IRAN in 2014 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Group D is the most difficult group with powerhouses like US, Italy and France plus teams like Iran and Belgium who are no pushovers themselves. Infact, Iran -atleast currently- could be considered a powerhouse itself making it a pretty tough group to play in.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Group D is the most difficult group with powerhouses like US, Italy and France plus teams like Iran and Belgium who are no pushovers themselves. Infact, Iran -atleast currently- could be considered a powerhouse itself making it a pretty tough group to play in.
^^Welcome back and you are right Belgium and Iran are no pushovers and I watched some of their games on youtube, they are not bad they will even bring a test I don't know if you can call Iran a powerhouse just yet. They did a nice job to qualify out of a top group but USA's B team wacked Iran pretty good. Also, Belgium has a pretty good volleyball league in Europe. I would say they are in the good but not elite category. At the very least we can agree that Iran and Belgum are god so you have powerhouse teams like USA, France and Italy but at the same time you have good teams like Iran and Belgium so there are no easy teams. Still no matter what happens to Iran, they still managed to beat Italy, Cuba, Brazil and Poland just to get here and they beat USA B in the first set I believe.

I will tell you this much our volleyball is light years ahead of our football!

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Poland won the opening match against Serbia 3-0 .. 25-19 25-18 25-18

Didn't expect them to over-come Serbia that easily !!

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Tomorrow Sunday 31th August
13:00 pm Central Europe Time
12:00 pm London Time
07:00 am New York time (Eastern time zone)
05:00 am Central Time Zone
04:00 am LA time (Pacific time Zone)

Attachments

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Tomorrow Sunday 31th August
13:00 pm Central Europe Time
12:00 pm London Time
07:00 am New York time (Eastern time zone)
05:00 am Central Time Zone
04:00 am LA time (Pacific time Zone)
Where can we live stream the game for free? I guess I need to wake up at 4AM tomorrow.I didn't expect Serbia to get punked like that either they are not a bad team plus they obviously have some tall players. Iran better shape up and learn from their US loss if they play like that against Italy, the Italians will destroy Iran. The good news is Iran defeated this team before so it can be done.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Where can we live stream the game for free? I guess I need to wake up at 4AM tomorrow.I didn't expect Serbia to get punked like that either they are not a bad team plus they obviously have some tall players. Iran better shape up and learn from their US loss if they play like that against Italy, the Italians will destroy Iran. The good news is Iran defeated this team before so it can be done.
You can watch it live here

http://www.telewebion.com/en/live/tv3/channel-3-live-broadcast
I'm registered so works perfectly for me, dont know if it works for you .. need to check it out

or

http://footballitarin.com
You would need to download veetle in case there's no youtube link on footballitarin website ..

or

http://sportlemon.tv
Then scroll down the list till you find the correct link for the match

I cant see Iran beating USA and Italy ... and gonna be tough against France and Belgium.. the best we can do is Third in this group. Great shame that we are in the toughest group !!

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Italy vs Iran today at 15:30 Iran time. :)

Live broadcast by IRIB-3. and live streaming of IRIB-3 broadcast by our good friends at http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=11787

کواچ: فقط به مرحله بعد فکر مي کنيم

سرمربي تيم ملي واليبال ايران گفت: در مسابقات قهرماني جهان کارمان بسيار سخت است، اما مي خواهيم بهترين واليبال را ارائه کنيم

نشست فنی مسابقات والیبال قهرمانی جهان که به میزبانی لهستان برگزار می شود، امشب برگزار شد و مربیان تیم ها در نشست های خبری حضور پیدا کردند. اسلوبودان کواچ، سرمربی تیم ملی والیبال ایران در نشست خبری حضور پیدا کرد و اظهار داشت: تیم هایی در مسابقات قهرمانی جهان حاضر هستند که در آخرین دوره رقابت های لیگ جهانی با آنها بازی کردیم و ما آنها را بسیار خوب می شناسیم

وی ادامه داد: کار آسانی در لهستان نداریم و شرایط سخت است. فقط به مرحله بعد فکر می کنیم و می خواهیم خیلی سخت کار کنیم و بهترین والیبال را ارائه کنیم

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Monster defending by Iran in this first set. both in the back and in font. several points were gained from single man blocks. :)