Incredible: All persons in the US between 18-42 to serve 2 years service

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-H5741/text

Text of H.R. 5741 as introduced in the House of Representatives:

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.
Fucking Rangel is at it again...

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Thanx for the news ADC - very scary
Wake up boyz
They are creating the USA version of Basij - the parallel army that Obama had promissed to make - the one with equal budgets to the US armed forces.
The concept may look OK on the surface - providing jobs to millions in the Ghetos of America.... but we all know what a parallel civilian army can evolve into.......

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Thanx for the news ADC - very scary
Wake up boyz
They are creating the USA version of Basij - the parallel army that Obama had promissed to make - the one with equal budgets to the US armed forces.
The concept may look OK on the surface - providing jobs to millions in the Ghetos of America.... but we all know what a parallel civilian army can evolve into.......
aehm

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes
To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.
what has bringing the draft back got to do with creating basij? if that's the case, then every country with a draft is having a basij militia and if anything a professional army reflects more basij than this one.

personally, IMHO some kind of mandatory community service for a period of time(3-9 months) is a great idea...but that's just me.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I don't agree with much of what is in this clip - but Obama's comments on the first 20 seconds scares me to death. Just like creation of Basij in Iran - they initially make it look as a force to defend the country against foreign enemies - and then.......it becomes a force to oppress the nation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIJSsBVAk0E"]YouTube- Obama's Civilian Army Creating a Police State[/ame]

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Passing or not - billions have already been dedicated towards Obam's civilian army... Too bad our press is useless and will not investigate where and how Obama is spending $$$
Here is a clip of the racist Glen Beck show - never mind Glenn - listen to what his guests - especially David Ballavia have to say. I am not saying these are all facts - but it vertainly are views to know about and consider.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlhFRyJV0so"]YouTube- Obama Calls For Civilian Army[/ame]

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
They never tried to hide this particular agenda.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDSwyCPEsQ"]YouTube- Obama's Plan for The Draft- MANDATORY SERVICE everyone 18-25[/ame]

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I think having a manditory 1 year community service before college or whatever should be something that they have. I think it should be a paid 1 year of service but it can do a lot in my opinion... I have not had a chance to read up on any of what this thread is actually about yet.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
There is a history to this bill. Rangel has tried to introduce it 3 previous times. The bill as written is pathetic, and will never pass. It allows for NO deferment after 20. Meaning if you are in med school, law school, whatever, you can have your school interrupted.

While I have no problem with some sort of civic duty, this is the wrong way to go about it..