iPhone 4

Alixman984

Bench Warmer
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton/UK
Because you are caught up in the tech specs alone, not its implementation. I have a PC because it suits my needs over a mac. I have an iPhone because it suits my needs over an android phone.
Farbod Jan,

Talking about implementation, watch this video

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/multitasking.html

I've played around with loads of smart phones (no Andriod though), but I cannot for the life of me, remember a phone that made multi tasking so much easy (and fun).

When we talk about implementation, thats what we mean

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Apple is by far the GREATEST marketing Company, its interesting all the ones i know and most on this forum that WORK as a techy hate apple ! i wonder why?
I dont get your argument? Whats better on any of the droid phones?

Processor - There is NO phone out with a better processor. The A4 chip is just as fast as the snapdragon but its built IN HOUSE, which allows them to tailor it to their OS much more efficiently.

RAM - Just as much as android phones, but see above for implementation. Probably better utilized because of CPU.

Camera - Ask any photographer if megapixels are the whole story on a camera. I bet you side by side, iPhone 4's camera is better than any android phone.

Size and Battery Life - iPhone hands down. If I want a big screen, ill use my iPad.

Resolution - iPhone destroys any droid phone.

Sensors - iPhone only phone with 6 axis capability

Antenas - 4G is overrated, by the time its implemented enough and efficient enough, new phones will be out. iPhone is world phone, EVO is US only.

App Store/Books - Apple's is much better, reads PDFs, Kindle, and B&N along with ebooks

*The only thing I wanted on this iPhone that it doesnt have is MiFi, but that was killed by AT&T, not apple.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Some other iPhone 4 Features

Engineered Glass

All the breakthrough technology in iPhone 4 is situated between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass — the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains. Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever. It’s also recyclable.

Retina Display

The 960-by-640 backlit LCD display boasts a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch, making it the highest-resolution phone screen ever. To achieve this, Apple engineers developed pixels so small — a mere 78 micrometers across — that the human eye can’t distinguish individual pixels. That makes text remarkably sharp and graphics incredibly vivid. IPS technology also provides excellent color and contrast from almost any viewing angle.

Stainless Steel Band

Created from our own alloy, then forged to be five times stronger than standard steel, the CNC-machined band is the mounting point for all the components of iPhone 4. The band provides impressive structural rigidity and allows for its incredibly thin, refined design. It also functions as both iPhone 4 antennas.

Apple A4 Processor

Apple engineers designed the A4 chip to be a remarkably powerful yet remarkably power-efficient mobile processor. With it, iPhone 4 can easily perform complex jobs such as multitasking, editing video, and placing FaceTime calls. All while maximizing battery life.

Gyro + Accelerometer

iPhone 4 is the first phone with a built-in three-axis gyroscope. When paired with the accelerometer, it makes iPhone 4 capable of advanced motion sensing such as user acceleration, angular velocity, and rotation rate. Translation: More motion gestures and greater precision for an even better gaming experience.

Camera + LED

The iPhone 4 camera shoots gorgeous 5-megapixel photos and stunning HD video. And with its advanced backside illumination sensor, it captures beautiful images even in low-light settings. The built-in LED flash does double duty. When you’re taking pictures, it works as a flash. When you’re shooting video it can stay on to light up the scene. And on the front of iPhone 4, the built-in camera is perfect for making FaceTime calls and shooting self-portraits.

Mic + Speaker

While most phones have only one microphone, iPhone 4 has two. The main mic, located on the bottom next to the speakers, is for phone and FaceTime calls, voice commands, and memos. The second mic, built into the top near the headphone jack, is for making your phone and video calls better. It works with the main mic to suppress unwanted and distracting background sounds, such as music and loud conversations. This dual-mic noise suppression helps make every conversation a quiet one.

Multi-Touch

With its large Multi-Touch display and innovative software, iPhone lets you control everything using just your fingers. How does it work? A panel laminated on the glass senses your touch using electrical fields. It can register multiple touches at once to support advanced gestures such as pinch to zoom, two-finger tap, and more. The panel then transmits the information to the Retina display below it.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Doesn't apple usually just hire other companies to do their designing and even programing? They just basically come up with concepts and approve designs and slap their brand on it once it's made somewhere in asia. All this " built in house" and "apple designed" ... is making me cringe.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Doesn't apple usually just hire other companies to do their designing and even programing? They just basically come up with concepts and approve designs and slap their brand on it once it's made somewhere in asia. All this " built in house" and "apple designed" ... is making me cringe.
Yes, but its done with their engineers. Its built for them only. Snapdragon is built for anyone to buy.

BTW, Pooya, Vodaphone has a 30 day plan:

900 min, 1GB data, 3000 texts for $40. Not bad at all!

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
farbod you don't happen to be employed by apple do you? lol jks.

but seriously guys, this seems to be just consumerism at its best. I mean all the new technologies aside, whats the point of people getting rid of their 32gb 3gs just for a few new features?!

does it really make THAT much of a difference?!

These are expensive gadgets and when you have 5 phones lying around the house that just makes it stupidity.

unless you have a serious phone obsession and collect them as a hobby.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
farbod you don't happen to be employed by apple do you? lol jks.

but seriously guys, this seems to be just consumerism at its best. I mean all the new technologies aside, whats the point of people getting rid of their 32gb 3gs just for a few new features?!

does it really make THAT much of a difference?!

