In fear of being arrested, Bush cancels Switzerland visit

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Bush cancels Switzerland visit under threat of protests, efforts to arrest him

By Bridget Johnson - 02/05/11 09:59 AM ET

President George W. Bush has canceled an event in the famously neutral country Switzerland because of expected protests to his presence there.
Bush was supposed to give the keynote address at a Jewish group's charity gala on Feb. 12 in Geneva.

Leftist groups had planned to protest the visit, according to news agencies. But several human rights groups had also filed criminal complaints against Bush, demanding that he be taken into custody if he stepped on Swiss soil and investigated for allegations of ordering torture.

A right-wing member of the Swiss parliament also demanded last week Bush's arrest on war crimes allegations if he came to the country, according to Reuters.

Swiss officials countered that, as a former head of state, Bush would be protected with a level of diplomatic immunity, and Keren Hayesod, the group that had invited Bush, said the court actions against the former president did not play into the decision to go forward with the dinner without him.

"We didn't want to put people and property in Geneva at risk. The gala is maintained but George Bush will not take part," the group's lawyer, Robert Equey told the Tribune de Geneve. "The (criminal) complaints did not weigh in the decision."

He noted protests against the G8 summit just across the border in France in 2003 that ended up rampaging through Geneva.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nder-threat-of-protests-efforts-to-arrest-him

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Here is my question. How come Ahmadinjead is jetting around the globe every day an nobody wants to arrest him? Where are the "leftists" groups when we need them? The alliance of the left and Akhunds against America is long running.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Here is my question. How come Ahmadinjead is jetting around the globe every day an nobody wants to arrest him? Where are the "leftists" groups when we need them? The alliance of the left and Akhunds against America is long running.
The very fact that you're even comparing Bush to Antarinejad ought to tell you something. IRI was always a rogue regime, US was not.

Had you actually bothered to read (instead of rushing to shoot it off yet again) you would have realized that it's not just the leftists who find President Shrub the war criminal that he is.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
The very fact that you're even comparing Bush to Antarinejad ought to tell you something. IRI was always a rogue regime, US was not.
You aren't make it any sense. Based on this logic, Bush should go scott free and Ahmadinejad should be arrested. Looks like ISP being down for a couple of days has affected your debating skills.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
You aren't make it any sense. Based on this logic, Bush should go scott free and Ahmadinejad should be arrested. Looks like ISP being down for a couple of days has affected your debating skills.
I make sense; you just pretend you don’t get it;)

A person should be arrested based on his crimes. Shrub is a war criminal. AN is just plain criminal. But, the article was about Shrub, not AN. In your normal fashion; you're yet again trying a fallacious argument to derail the original issue. The fact still remains that the world sees the village idiot for what he is: a war criminal.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I make sense; you just pretend you don’t get it;)

A person should be arrested based on his crimes. Shrub is a war criminal. AN is just plain criminal. But, the article was about Shrub, not AN. In your normal fashion; you're yet again trying a fallacious argument to derail the original issue. The fact still remains that the world sees the village idiot for what he is: a war criminal.
War criminal? Oh sure, Gitmo is closed, Baghram is shut down, rendition has stopped, US is out of Iraq, Afghanistan is winding down, drone attacks on a sovereign country has ceased, schools aren't being bombed and terrorists are tried in civilian courts. Did I miss something? The man child is so desperate that he has resorted to comparing himself to Reagan now. Puhleeeeeze.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
War criminal? Oh sure, Gitmo is closed, Baghram is shut down, rendition has stopped, US is out of Iraq, Afghanistan is winding down, drone attacks on a sovereign country has ceased, schools aren't being bombed and terrorists are tried in civilian courts. Did I miss something? The man child is so desperate that he has resorted to comparing himself to Reagan now. Puhleeeeeze.
So, if all your existence is summarized in sewing the earth and the sky to pull Obama's name through mud, then don't try so hard. Obama is as culpable in these crimes as Shrub the Coke Addict. The only difference is, Shrub started the whole thing and power has a way of perpetuating itself. We will not see a President give up many of these powers voluntarily nor end these wars any time soon.

A couple of days ago, it was 23 REPUBLICAN members of the house that blocked the extension of the Patriot Act and I say more power to them!

This is why I say you need to chill out and give the FOX noise box a rest.