How do you take money to Iran

Cyrus

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Texas
Hi everyone. I live in the United States and I am going to Iran for a month. My bank is not in Iran. What is the best way to take money that you need for your trip? Do you just take it all as cash?

Dec 12, 2002
usa
just take it with you ,then over there are millions who want to exchange ,but the time the arriving i think you shoud know howmuch you have with you .

soniq

Bench Warmer
Feb 25, 2006
dalghoozabad
hide it in your underwear,or in your belt,if you gotta alot of money try stickin them in every hole u have:D j/k
but the last time i checked ppl took money in their pockets

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
i go to iran every summer, and i have never had any problem in the airport regarding how much cash i have on me. i never declare how much i have with me, and they have never asked (in the past 5-6 years anyway). so dont worry about it. i dont think its an issue. just take it in cash, 100 dollar bills, keep it in your wallet, and no worries.

Feb 24, 2006
just letting you know that Bank Mellat accepts visa transfers. I think thats the safest. If you intrested to know more about that, I will ask my dad, and I will tell you.

Cyrus

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Texas
Thanks for your advice everyone. I will take it as cash this trip. Streaming Erin: I am interested in the bank thing and would appreciate if you asked your dad. I will start making real money soon and I would like to be able to send money to my relatives.

Feb 24, 2006
oh, my dad uses his visa to get money from his visa card converted to toman when he is in iran. I don't see how you could send money to relatives.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I went to a Bank in Iran trying to exchange my money and they didn’t accept 100 dollar bills because it was dated 1996 , but there is a lot of other places besides banks where they accept any bill with any date.