International Friendly: Uzbekistan vs Team-Melli

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
4 players from above list are excluded:
Forwards Kaveh Rezaei(Injury), Sardar Azmoun(Bacheh-Naneh Bazi), Keeper Rashid Mazaheri(personal problem) and Defender Mohammad Khanzadeh(injury).

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iran didn't always played ''Parking The Bus'' style. The good example is Turkish match where away in Turkey and in front of their crazy home crowd we played a very offensive line-up and attacking minded match. I highly doubt CQ park the bus in group stage. It may happen in elimination round against Aussie, Japan though and i wouldn't blame that if it takes us far in the tournament.

4 years a go was different story. We had much less talented squad, but even that we all know the Iraqis got really lucky, no way they could beat Iran's 11 men. In fact we could have scored few mores with even squad.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Why?!

You think we are going to play the same way we did against Spain and Portugal against the Asians?
Probably worse. There's an element of determination and overdrive when superior opponents are involved. Absent that factor, Iran (historically) plays pretty lame football.
Under CQ it has become organized lame football with insane insistence on not conceding. It gets results, but holy crap it's hard to watch.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Probably worse. There's an element of determination and overdrive when superior opponents are involved. Absent that factor, Iran (historically) plays pretty lame football.
Under CQ it has become organized lame football with insane insistence on not conceding. It gets results, but holy crap it's hard to watch.
So you mean they have no determination to win the cup after 44 years?

You are saying they are going to park the bus against the Asian teams and play lame football.
I don't think we have the ability to go and beat every team in Asia with three goal margin and dominate them all.

That has a lot to do with our preparations, development and investment and a lot to do with how good our opponents are against us, but we won't be playing not to get beat, we'll be playing to win.

There are no guarantees that we will, but if they think like you they will definitely lose! 😍

Nov 24, 2002
So you mean they have no determination to win the cup after 44 years?

You are saying they are going to park the bus against the Asian teams and play lame football.
I don't think we have the ability to go and beat every team in Asia with three goal margin and dominate them all.

That has a lot to do with our preparations, development and investment and a lot to do with how good our opponents are against us, but we won't be playing not to get beat, we'll be playing to win.

There are no guarantees that we will, but if they think like you they will definitely lose! 😍
Dude, you should know Soroush after all these years :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I believe BT means boring not necessarily parking the bus. Mageh na? Eteraf kon, eghra kon, ghol midam dar mojazatet takhfif ghael sham!
I mean parking the bus similar to Mourinho's Man U. Playing extremely cautious football leaving much to be desired, creating very few chances, scoring fewer goals and boring the viewer to death. That's 100% guaranteed under CQ no matter what team he's managing. When it comes to Iran, it's even worse due to lack of quality players upfront.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
One calls it boring. Some call it tactically beautiful and sound. Its a matter of taste at the end of the day.

I rather have them be boring/parking the bus/ scoring 1 goal/not making fancy plays and actually winning versus playing beautiful and eye candy football but not getting results at the end of the day. Result oriented is much much better than looking good. One gives the image and one proves the image.