i am at fariborz's(real madrid) house cooking ...

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
hehe,bah bah shenidam khoone dar ham hastin!!:)

have fun watching footie together. be mizban salam beresun!!

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Damet garm Keyvan jaan.. inshaalah hamishe khosh bashi!! If you get a change get down here to Calif with Fariborz and we will have good time here.. I am having a "Grand Opening" of my "ghelyoon khoneh" at my house.. I have purchased bunch of persian poshti and Gabbeh rug and I am waiting for some nice pics.. then ghelyoon and shot of vodka will be necessary!!

Dameton garm hAl konid.

Bijans said:
Damet garm Keyvan jaan.. inshaalah hamishe khosh bashi!! If you get a change get down here to Calif with Fariborz and we will have good time here.. I am having a "Grand Opening" of my "ghelyoon khoneh" at my house.. I have purchased bunch of persian poshti and Gabbeh rug and I am waiting for some nice pics.. then ghelyoon and shot of vodka will be necessary!!

Dameton garm hAl konid.
thanks bijan jan for inviting

Yes , we had a good time last night and keyva cooked spaghetti for us but we didn't let him wash the dishes..:drunk: any way you are also welcome to Montreal azziz, we pick you from the airport and take you staright to ..... ( well it's montreal you know) :belly:

Don't get the point.

Why would I not simply make Yogurt and Ayran the traditional way?

What makes this a better method?
To make a good traditional Doogh you need to use sour yogurt unless you like it sweet and just buy the regular yogurt at the store and add water and salt and drink it, not for me thou. what Kefir does is to turn your milk into the cultured yogurt and then you control the sourness by letting it out for more than 48 hours or less. also, you always use the same grain over and over so basically once you culture a pack in the milk which turns to a yogurt it lasts forever. ( see the video)

I also used the carbonated water which made it even better

try it once and you're going to love it.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
در واقع یک مایه ماست متفاوت هستش.

چون که شما اگر ماست خودت را درست کنی با مایه ماست ساده یونانی

ماست ملایم تولید میشه.
بعد اگر هفت هشت ساعت بیشتر بیرون بمانه بیشتر ترش میشه.

در واقع یک مایه ماست متفاوت هستش.

چون که شما اگر ماست خودت را درست کنی با مایه ماست ساده یونانی

ماست ملایم تولید میشه.
بعد اگر هفت هشت ساعت بیشتر بیرون بمانه بیشتر ترش میشه.
That works too. the only thing is that Milk is cheaper than yogurt and I can get More yogurt out of Milk than buying it for Doogh.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Good dough has whipping cream but kefir has more food packed in it..

you can also use amazon to get the kambucha and food fermentation starting kit as mentioned in the tape. I think I posted that in the food thread RM created.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
To make a good traditional Doogh you need to use sour yogurt unless you like it sweet and just buy the regular yogurt at the store and add water and salt and drink it, not for me thou. what Kefir does is to turn your milk into the cultured yogurt and then you control the sourness by letting it out for more than 48 hours or less. also, you always use the same grain over and over so basically once you culture a pack in the milk which turns to a yogurt it lasts forever. ( see the video)

I also used the carbonated water which made it even better

try it once and you're going to love it.
What kind of carbonated water did you use? Did it go flat quickly?

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Just to think what it took in terms of time to try out and finalize many Iranian dishes over the years.. anyone here has run into a history of persian cuisine document ?