Iran 2014 karate world champion !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wow I didn't know we were good in Karate. I knew we always have a top five Tak Won Do and we have a top five Judo team but I never knew we were also good in Karate. Iranians are good in martial arts man even in my jiu jitsu class it just seems like when the instructor gives an instruction, I noticed anyone who is Iranian is smart and gets it the first time. The other students need to have the instructions repeated. It's like Martial Arts was made for us. One would think Japan would dominate this sport Karate was originally founded in Okinawa, Japan. Kara means empty and te means hand so karate means "empty hand" or basically it means you fight hand to hand combat.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Wow I didn't know we were good in Karate. I knew we always have a top five Tak Won Do and we have a top five Judo team but I never knew we were also good in Karate. Iranians are good in martial arts man even in my jiu jitsu class it just seems like when the instructor gives an instruction, I noticed anyone who is Iranian is smart and gets it the first time. The other students need to have the instructions repeated. It's like Martial Arts was made for us. One would think Japan would dominate this sport Karate was originally founded in Okinawa, Japan. Kara means empty and te means hand so karate means "empty hand" or basically it means you fight hand to hand combat.
we were strong in karate since early 1970s , finished third in the world in 1977 in JAPAN .

Maly

Ball Boy
May 31, 2004
we were strong in karate since early 1970s , finished third in the world in 1977 in JAPAN .
No Taekwondo, since 10 years we are top 2, we always fight against Korea for the top spot. As for Karate, it is indeed new (at least since 90) that Iran is a world class team as we had previously few good guys but here, all the team is very strong.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
No Taekwondo, since 10 years we are top 2, we always fight against Korea for the top spot. As for Karate, it is indeed new (at least since 90) that Iran is a world class team as we had previously few good guys but here, all the team is very strong.
I am not comparing the two , yes we are also very good in taekwondo but our karate has been strong since the 70s , so good that the European karate championships were held in Iran in 1974 and Iran also participated in it !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am not comparing the two , yes we are also very good in taekwondo but our karate has been strong since the 70s , so good that the European karate championships were held in Iran in 1974 and Iran also participated in it !
Thanks I didn't know that we had a deep history with Karate which by the way comes from Oakanawo and means empty hand in English. Lol honestly I wonder do we have a MT team tha tis my favorite martial art but I can't take that anymore because you don't want to go to work with a broken nose in your suit so BJJ works. I think Iranians would be good at BJJ and MT. Do we have a BJJ team I know we have a Judo team I don't think we do BJJ or JJJ(Japanese) and I don't think we do MT either but I know yes to Judo and Judo/BJJ are from the same family you learn Judo in BJJ.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thanks I didn't know that we had a deep history with Karate which by the way comes from Oakanawo and means empty hand in English. Lol honestly I wonder do we have a MT team tha tis my favorite martial art but I can't take that anymore because you don't want to go to work with a broken nose in your suit so BJJ works. I think Iranians would be good at BJJ and MT. Do we have a BJJ team I know we have a Judo team I don't think we do BJJ or JJJ(Japanese) and I don't think we do MT either but I know yes to Judo and Judo/BJJ are from the same family you learn Judo in BJJ.
Iranians carry the genes of wrestling in them , they are born with it , even if they never actually train in wrestling ! we are born with it , grow up with it , it is in our culture , so we are good at any kind of combat based on the strong foundation and tradition of wrestling as our mother sport , kids grow up wrestling each other like we did on home matresses or carpets !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iranians carry the genes of wrestling in them , they are born with it , even if they never actually train in wrestling ! we are born with it , grow up with it , it is in our culture , so we are good at any kind of combat based on the strong foundation and tradition of wrestling as our mother sport , kids grow up wrestling each other like we did on home matresses or carpets !
I guess that is why sports relating to martial arts/wrestling/weightlifting came naturally to me as well. Although, I was not born in Iran like you I am an Iranian and I still have the jeans and being Azeri we are kind of naturally on the bigger and stronger side. It's kind of cool that the times might change and Iranians are dispersed all over the world but the good genetics never die and will get passed on generation to generation. Anything involving power and martial arts(or as I like to call it Martial Science because it is more of a science to me than an art) we thrive at. I too never wrestled but we had those Persian carpets you speak of and I remember wrestling my friends all the time and it usually ended up badly for them. I wish they had Wrestling at my high school, I would have taken it but it's all good Jiu Jitsu and Judo