Introducing UEFA Nations league. Is this an end to all useless friendlies?

game ended 2-3 for England, spain had 70% of the ball YAAAAAAAAY!!!
Death to Tiki Taka!
Ball possession does not necessarily mean tiki-taka but regardless it all depends who you ask for. I look at the squad and I see a fully counterattacking team than the one can hold onto the ball.

Paco transformed from a dead man to a cheerful 9. he owns it to Dortmund.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Useless friendlies, this format is much the same. Same sh@t different smell.
These constant chert-o-pert football holidays/friendlies have ruined football for me. Every 2-3 weeks there's some sort of stupid delay preventing clubs from reaching their optimum chemistry. I won't even mention the stupid injuries and backroom drama.

National teams should become publicly-owned clubs competing in leagues/tournaments. If your country is too poor to buy its own top players, too fucking bad. Maybe this will incentivize your nation to produce more and have a bigger budget!

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
HT : France 0-1 Germany

France defence has been a bit shambolic in the first half. Lloris with some good saves including a real good one hand block of Sane's pass to Reus.

These constant chert-o-pert football holidays/friendlies have ruined football for me. Every 2-3 weeks there's some sort of stupid delay preventing clubs from reaching their optimum chemistry. I won't even mention the stupid injuries and backroom drama.

National teams should become publicly-owned clubs competing in leagues/tournaments. If your country is too poor to buy its own top players, too fucking bad. Maybe this will incentivize your nation to produce more and have a bigger budget!

Bro, again and again, this ain't no friendlies. this will lead the teams to Euro 2020 in a different qualification format. as the thread title suggests the new format has eliminated the useless friendly.

read more here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League

The UEFA Nations League is a biennial international association football competition contested by the senior men's national teams of the member associations of UEFA, the sport's European governing body.[1]

The first tournament began in September 2018, following the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The four group winners from League A will qualify for the finals, to be played in a yet to be decided European city in June 2019. Four nations, one from each League, will also qualify for the UEFA Euro 2020 finals.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Bro, again and again, this ain't no friendlies. this will lead the teams to Euro 2020 in a different qualification format. as the thread title suggests the new format has eliminated the useless friendly.
Bro, I'm not stupid. I know that. Euro itself is a big pile of shit except for a few meaningful games. National football has lost its meaning almost completely. No one really cares except some 3rd world countries. The level of football played is not good enough. This was not the case before.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Bro, I'm not stupid. I know that. Euro itself is a big pile of shit except for a few meaningful games. National football has lost its meaning almost completely. No one really cares except some 3rd world countries. The level of football played is not good enough. This was not the case before.
I 100% agree with you.
I think on years where we have World Cup or Euro, they need to get rid of these stupid games and extend the break so players can rest more.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I agree with you on too many internationals make it a bit lame but national football means a lot to millions of people and I am not referring to the 3rd world .

Quite rightly some people like yourself prefere to watch club football and as you said to build their momentum without too much disruption .

There are many people specially women who don't care about club football but never miss an international when their country plays.

Bro, are you kidding me? I'm still a fan of back to back league football but do you know any sports without its own international competition? isn't going through qualification is the only way.? although on the financial side, how do you want the federations, confederations, Fifa or even UEFA make their own budgets? Clubs only invest on what interests them but then there are thousands of projects running by FAs and you know unlike Iran they are not founded by their governments, As a matter of fact, there are many clubs who don't mind this international breaks so they can recuperate from. injuries and a bad run of results like us ;)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
The thread should be called "Is Uefa Nations League another useless national team tournament on top of all other useless National Team tournaments?"

The answer would be Yes!

Honestly, biggest crap and waste of time ever. Can't wait to see Gibraltar at the Euros though. LOL.