These are expensive gadgets and when you have 5 phones lying around the house that just makes it stupidity.

unless you have a serious phone obsession and collect them as a hobby.
Some people like new technology. Whats it to you? Its called a hobby.

Its $300, not that much money. Plus if needed I could sell my 3GS for at least that much.

The new features are actually pretty intriguing to say the least.

If I worked for apple, Id tout the Mac or OSX. I dont. I dont like either. Doesnt fit my needs.

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
Some people like new technology. Whats it to you? Its called a hobby.

Its $300, not that much money. Plus if needed I could sell my 3GS for at least that much.

The new features are actually pretty intriguing to say the least.
well you have to remember that the iphone is not that cheap in other places around the world. its much more expensive!

be nazare man hamash havasse.

and there is nothing intriguing about those new features, they have been on other phones for a long time.

5 megapixle camera, video call intruiging? LOL. give me a break.

as maziar said, apple has been holding back on technology which is unethical on their consumers. there just trying to milk the consumer of every dime they got.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
well you have to remember that the iphone is not that cheap in other places around the world. its much more expensive!

be nazare man hamash havasse.

and there is nothing intriguing about those new features, they have been in other phones for a long time.

5 megapixle camera, video call intruiging? LOL. give me a break.

as maziar said, apple has been holding back on technology which is unethical on their consumers. there just trying to milk the consumer of every dime they got.
LOL. Im not going to even begin to rid you of your ignorance.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
what ignorance?

i have perfectly legitimate points. just go look at samsung, nokia, lg, sony-ericsson and you will see a lot of their phones have had those technologies for years.
Can you show me a phone that has the resolution, processor, camera capabilities, app store, and comparable software that the iPhone does?

The only current Phone that can even come close is the HTC EVO, which has horrific battery life and is a US phone only.

Simply having a 12 mp camera doesnt mean shit if the sensor is garbage.

If you dont like apple products fine, then move on and stop polluting these threads...

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
Can you show me a phone that has the resolution, processor, camera capabilities, app store, and comparable software that the iPhone does?

The only current Phone that can even come close is the HTC EVO, which has horrific battery life and is a US phone only.

Simply having a 12 mp camera doesnt mean shit if the sensor is garbage.

If you dont like apple products fine, then move on and stop polluting these threads...
there's no doubt that its the premier phone in the industry but their hold back of technologies which have been around for a while is stupid.

apple products are good. but overrated and over hyped. i just don't think 5 mega pixel camera and video call are anything to get excited over!

and you know that apple gets other companies to design/make their phone. it doesn't make sense for a company which had no experience in the phone industry all of a sudden come up and make a phone.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
there's no doubt that its the premier phone in the industry but their hold back of technologies which have been around for a while is stupid.

apple products are good. but overrated and over hyped. i just don't think 5 mega pixel camera and video call are anything to get excited over!

and you know that apple gets other companies to design/make their phone. it doesn't make sense for a company which had no experience in the phone industry all of a sudden come up and make a phone.
A Camera's quality isnt just what MP it is. Read up on the iPhone's new camera. It is better than any 8mp camera phone on the market. Also how many phones have video calling? How many do it well?

Come on man. Before you talk about shit you dont know, do some research.

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
A Camera's quality isnt just what MP it is. Read up on the iPhone's new camera. It is better than any 8mp camera phone on the market. Also how many phones have video calling? How many do it well?

Come on man. Before you talk about shit you dont know, do some research.
don't get bigoted when someone talks their opinion. this 'you don't know shit' is an easy way out of an argument when you have nothing intellectual to prove!

i hope thats not how you argue in the court room mr. attorney!

i have an iPhone 3gs 32gb. I'll tell you there are many phone which have better camera quality than it , I can't imagine a phone which is just coming out with a 5mp camera be better than phones which have developed this technology for years.

I have seen other phone camera's quality and they are awesome. you can easily upload them to your pc and print them off and they look great.

also its really funny how you say 'go read' on the iphone's camera..dude you can only judge something when you've tested it out, which obviously haven't cos its not out!

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
don't get bigoted when someone talks their opinion. this 'you don't know shit' is an easy way out of an argument when you have nothing intellectual to prove!

i hope thats not how you argue in the court room mr. attorney!

i have an iPhone 3gs 32gb. I'll tell you there are many phone which have better camera quality than it , I can't imagine a phone which is just coming out with a 5mp camera be better than phones which have developed this technology for years.

I have seen other phone camera's quality and they are awesome. you can easily upload them to your pc and print them off and they look great.

also its really funny how you say 'go read' on the iphone's camera..dude you can only judge something when you've tested it out, which obviously haven't cos its not out!
Dont worry about how I do in the courtroom jackass.

There are more specs to a lens and sensor than just MP.

You have a pattern of talking out of your ass and its tiring.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
what about mahdi..i bet you had alot for him?
:aylar:kiss kiss
Its not hard to go to a forum and see who generally agrees with who, and what members usually converse with one another. Most people on this forum have favorite members that they tend to agree with more frequently than others, have similar opinions and points of views with, and share interests with. There are several members on ISP that I pay much more attention to. Dont try to disparage it just because no one gives a shit about your opinion. Its tragic and sad.