i am at fariborz's(real madrid) house cooking ...

Oct 18, 2010
Juice brand that people drink in Iran. I also think it has some kind of a political or social classification reference to certain groups of people that support the regime. I have seen it appear in references made like saying "Folani Sandis Khoreh" or "Sandis Khora" and stuff like that. I am sure others can elaborate more!
in iran i usually stick to bottled water.
i'm going to iran tomorrow,will try it this time.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Juice brand that people drink in Iran. I also think it has some kind of a political or social classification reference to certain groups of people that support the regime. I have seen it appear in references made like saying "Folani Sandis Khoreh" or "Sandis Khora" and stuff like that. I am sure others can elaborate more!
historically Capri Sun style of of package "juice" made of concentrate is the cheapest form of refreshments sold in iranian convenient stores.
perhaps a replacement for traditional yakh dar behesht, khake-shir, ab zereshk that used to be sold around the country.

in more recent years رانی has replaced sandis as the more popular juice packaging. because it also has some fruit pulps in the packaging.

back to political vernacular.

ساندیس خور

refers to a very poor individual who is willing to bused in the by the government to a demonstration and only merely be compensated with Sandish refreshment.

Basically mocking the person for selling their soul for that cheap.

of course in recent years Sandis is merely just a symbol. typically those bused in demonstrator might receive a nominal food coupon or something like that.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
https://www.instacart.com/shopping/...MI683W0_Px3AIVxmp-Ch3JwAsLEAYYASABEgJOpPD_BwE

https://shop.sprouts.com/search?search_term=kefir

Would this work? I need some links to which Kafir to buy and I will definitely try this. I had never heard of this before. Very interesting stuff man. The part where you can make it indefinitely makes you think of an endless supply of doogh. Please advise where I can get this Kefir from or what it looks like and Ill be on it today.
https://www.amazon.com/Cultures-Hea...1534445267&sr=8-3&keywords=water+kefir+grains

Yes, that's the one but here are a few tips.

1- never ever use a tap water.
2- never use a metal in any way, shape or form. wash your hands and use them instead of the spoon
3- use a %3 milk.
4-the longer you culture the sourer doogh your yogurt become ( usually three days)
5- careful with the ratio of milk to grain

. (حدودا 2 قاشق قارچ کفیر برای تبدیل کردن یک لیتر شیر به ماست مناسب است) توجه داشته باشید که شیر را چند دقیقه قبل از یخچال خارج کرده تا کمی با محیط هم دما شود.
the youtube video I posted is a complete guide to this

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Arvand is made from Canadian mineral water. That's why its so much superior to the rest of the dooghs out there. I have tried many dooghs in the years here in the USA and Arvand takes the prize in my book. Also Saddaf has a two liter called "Dooghe Bakhtiari" which is amazing on ice.
Try Karoun next time and you will never buy any other brand.