How many goals will be scored on Iran in World Cup 2018?

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Well, this is the reverse of the other thread. I think 1 or 2 by Morocco, 4-5 by Spain, 1 or 2 by Portugal. So, in total, 6-9.

Oct 18, 2010
actually iran is not good at parking the bus,they always
hit the curb at some point.
iran has allowed 8,4,6,4 goals in their previous appearances,respectively.
so the odds are they allow a minimum of 4 goals this time around.

Feb 4, 2005
actually iran is not good at parking the bus,they always
hit the curb at some point.
iran has allowed 8,4,6,4 goals in their previous appearances,respectively.
so the odds are they allow a minimum of 4 goals this time around.
Last time we received 3 goals in last game when we had to win and hence didn’t park the bus. We did extremely well against both Nigeria and Argentina and if it wasn’t for the genius of Messi and a terrible referee mistake we would have tied the match.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Last time we received 3 goals in last game when we had to win and hence didn’t park the bus. We did extremely well against both Nigeria and Argentina and if it wasn’t for the genius of Messi and a terrible referee mistake we would have tied the match.

This is the wrong approach to take into the world cup or any competition or battle ,realistically they are better than us ,we maybe on par in some respect with Morroco and can beat them and lose against them but the other two are way above our level but on the day of battle you forget about all that and go in to take all there is to take.

If you come out empty handed but put up a good fight with what you have against what they have there is no shame , but there is always a chance of pulling a surprise if you do your best and take your chances ....and parking the bus as some of you would like to call it is part of a battle against powerhouses like Spain and Portugal.

Sorry Nader jan , by wrong approach I am referring to the topic of this thread.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am glad you clarified your intention on the last line as I was going to think about a 2 beyti for my dear eagle.

I liked your post mentioning the brave fight we put up against Messi & co ,that's why I quoted it ,thanks for bringing it up .

If was tough enough having to face Messi and his Argentine play mates , we almost went to beat them or tie with them but we couldn't beat the ref .

Our lads put up a brave fight when lot of people were expecting a wipe out ,who knows if they had tied that game they would have approached their last game different.

May 12, 2007
From 90 analyse program it looks like we will not play bus system in world cup. We have many good forwards that try to press the opponents defense
and our defense should transfer the ball to our forwards as soon as possible. The game against morocco is a must win and therefor we wont play bus system.
The game against Spain maybe the first 60 min to make sure they won't score many goals, Then like the game against Argentine we will start to attack.
Last time we played Portogal we lost 2-0. This time we should do better since we are now better they are worse.