Interview with a Basiji

Nov 29, 2002
For Mr. Moradani, the biggest shock during the election turmoil came in his personal life. He had recently gotten engaged to a young woman from a devout, conservative family. A week into the protests, he says, his fiancée called him with an ultimatum. If he didn't leave the Basij and stop supporting Mr. Ahmadinejad, he recalls her saying, she wouldn't marry him.

He told her that was impossible. "I suffered a real emotional blow," he says. "She said to me, 'Go beat other people's children then,' and 'I don't want to have anything to do with you,' and hung up on me."

She returned the ring he gave her, and hasn't returned his phone calls. "The opposition has even fooled my fiancée," he says.
----

Feb 22, 2005
Unfortunately, he is an uneducated ignorant, who was brainwashed at very early age. He would not know any better.

And he does not get, it is not his girlfriend that was fooled, but him by the the fascist regime.

He beats educated university students to death and calls them enemies.

This is a good example of what the regime of Iran and its supporters consider a high contributor to the society. And uneducated thug over highly educated students. This is why I call Iranian system a Ghajar system. They both have contributed to the downfall and setting Iran back generations.

buzz

Bench Warmer
May 21, 2003
Ohio
en Mehdi Moradani ajab kaleh khari hastish, enha hala halaha aadam nemishan va mesleh sag az arteshe america va israel mitarsan. zooreshoon be daaneshjo raseedeh.

Jun 19, 2009
For Mr. Moradani, the biggest shock during the election turmoil came in his personal life. He had recently gotten engaged to a young woman from a devout, conservative family. A week into the protests, he says, his fiancée called him with an ultimatum. If he didn't leave the Basij and stop supporting Mr. Ahmadinejad, he recalls her saying, she wouldn't marry him.

He told her that was impossible. "I suffered a real emotional blow," he says. "She said to me, 'Go beat other people's children then,' and 'I don't want to have anything to do with you,' and hung up on me."

She returned the ring he gave her, and hasn't returned his phone calls. "The opposition has even fooled my fiancée," he says.
----
That's Awesome.