whole universe - goes into Nothingness and comes back to life but since it is happening fast we do ot feel it! It is like electricity where (if in usa) it is 60 Hz which means it goes on and off 60 cycle per second but our eyes does not catch it so it seems contineous...
\so is life... every thing in creation goes into ADAM (nothingness) and comes back (in sine wave form I guess?) by God's will and if he would quit for a second (Lah,zeh) we would cease to exist...
Interesting stuff...

but as you said (I think it was Haatef-e Esfehaani) who had this vision (Mokaashefeh) while praying once and he Discovered (Kashf) the atoms and basically every thing that makes up the life in the universe...

those ppl found the way into solving great mysteries of life very cheaply lol I mean it didnt cost them billions of dollars, stolen scintists and pollution causing factories etc etc...
they just prayed and fasted and did things right and sought advise from their teachrs/gurus and so found the answers without spending a dollar lol....
ok good subject...i like physics ( I mean fizik) lol

I really lke every subject except the stupid sahyounis TV (teli) and the smut on it...

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Agha Meyti,
Thanx for starting this informative thread, hope we keep it flowing by every one chiming in.
Pardon my ignorance for not recalling his name but the Person whom this poem is from clearly knew about evolution and he has the power of thought to describe it in 4 bayts long before any one knew about that Brit:

Az jamAdi mordam o nAmi shodam
Vaz namA mordam ze heyvAn sar zadam

mordam az heyvAni o Adam shodam
az che tarsam key ze mordan kam shodam

Mashdi jAn I know you will come to rescue.....

Behdad

National Team Player
Nov 7, 2004
Toronto, Canada
www.PersianWay.com
This dosnt even only apply to science,
As you guys knowKurosh came out with his Human rights/humanity rules and laws. That says there is no different between races/genders and so on... He said these 2500 years ago, and even today there are many places in the world that don't and can't follow them.

This just shows how advance and modern persians were back in the time.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Motori jaan;
that is another one of Molana's wonderful poems...
He is another one of our Persian wonders....
I recently learned that Molavi had studied all his day's sciences. he knew medicine as well as math and philosophy..but his real knowledge came from above..

Kourosh is one of the rare cases because not only he was the king of the land but also the king of hearts ...
He also had a (good) connection to the Creator!

All the world's wonders are due to one person tho.... he's been around since before the adam and eve....

;-)

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
we're a unique race man, theres historical evidence that our civilization goes back 7,000 years, but in the bible it says that earth is only 6,000 years old. i never understood this

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Javeed said:
SOme say the Sa'di knew about atoms when he said:

del-e har zarreh keh beshkaafi
aaftaabish dar miaan bini.
Not to take away anything from the great contributions of Saadi, but this particular piece I believe is from Haatef Espahani which is very meaningful and beautiful. Most Persian scholars wrote beautiful poetry since writing in prose was not viewed as big an art. However, we as a nation can claim ownership of such precious treasures and affinity to these illumined minds when and if our words and deeds coincide with theirs.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Meehandoost said:
However, we as a nation can claim ownership of such precious treasures and affinity to these illumined minds when and if our words and deeds coincide with theirs.
Words of wisdom.