I watched Donya and Mehman e maman

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
Is is strange for me that watching bunch of iranian movies in last 3,4 months,and I kinda liked it ,I don't think IF I would live in Iran I would watch Iranian movies ,because of the nature of depressing othe stories which it contains in Iranian music and movies .
anyhow I liked the both ,Mehman e maman from Mehrjouie has some positive attitude which is very unusal for Iranian menality .
the Donya has some good socio-political message .
this Hedeyeh Tehrani is kinda good looking though .

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Donya and Mehmane Maman are two very good movies. They are both comedies(except fo the end of Donya). I got a good laugh watching both, and they were a hell of alot better then alot of the more depressing Iranian movies.
And yes Hedieh Tehrani sure is easy on the eyes.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
hehe Payan jan,whats up u getting back to Iranian movies?!!;)
jk,Im glad u liked both.

Donya is my fav.its very true and funny..That Hajagha guy(he is banned now) was hilarious!!
hehe yeah Hediye Tehran is very pretty(be cheshme khahari!),she is best at playing naughty girls` roles!!!

and in Mehman e Maman for the first time in Iranian movies, majority of the actors/actresses were well known and famous.laughed alot watching it!

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Niloufar Khanoom, are you sure the Hajagha guy (Sharifinia) is banned? I saw him recently in another Iranian TV serial.

Niloufar said:
hehe Payan jan,whats up u getting back to Iranian movies?!!;)
jk,Im glad u liked both.

Donya is my fav.its very true and funny..That Hajagha guy(he is banned now) was hilarious!!
hehe yeah Hediye Tehran is very pretty(be cheshme khahari!),she is best at playing naughty girls` roles!!!

and in Mehman e Maman for the first time in Iranian movies, majority of the actors/actresses were well known and famous.laughed alot watching it!

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
Nilou ,I am hooked to Iranian movie ,so what's up with Hadgi agha (banned ) ? .
last nite I watched 2 women (du zan ) .,a tragic but it contained very pwerful message which our women suffer in iran.I really do admire this lady Tahmineh Milani ,absolutely her works could show the cultural deficency and mard salari in our country.
by any chance could you put up her biography and her younger picture .
btw the story of du zan was a kinda similar strory which it happened to a girl when I was kid (close family friend ) ,
she was going to college ,this stalker fell in love with her ,the family refused to accept the guy ,they called police on him ,one day he threw accid on her ,burned her face and hands ,after surgery she finished college ,the guy went to prison ,she had to marry a man based on parents recomedation and pressure,she has two kids ,anywy ,several years ago her husband got killed ,but they have never revealed the story how.
pretty close story to that 2 zan movie .

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
haven't seen Mehman-e Maman. I'll have to see it.
Donya was pretty decent. "Do Zan" was very disturbing because
I think it was actually based on Tahmineh Milani's own experience.

Any other good movies you recommend? How about "Sag-koshi"
and "Komaa"? Any other ones?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Fetso jan,
I read in an Irani newspaper few days ago that he is banned from playing(recently). that TV series could be old.they do that alot to decent actors/actresses..some warning and $ and he is set to go!:rolleyes:

Payan jan,
oh wow that case IS very similar to "2 zan".damn..poor girl..
yeah I love her works.although sometimes they may seem too feminine but thats the reality of our problems in Iran right now..if u love her works, try to watch her "Vakoneshe Panjom". Its brilliant!

here is Tahmine Milani`s bio:
born in 1339 in Tabriz.
B.A in Architecture from Polytechnique uni.
Mohammad Nikbin(producer)`s wife.
Once was imprisoned by Rev Council bc of her "Vakoneshe panjom" film.
has directed following movies(oldest to newest):"Bachehaye talagh","Afsaneyeh ah","Dige che khabar?","kakadoo", "2 zan", "Nimeyeh Penhan", "shabhaye tehran", "Vakoneshe Panjom"

these r the pics I found from her(is not that old,though):
http://images.google.ca/images?q=Tahmineh+Milani&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
eshghi said:
Any other good movies you recommend? How about "Sag-koshi"
and "Komaa"? Any other ones?
eshghi jan,
Try "Boutique", "Shami dar bad", "Shahre ziba",..they are pretty decent!:)
Personally I didnt like "Sag-koshi" and "Komaa". they were ok but nothing special. the acting in both movies were poor as well as the story.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
shahzdeh jan , thanks for the info , btw I saw Adam barffi ,but what surprized me was the Hadgi agha look (Sharefinia in that movie and how young he was ,considring Adam barfi was made in 1374 and Donya is pretty much new ,in a duration of 10,11 years hadgi look real aged .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
Eshghi , these are movie I recomend that worth to watch .
under the skin of the city (zire pooste shab ) -mooshake kaghazi (very funny ) ,some rashti slung in movie by the actor (originally from rasht ) ,poor fiming though .-
seceret ballot ( i liked it alot ) ,good acting ,great filming and sounds .-gabbeh (very colorfull movie ,beautiful nature of ghashghaee life style )-close up (nema-ye nazdik )-the wind will carry us ( kia rostami ) -hidden half (nimahe pinhoan ) -the girl in the sneakers (dokhtari ba kafshe ..)l-leyla-
I saw more but I have forgotten the names .
some of rel boring ,some of real depressing .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
you'r welcome ,btw I like this movie crimson gold (tala ye sorkh ) ,great acting ,filming ,directing .
the movie has all the holywood technique in it .
I saw Komma and Eynak doudi as well.
pretty much foot step of regime's moziyane propganda in it .alot of scene were censored in Iran .
over all they bring hal va hava ye Iran for us .