Iran in 2014 Asian Games , News , Reports , Results

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I don't really follow the games but looking at the medals table, how can you end up with nearly 3000 medals? They must count individual medals in team sports in this. Ridiculous.
It has to do with alot of the "sports" no one really cares for.
Shooting for example has 132 medals!
Archery has 24.

Even swimming which is a good sport has a ridiculous 114 medals.

Its a complete joke.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
As I've said before, rankings and medals in the competitions like Asian games or the Olympics are pure joke for the most part and artificially inflated to both attract more audience and to give advantage to certain countries.

IMO, most sports fields should have no more than two medals dedicated to them and group sports like football should have as many medals as they have players.

Swimming for example should have only two categories: one for speed and one for endurance. Who can swim the fastest (regardless of whatever style of swimming they choose) in a given distance (for example 100 meters) and who can swim the longest distance in a given time (for example 30 minutes). That's it. All these other subcategories of (50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, relay, etc) should be reserved for the annual world swimming championships (or whatever other purely swimming event they got).

Weightlifting should have only one medal dedicated to it. Who can lift the heaviest weight. That's it. All the other subcategories should be reserved for other weightlifting competitions that occur annually around the world.

Running should have only two medals. Who can run the fastest in a given distance and who can run the longest in a given time.

I would also get rid of the gender categories and allow men and women to compete together. At the end of the day what matters is what PERSON is the fastest or strongest or has more endurance.

If they did the above, every nation would be able to afford to host these games and the whole thing would last no more than 3-4 days and the number of total gold medals would not exceed 100.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Yes yes and they should double the number of golds given to Wrestlers, Taekwondo, Weightlifters and basically in all those few sports where iranians have a chance to win gold :)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dam it's a shame who knocked us out in basketball in that close game? Also, we played so well in Volleyball and we lost to India, of course I know India is an Asian tiger but we just played against the best teams in the world didn't we? Wasn't that the same team or was it a different Volleyball team. So are we going to finish 5th?

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
i did not watch the game, but from the reports suggest way too many errors on our players part!! nothing new, we saw it 3-4 weeks ago in the basketball wc and now here.
Same with the Kabadi team. Scoring and defending is one side of the competition the other side is managerial skills and the mentality to keep the pressure on especially when you're ahead. All our sports teams (including football) have the same problem where they can't maintain mental concentration in a crucial "knockout" game especially if they lead in early part of the game.

This is in fact one main thing I love about German sports, including their football. That is they play with the same tempo and mentality the first minute of a match as they do the last seconds and maintain the same sense of urgency in scoring whether they are ahead or losing.

Our sports like our culture is "efrAt o tafrit". We usually start fast and furious and then when we're ahead "shol midim" and then when we fall behind become emotional and try to makeup for it in the last minute (sometimes it works and usually it doesn't).

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Dam it's a shame who knocked us out in basketball in that close game? Also, we played so well in Volleyball and we lost to India, of course I know India is an Asian tiger but we just played against the best teams in the world didn't we? Wasn't that the same team or was it a different Volleyball team. So are we going to finish 5th?

Iran defeated India by 3-0 a few days ago.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
As I've said before, rankings and medals in the competitions like Asian games or the Olympics are pure joke for the most part and artificially inflated to both attract more audience and to give advantage to certain countries.

IMO, most sports fields should have no more than two medals dedicated to them and group sports like football should have as many medals as they have players.

Swimming for example should have only two categories: one for speed and one for endurance. Who can swim the fastest (regardless of whatever style of swimming they choose) in a given distance (for example 100 meters) and who can swim the longest distance in a given time (for example 30 minutes). That's it. All these other subcategories of (50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, relay, etc) should be reserved for the annual world swimming championships (or whatever other purely swimming event they got).

Weightlifting should have only one medal dedicated to it. Who can lift the heaviest weight. That's it. All the other subcategories should be reserved for other weightlifting competitions that occur annually around the world.

Running should have only two medals. Who can run the fastest in a given distance and who can run the longest in a given time.

I would also get rid of the gender categories and allow men and women to compete together. At the end of the day what matters is what PERSON is the fastest or strongest or has more endurance.

If they did the above, every nation would be able to afford to host these games and the whole thing would last no more than 3-4 days and the number of total gold medals would not exceed 100.
I kind of agree but not to that extreme.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Watching the reply of Iran-Japan in Volleyball , that wasn't our best game ,too many mistakes , Japan played very well in first 2 sets but after that we were better team . Maybe should take them serious very soon !

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002

I must admit to the fact that particular observation of Ms.Chalaki had a bit of a drooling tone to it.

Check out her father below. " sibil haye khoon chekan " be in migan. :)

If people mess up with the sibil chakhmaghi father, he will probably tell them "Don't make me let my daughter know"!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Watching the reply of Iran-Japan in Volleyball , that wasn't our best game ,too many mistakes , Japan played very well in first 2 sets but after that we were better team . Maybe should take them serious very soon !
I think they are just chronically tired, and emotionally drained. They need a couple of months of recovery.