I almost shed a tear today

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
For the first time in a long time I watched that Karimi video toofan made a couple years ago, i got reminded of this rare talent we had in Ali Karimi.

Then I saw the headlines in this and other sites that hes in the UAE today negotiating with Al-Ahli to return to them.
http://www.alkhaleej.ae/sport/show_article.cfm?val=340740
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=23833

it really breakes my heart to hear this. i dont think we'll have a player like Karimi for another few generations to come. its completely beyond me why he chooses to be lazy and not capitalize on this oppartunity that anyone given half the oppartunity would have made the best of

he dissapointed me in Ireland when he had two chances to score and take us to the world cup, but he had the right intentions so i forgived him

when everyone blamed him during the world cup for lacking enthusiasm and pride, i took him for his word that he was sick and injured, and i gave him the benefit of the doubt

he said on the plane be mellate iran 'ma jobran meekoneem'

this is how you want to make up for it mr. karimi?

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
For the first time in a long time I watched that Karimi video toofan made a couple years ago, i got reminded of this rare talent we had in Ali Karimi.

Then I saw the headlines in this and other sites that hes in the UAE today negotiating with Al-Ahli to return to them.
http://www.alkhaleej.ae/sport/show_article.cfm?val=340740
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=23833

it really breakes my heart to hear this. i dont think we'll have a player like Karimi for another few generations to come. its completely beyond me why he chooses to be lazy and not capitalize on this oppartunity that anyone given half the oppartunity would have made the best of

he dissapointed me in Ireland when he had two chances to score and take us to the world cup, but he had the right intentions so i forgived him

when everyone blamed him during the world cup for lacking enthusiasm and pride, i took him for his word that he was sick and injured, and i gave him the benefit of the doubt

he said on the plane be mellate iran 'ma jobran meekoneem'

this is how you want to make up for it mr. karimi?
You act like this is some huge surprise. He has been negotiating for months. Also, the way you make it out, it's as if he is a traitor for choosing to go to the UAE. There may be an argument about being a traitor for the World Cup (even though I don't think he is solely to blame), but this all out attack on him going to the UAE is unfair. Am I disappointed that he's going there instead of trying to prove himself? Of course because he's the most talented player we have ever had and should have been ten times the player, but he's no traitor for deciding what to do with his talent. And besides, if he plays for us the same way he did before leaving for Germany, I would prefer that a million times to how he's been playing recently. The guy is not that old, he still has some good years ahead of him and if he can rediscover his form in the UAE, then good for him and good for Iran.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
bayern was a wrong choice for karimi...his agent didnt warn him about that and u see the result...bayern plays shitty ,,its not karimi's fault,,,,german football sucks big time,,barca 4 ta zad haleshoon avord delam khonak shood,,,,
ma age 1998 ye morabi be dard bokhoor dashtim to france bordeboodim germany ro...

Aug 27, 2005
I cry, when I think about what he could have been. I do not even consider him iranian any more. But screw that. I know osme where out there, maybe in the street of Tehran or Mashad, there is a little boy with a plastic ball. Learning his skills evryday. and one day he will be our new hero. and he might be a true iranian

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
I cry, when I think about what he could have been. I do not even consider him iranian any more. But screw that. I know osme where out there, maybe in the street of Tehran or Mashad, there is a little boy with a plastic ball. Learning his skills evryday. and one day he will be our new hero. and he might be a true iranian
you are still young and still havent faced the real life aziz jan....ali karimi started from iran and now he reached to bundesliga.....he never had the chance of other talents like figo or beckam to get the proper trainings when he needed them but still played really good till that horrible injury before the wc2006.....i dont know where u live or even where are u born aziz jan,,,but if u r born in iran and u r not a talented/educated guy or ur dady is not rich enough,u gana end up in azad uni in iran and struggling for living like all other 70 millions out there....cheer up and be happy

karimi started from below ZERO and he reached 80 out of 100..others started from +50 and reached 100..u tell me..who is the real winner???

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
who?
karimi?
who's that?

I've already forgotten him.
right now, as we speak, we have plenty of great , talented and most importantly, TEAM-ORIENTED midfielders like Shojaee, Mobaali, Jabari, ... and in the next generation, Kolahkaj, Noori, ... etc.

So I dont see why we shd cry over the wasted talent of karimi.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
who?
karimi?
who's that?

