Insane escape-flip-take-down by Iranian wrestler!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
That's Iman Sadeghi , TM Javanan Iran wrestler (60 kg ) who won Gold in World Junior Free Style Wrestling Championships in Zagreb , Croatia just a few days ago. :)

What Iman did in that video is an improvised version of wrestling technique called " eshkel gorbeh ", and he did it in the semi-final of World Junior Championships in Zagreb , Croatia which he won and went on to win Gold medal just a few days ago.

TM Javanan Iran won the World Junior Championships in Zagreb for the first time since 1995 with 3 Gold medals & 3 Bronze medals. :)

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Bijanjan, the chances of breaking your leg are not high, but the odds of miscalculating the jump and kicking your opponent in the head are very very high. That's why most wrestlers avoid it altogether. This was simply flawless for a 60KG wrestler.
You are correct I'm not an expert on wrestling but I watch enough matches to understand that. The probability of breaking your leg on a play like that is slim to none in fact if it happens it is more of a fluke. Unfortunately at our high school, we didn't have wrestling otherwise I would have probably loved it because I love grappling arts. The young man has a lot of skills he is only going to develope further that is the scary part. Iranian wrestling team is sick with it man they are also brilliant in Judo and TKD. In fact for my own bjj/judo I watch clips of the Iranian Judo team. They are so dam good. Sorry I got off track I just love anything that has to do with wrestling or martial arts.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I find this one more impressing. 1/8 finals, 74 kg vs. croatian wrestler. Enghad taaboondesh ke daavar ghat kard! Eyne ye tike gooshte bi joon invar oonvar mikeshatesh lol

[video=youtube;POYw2AQoBsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POYw2AQoBsA[/video]