iPhone 4

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
It's average. Not too good, not too bad.

Functions are mostly in standard C++ and you're limited in the libraries you can use. Apple gives you a platform that's nothing compared to what you get from Microsoft in Visual Studio, and they charge you money if you want to publish your work. There's also a gigantic waiting line at Apple store if you want to sell your application.

Overall, it's shit when you know the vast potential it could have.

It's a toy.
Thanks BT. I was more thinking about application for myself and ... Thanks for the info.

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Well Apple does it again!!

This phone now hands down beats any other phones in the market, from both hardware and software perspective.

Features I'm looking forward to play around with:

iMovie, iBook, Video Chat and the screen!!

Goodbye me beloved 32GB 3GS - Hello 32GB 4G!

And BTW you get full HSDPA (full coverage here in London on Vodafone), who needs wimax!!

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
It's average. Not too good, not too bad.

Functions are mostly in standard C++ and you're limited in the libraries you can use. Apple gives you a platform that's nothing compared to what you get from Microsoft in Visual Studio and .NET Mobile, and they charge you money if you want to publish your work. There's also a gigantic waiting line at Apple store if you want to sell your application.

Overall, it's shit when you know the vast potential it could have.

It's a toy.
From what I understand, its gotten much much better. Also 95% of apps are approved within 7 days and put up on the app store...

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Nah. I stream everything now. All my vids, music, and pics are streamed from my desktop. I can even preload for times I dont have cell or wifi access. Storage is becoming useless...

Check out Airvideo and Homepipe apps.
seriously dude, how are you going to stream ur MP3s with you when you go europe? or what a move in the plane? jesus

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
are you suggesting iPhone 4 has the best H/W configuration? and when u say software, do u mean apps or iPhone OS?
Its on par with the EVO which is the best android phone out. Both have a few feathers in their cap the other doesnt, but as far as hardware, id take an inhouse A4 chip over the snapdragon anyday, and id take a better made 5mp camera over an average 8mp. Megapixels dont mean everything.

Plus the battery life is much better, its slimmer, and currently has better apps.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Its on par with the EVO which is the best android phone out. Both have a few feathers in their cap the other doesnt, but as far as hardware, id take an inhouse A4 chip over the snapdragon anyday, and id take a better made 5mp camera over an average 8mp. Megapixels dont mean everything.

Plus the battery life is much better, its slimmer, and currently has better apps.
so its on PAR with EVO, so apples "doesnt do it AGAIN" and based on what you say has better apps? what app (apart from skype) can u find on iPhone that u cant on android?

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
so its on PAR with EVO, so apples "doesnt do it AGAIN" and based on what you say has better apps? what app (apart from skype) can u find on iPhone that u cant on android?
many, Airvideo is HUGE! I dont believe Homepipe is on android either. The streaming apps for android are horrible...

Plus, since Android doesnt check if the apps even work, you are constantly getting refunds for useless and buggy apps.

Last edited:

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Come on dude! stick to your Andriod no one is forcing you to buy an apple product!!

And yes it does it again with the screen and Video Chat and iMovie and HD recording and proper scratch proof body and built in antenna and three axis gyroscope and noise cancellation

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Its funny how some of you bash Apple every chance you get, even though:

- Apple revolutionized the mobile phone market, all new phones have big touch screens and android borrows from iPhone OS more than anything.

- Apple comes out with an app store, now everyone wants apps, every company is trying to get an app store.

- Tablet PCs were dead. They were tried and failed. Apple comes out with iPad, sells a gazillion of them, and now every company is making a tablet...

There is a reason people buy these products, and there is a reason why everyone is trying to catch up to both the iPhone and the iPad. What they do, they do well...

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Its funny how some of you bash Apple every chance you get, even though:

- Apple revolutionized the mobile phone market, all new phones have big touch screens and android borrows from iPhone OS more than anything.

- Apple comes out with an app store, now everyone wants apps, every company is trying to get an app store.

- Tablet PCs were dead. They were tried and failed. Apple comes out with iPad, sells a gazillion of them, and now every company is making a tablet...

There is a reason people buy these products, and there is a reason why everyone is trying to catch up to both the iPhone and the iPad. What they do, they do well...
Can i just add iPod to your list as well

Creative was out with an MP3 player 4 years before iPod, appple comes out with a device that blew everyone away and everyone else from Sony and Toshiba to Microsoft jumped on that music bandwagon.

Apple comes out with iTunes and now from Nokia to Amazon everyone want to offer MP3's online

you guys could 'hate' apple as much as you want - but Apple is by far the greatest technology company

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Can i just add iPod to your list as well

Creative was out with an MP3 player 4 years before iPod, appple comes out with a device that blew everyone away and everyone else from Sony and Toshiba to Microsoft jumped on that music bandwagon.

Apple comes out with iTunes and now from Nokia to Amazon want to offer MP3's online

you guys could 'hate' apple as much as you want - but Apple is by far the greatest technology company
Apple is by far the GREATEST marketing Company, its interesting all the ones i know and most on this forum that WORK as a techy hate apple ! i wonder why?

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Apple is by far the GREATEST marketing Company, its interesting all the ones i know and most on this forum that WORK as a techy hate apple ! i wonder why?
Because you are caught up in the tech specs alone, not its implementation. I have a PC because it suits my needs over a mac. I have an iPhone because it suits my needs over an android phone.

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
When you don't have the answer for mine or Farbod's post you bring about 'Marketing'.

Whatever dude, live in your own word where Apple sucks with all other 'techy peoples', the rest of us live in real world where apple is changing communication as we know it