I've already forgotten him.
right now, as we speak, we have plenty of great , talented and most importantly, TEAM-ORIENTED midfielders like Shojaee, Mobaali, Jabari, ... and in the next generation, Kolahkaj, Noori, ... etc.

So I dont see why we shd cry over the wasted talent of karimi.
none of those guys have half the talent karimi does. watch toofans video again, i know its been awhile so its to have forgotten

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
Good post Sirabi jan...

I cant think of any examples now but I'm positive I've seen talented players who were unsuccessful in the club careers at top levels but yet made good performances for their countries. Same with Karimi, if his mind is settled in UAE and he keeps his fitness (a big if), there's no reson why we can't see another 5 years of him at TM. Of course with older age he won't be able to beat and run past players (as in AC04, WCQ2002) but he can be utilised in deeper roles as a holding midfielder. I am of the belief that he is so talented in his defending that he would probably do Nekunam's job better than Nekunam himself!

However, there can be no doubt that he did not fulfill his potential, as was the case with our other 2 most talented plyers produced in modern times: Azizi and Bagheri

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
karimi started from below ZERO and he reached 80 out of 100..others started from +50 and reached 100..u tell me..who is the real winner???
are you trying to make ali karimi's career look successful?
he had (has) exceptional talent, and yeah he made alot of money for himself
and you're saying because of that we should say he is the real winner?
He let a nation down, when we saw him in the world cup we were all so disappointed (more by his attitude than how he played). he had the chance to become something great
and for some reason after his injury he just stopped trying (ive watched bayern games). if there is a justifiable reason he should really go public with it, because if there isn't he is an absolute failure, he is NOT a winner.
ill quote the spiderman movie: with great power comes great responsiblity. he had alot of talent, but he didn't use it well. and yea maybe he got from below 0 to 80, but he shouldve got to 200. and he owed that to the iranian nation. he was the messiah to iranian football, but he just decided not to save us, when he could have. and i know we had other good football players, but the glimmers of hope we got from watching him play, we haven't got from watching anyone else play.
anyways thats wat i have to say...

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
He let a nation down, when we saw him in the world cup we were all so disappointed (more by his attitude than how he played). he had the chance to become something great
and for some reason after his injury he just stopped trying (ive watched bayern games). if there is a justifiable reason he should really go public with it, because if there isn't he is an absolute failure, he is NOT a winner.
i
anyways thats wat i have to say...

baba jan,,,,a pro football player got a terrible knee injury 6 weeks before a tournament like worldcup and he puts 110% to get recovered and play for his country,,,then a retard like branco and a betrayer likeali daei decide to cover eachother's ass during the world cup and the result is a failure.......why u blaming karimi baba jan???? he wasnt 100% fit during the worldcup....but branco used him in the worst position,,,baba all tv commenters said that 1000 times,,,,dige bayad chikar mikard??? daei ba branco let us down by their stupid decisions...let ali karimi alone...

dont tell me that u have been succesful in all of ur jobs....there are sometimes that u notice that u dont fit in the environment and u have to resign or find for another job,,,same thing happened for karimi....germany is the worst place to work if u r a non-german....THEY CALL US ///kale siah.... he simply didnt fit in that situation,,,he didnt like munich so he didnt try to learn german or even relocating his family to munich....why we judging him then???

we all wanted him to play for barca or real.....but he wasnt that pro..do we have to hang him for this???thats why i said he reached 80 not 100///

baba ye negah bekon be poshte saret bebin ma az koja miaeem.....in hakhamaneshi va sasanian va inha ro bavar nakon ,,,,,heritage va civilisation ro bezar kenar va bebin vase yel football player ke bad az enghelab to karaj be donya omade va alan ta bayern reside ,,in ghadame kami booode???thats all im saying....

loads of us had and still immigrating to canada,uk,EU.USA,,,but seriously whats happening to the majority of us after immigration?? we get a degree and find a normal job and work 24/7 with 3 weeks holiday,,thats alll....akhe be koja residim????

ye bache az dehathaye FOOMAN omade karaj ,,bad reside be bayern,,,,in success nist???bad 4 ta degree tokhmi az 4 ta uni zeperti ke mano to gereftim shakhe ghool boode???:wallbash2:

