iPhne 6 VS. Samsung?

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I have heard that iPhone 5 has an excellent still/video camera. In fact the built-in video cam is a super HD and shoots like 120 frame per sec.?!
I was thinking maybe iPhone 6 is about the same. Anyway a 64 Gig iPhone6 S is going to cost me about 400 dollars with the contract which means it is a damn locked phone! but oh well I will keep my 4 to use overseas.

OK Here's what I am looking for to see which one to get:
1- I hate the guts of iTunes and one big thing that I hate about Apple anything is the itunes. It is one of the most idiotic programs I've ever used and I've been using them since MS DOS 3 days lol ;)
2- I was wondering if a compatible Samsung model has that super HD Camera? And if you'd have to run a similar program as iTunes to listen to MP3 files?
3-Does Samsung also have an idiotic program like iTunes or can I just copy my MP3 files and go with it?
4- Do Samsung phones have the speech recognition program installed?
5-Are Samsung phones Apps hard to get and are the more expensive that of Apples?
Thats all my questions.

Thanks!

I can write a book about why I hate itunes. Main thing is that I have several computers (desktops and laptops) and I dont want to have to only use 1 of them to copy over my MP3 or MP4 files. Once I Synced my iPhone with my new laptop and lost every damn thing even my videos.

Anyway, most of my MP3 files are private recordings of books and other sessions and cannot be legal or illegal. Its my own damn recordings which ppl send me from Iran such as audio books spoken by a friend of a family or Rozeh stuff.
and I hate those idiots who are the bowl hotter than the soup! :D

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
- No iTunes for Samsung (iTunes is a crime against humanity). You can copy your files just like a USB flash drive.

- Almost all Samsung Cameras are superior to Apple's even when comparing previous generation Samsung to newer iPhones. Apple is almost always one generation behind Samsung as far as features are concerned.

- Android comes with native Speech Recognition software though it's not as well marketed as Siri (K*ri). I personally hate voice recognition apps. They all suck.

- Samsung phones are usually just a tad cheaper than comparable iPhones.

- Google PlayStore (where most users get apps on an Android phone) has more apps than Apple Store and prices for identical apps are either the same or lower on Android.

- Apple's iOS is more stable than Android. You will generally find yourself rebooting your phone every few days (if not everyday) on Android, while that's definitely not the case with iOS on iPhone or iPad.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One huge downside for Android Users is that it does not have Native Farsi (or many other languages) support built into the keyboard (keyboard not the whole OS). So you often have to download one of those keyboards that are less than perfect and less than perfect and the switching between keyboards is not exactly optimized.

However, if you only care about typing in English Android has plenty of methods of DataInput which iphone has recently made available.

big Upside for Android Users (who are technically Savvy) is that you can virtually control everything the phone does.
Hell you can download your own Android ROM and install on it (very risky though).

Basically for my Mom I recommend IPhone. for people like me I would recommend Android.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One more thing , Who manufacture all iphone Processors ?
That does not mean anything in the modern age. Taiwan Semi Conductor produces half of the Chips.
the Manufacturing is a completely different field these days. it is just not logical for most companies to have their own plants any more.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I've had both iphone and Samsung. Here is my experience:

iphone: better all in all quality. I would argue the touch screen sensitivity is still unmatched by any other phone after so many generations of smart phones!
Samsung: Much better camera, more functions!

That's all there is to it!

Nov 24, 2002
That does not mean anything in the modern age. Taiwan Semi Conductor produces half of the Chips.
the Manufacturing is a completely different field these days. it is just not logical for most companies to have their own plants any more.
Very few have their own plants . That is why STA(Supplier technical assistance ) engineer job is very much in demand these days because of vast majorities of suppliers for companies, even in some major automotive ones in state like Ford,Chrysler , GM

Dude with all due respect you are talking a bit unmindful or perhaps you know too much which we don't ........

any Computer chip is made in Taiwan or Malaysia , so what ? We are talking technology and which company can engineer a better processor. and yes once engineered and designed they make it in Taiwan . wow like we didn't know that ....again personally I am not against apple products but then again when it comes to have a choice then I pass on iphone just because I feel dumb by clicking on apps one after the other

to make it fair , those who love iphones must also experience Android

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...nufacturer-of-apples-new-a7-chip-in-iphone-5s

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dude with all due respect you are talking a bit unmindful or perhaps you know too much which we don't
I am certainly not a EE and most certainly not Chip Engineer or IC or ....
so I won't claim to know the absolute truth on this subject.
any Computer chip is made in Taiwan or Malaysia , so what ?
I did not say Taiwan. I said Taiwan SemiConductor which is specific company that actually owns plants in other countries as well.
and yes it produces probably 50% of the Chips in any given smart phone.