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
baba jan,,,,a pro football player got a terrible knee injury 6 weeks before a tournament like worldcup and he puts 110% to get recovered and play for his country,,,then a retard like branco and a betrayer likeali daei decide to cover eachother's ass during the world cup and the result is a failure.......why u blaming karimi baba jan???? he wasnt 100% fit during the worldcup....but branco used him in the worst position,,,baba all tv commenters said that 1000 times,,,,dige bayad chikar mikard??? daei ba branco let us down by their stupid decisions...let ali karimi alone...
dont tell me that u have been succesful in all of ur jobs....there are sometimes that u notice that u dont fit in the environment and u have to resign or find for another job,,,same thing happened for karimi....germany is the worst place to work if u r a non-german....THEY CALL US ///kale siah.... he simply didnt fit in that situation,,,he didnt like munich so he didnt try to learn german or even relocating his family to munich....why we judging him then???
listen, i do not really know about ali karimi's history....what he did when he was a kid and how he got to persepolis from a dehaat in karaj, it might be a true underdog story and it might not have even been pure talent...maybe he worked his ass off.

but i'm only talking about the last 2 years.......i dont wanna judge him, but u r makin a load of excuses for him. he didn't like munich, they called him a kalle siaah.....well i dont think thats a good excuse. He was doing quite well there last year, i was very impressed with him. so if he just sucked it up for a while longer he wouldve had an offer from a club which he wouldve liked to go to more. but after that injury something happened to our beloved karimi. instead of moving forward, he started to move backwards...and if he goes to emirates then he has taken a full step backwards. he's going back to where he was 6 years ago. and i personally do not see how u can justify that...
oh true, we dont succeed in everything we do, yes i know. BUT this is football, and it's what ali karimi does best, and we saw he could do well in bayern so if he jus sucked it up a little while longer and tried hard, things wouldve perhaps been different. But again that's when a person's character comes into play, and i think we saw his....
im gonna repeat wat i said before....right now I am under the assumption that he has fully recovered from his knee injury, and that there is no huge misery in his life. if that is the case i cannot justify wat i've seen from him, and you shouldn't be able to either.
and i seem to disagree with u on something. i think if u work hard u can reach wat u want. it all comes down to the person's own choices.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
listen, i do not really know about ali karimi's history....what he did when he was a kid and how he got to persepolis from a dehaat in karaj, it might be a true underdog story and it might not have even been pure talent...maybe he worked his ass off.

but i'm only talking about the last 2 years.......i dont wanna judge him, but u r makin a load of excuses for him. he didn't like munich, they called him a kalle siaah.....well i dont think thats a good excuse. He was doing quite well there last year, i was very impressed with him. so if he just sucked it up for a while longer he wouldve had an offer from a club which he wouldve liked to go to more. but after that injury something happened to our beloved karimi. instead of moving forward, he started to move backwards...and if he goes to emirates then he has taken a full step backwards. he's going back to where he was 6 years ago. and i personally do not see how u can justify that...
oh true, we dont succeed in everything we do, yes i know. BUT this is football, and it's what ali karimi does best, and we saw he could do well in bayern so if he jus sucked it up a little while longer and tried hard, things wouldve perhaps been different. But again that's when a person's character comes into play, and i think we saw his....
im gonna repeat wat i said before....right now I am under the assumption that he has fully recovered from his knee injury, and that there is no huge misery in his life. if that is the case i cannot justify wat i've seen from him, and you shouldn't be able to either.
and i seem to disagree with u on something. i think if u work hard u can reach wat u want. it all comes down to the person's own choices.
something happened to our karimi??????let me tell u what it was...loads of ppl called him betrayer ,,,,khaeen..vatanforooosh because he refused to go to the pitch and suggested a younger player take part since we were already out of the wc2006...he played with an injured knee during the worldcup and as the result he wasnt the same karimi,,,but ppl called him kamforoosh and khaen.....what do u expect baba joon????some ppl are not that tough like u,,,they r more emotional,sensitive and need support to recover from a bad incident ,,,,

btw i never said he was from a dehat in karaj,,,he is originally from fooman which is in gilan in north of iran,,,but born in karaj and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as u said had worked hardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
talents is only 3%,,the rest is hard work

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
I watched it as well today, and felt sorrow, will he never come back to form, will be not make it up to us? who do we have to replace him, so many questions, on an aching heart.