We are talking technology and which company can engineer a better processor. and yes once engineered and designed they make it in Taiwan. I was making the point that half of the ICS
Let's be clear There are three companies that truly have microprocessor technology well 4 if you count Sun. AMD, ARM,Intel.
Nvidia, Qualcom and others simply fab those designs (not entirely but for simplicity purposes let's assume that).

The Technology you are referring to is optics laser that actually put the chip on the die.

The Fact that Samsung has a huge Fabrication business does not necessarily make their phones better or worse.

would you assume a laptop manufactured by Intel to have better quality than laptop produced by HP solely because Intel
Owns 90% of the CPU Market?

The only point I am trying to make most companies(Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle,) do not produce hardware of their own. They simply create the design and outsource the manufacture process to others.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
- No iTunes for Samsung (iTunes is a crime against humanity). You can copy your files just like a USB flash drive.

- Almost all Samsung Cameras are superior to Apple's even when comparing previous generation Samsung to newer iPhones. Apple is almost always one generation behind Samsung as far as features are concerned.

- Android comes with native Speech Recognition software though it's not as well marketed as Siri (K*ri). I personally hate voice recognition apps. They all suck.

- Google PlayStore (where most users get apps on an Android phone) has more apps than Apple Store and prices for identical apps are either the same or lower on Android.

- Apple's iOS is more stable than Android. You will generally find yourself rebooting your phone every few days (if not everyday) on Android, while that's definitely not the case with iOS on iPhone or iPad.
I agree with everything you said i just cant confirm the last point to be a general Android problem. The only android device that didnt run smoothly was my old Motorola Atrix and to a certain extend my Motorola Razor. It turned out to be a fact that Motorola simply couldnt get their phones perfectly in sync with Android OS. Samsung and HTC are absolutely in sync with Android and run as smoothly as it gets. Never had to reboot any Samsung or HTC device ever. HTC is even a tad better. The Sense 6 interface is in my opinion the best and smoothest interface ever produced for an android device. All in all i would never go near iPhone. Too small, too much display of wannabe uniqueness, inferior camera, less functions...

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
One huge downside for Android Users is that it does not have Native Farsi (or many other languages) support built into the keyboard (keyboard not the whole OS). So you often have to download one of those keyboards that are less than perfect and less than perfect and the switching between keyboards is not exactly optimized.

However, if you only care about typing in English Android has plenty of methods of DataInput which iphone has recently made available.

big Upside for Android Users (who are technically Savvy) is that you can virtually control everything the phone does.
Hell you can download your own Android ROM and install on it (very risky though).

Basically for my Mom I recommend IPhone. for people like me I would recommend Android.

You are completely wrong on Native Farsi keyboard. I had Galaxy S2 and now S4 both of them have Farsi keyboard and I use it daily on all Apps. it even has Urdu, Arabic, Turkish, mandarin etc etc. Check under Samsung keyboard setting (input Language).

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You are completely wrong on Native Farsi keyboard. I had Galaxy S2 and now S4 both they have Farsi keyboard and I use it daily on all Apps. it even has Urdu, Arabic, Turkish, mandarin etc etc. Check under Samsung keyboard setting (input Language).
What Version do you have?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
You are completely wrong on Native Farsi keyboard. I had Galaxy S2 and now S4 both they have Farsi keyboard and I use it daily on all Apps. it even has Urdu, Arabic, Turkish, mandarin etc etc. Check under Samsung keyboard setting (input Language).
Exactly. Same here on my Samsung S4 and HTC one devices.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
My Apology for misinformation then. I am currently using HTC with 4.03 (ICS) and don't have that.

I wonder if this is HTC Flow specific thing.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Thanks BT jaan;
coming from an expert I feel a lot better and I am going to get my divorce from apple lol :D
Oh speaking of voice recog.
damn ever since I installed iOS7 on this iphone of mine the round single button sometimes wont work at all and I have to press it several times to get it to respond.
one night about 2 a.m. when I was struggling with my iphone the stupid thing went on voice recog. thingy as it often does.
get this:
I told it to SHUT UP! and it started to dial elham! now she is a distant family and I dont even know her or her husband...can you imagine 2 in the morning the stupid thing calls ppl and causes them to panic or whatever? damn...
so much for speech recognition hah you tell me if elham has anything even similar to the words shut up?
I am so glad I was able to get the touchpad back before it rang several times...
shoooh!
:D
it does that all the times tho ...damn

Last edited:

let me ask you this , on my iphone can I listen to something on youtube and surf the net at the same time ?