IRAN in 2014 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship

Aug 13, 2003
We probably arei in reality 6th in World as we talk ..

Brazil, Russia, USA, France, Poland are a head of us .

This tourney should rank Iran in the top 10 in the world. Some of our players need to built muscle and stamina. They came up short. But still a valiant effort. Bravo for the boys for putting Iran's volleyball on the map. We need to excel in the Olympics.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Both Poland & Brazil have 4 points.

I think Poland wins the group by head to head result tie breaker.

Brazil vs France in semi-final.

And Poland vs Germany in semi-final is always fun. those 2 don't really like each other at all. :)

Nov 24, 2002
We need to become more consistent . We are kind of unpredictable .I guess coaching staffs are a bit to blame for yesterday result. We didn't analyse GER as we should do and some boys kept saying we don't know them much. GER was a good team but not that good to smash us like they did yesterday .
Overall a good tournament by Iran except yesterday's game vs GER. In other two lose vs France and Poland at least we showed some level of fighting .

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Even 5th is a great achievement. Better results will come in future if the same attitude and program will continue.

Nov 24, 2002
Even 5th is a great achievement. Better results will come in future if the same attitude and program will continue.
The thing is we are not a nation with Volleyball tradition and this is golden generation of Volleyball with guys like Marouf, Mousavi, Ghaeimi, Ghafour .

I really doubt we can do better than 5th/6tth place and go as far as we did this time, again hope i am wrong ..

Nov 24, 2002
I feel like we may have done better if we were in Brazil's group. We would NOT have taken any of the opponents lightly and the result may have been slightly different.
Iran play better against Brazil , no doubt, if we were with Brazil and Poland in same group we may had a chance. anyway i doubt we took GER lightly , maybe is time to give GER credit . they smashed us and i guess even that was a bad day for our team but they are good team also .they finished a head of teams like Bulgaria, Cuba ,Canada .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Others probably said this by now by once again we are unpredictable and inconsistent. We are still not out of anything but that was a let down we should have beaten Germany but I had a bad feeling in my gut about this game. Our players got caught patting themselves on the back for making it this far but that is what happens when you are not consistent. Hopefully Iran can bounce back.

Aug 13, 2003
Others probably said this by now by once again we are unpredictable and inconsistent. We are still not out of anything but that was a let down we should have beaten Germany but I had a bad feeling in my gut about this game. Our players got caught patting themselves on the back for making it this far but that is what happens when you are not consistent. Hopefully Iran can bounce back.
Coaching changes also might something to do with this. This new coach is perhaps trying get more out of players way above their abilities. Also pressure of playing so many games might have taken its toll. Pressure of playing at his level against top teams around the world will catch up with you sooner or later. Iran came up short due to several factors. Our boys need to work on stamina and muscle building. Some of our players are bare bone! They wont last very long. At the same time we have to be realistic. What Iran has accomplished so far was more than their ability and perhaps that's were the max out and what they can accomplish. The have reached this far for the first time and now they have to set their goals even higher. But they must prepare themselves for the next level. The coach is a topnotch.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Coaching changes also might something to do with this. This new coach is perhaps trying get more out of players way above their abilities. Also pressure of playing so many games might have taken its toll. Pressure of playing at his level against top teams around the world will catch up with you sooner or later. Iran came up short due to several factors. Our boys need to work on stamina and muscle building. Some of our players are bare bone! They wont last very long. At the same time we have to be realistic. What Iran has accomplished so far was more than their ability and perhaps that's were the max out and what they can accomplish. The have reached this far for the first time and now they have to set their goals even higher. But they must prepare themselves for the next level. The coach is a topnotch.
Great points I've seen this happen all the time and it mostly happens in American college basketball. A coach just starts a program and they expect that program to be Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, UCLA or Kentucky right off the bat and they expect them to play at that ability. The reality is not one of those players at that ho hum school would be recruited at that campus.

As for our stamina and strength I also agree and we need to invest in a good strength and conditioning coach. I'm sure we have one but I'm talking a good foreign coach who had successful results with other teams. If you want to mash with the big boys, you need to add about 25 pounds of beef/muscle and we need to work on that stamina. I know athletes hate it but nothing works better than running or even swimming. Nothing crazy like MMA just simple workouts that increase your strength. As far as strength conditioning what helps me out personally is doing push ups, pull ups and the dreaded dead lift. It is dreaded because if you don't do it correctly, you can injure your back but our players need all around strength and that is why those workouts are used in American football and mixed martial arts.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

به لطف والــیــبالـیست ها مـون تو هر کوچه ای میریم همه دارن والیبال بازی میکنن و تا میخوای رد شی باید دو سه تا دریافت کنی و سرویس بزنی
حالا خوبه تیم ملی شمشـیــربـازی مون به جایی نرسیده

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
yup.. 4:30 am PST. I will be awake for sure. (hmm I gotta drink less tonight) LOL...
Alternatively , you could go to bed early tonight without any drinks , wake up real early in the morning and have a few glasses of fine wine to make you lightly " shangool " for the rest of the day and get you ready for the game. :drunk:

Having an early morning wine is an old tradition in Iran. it's called : " saboohi " ( صبوحی ). yours truly mashdi is a frequent keeper of this great tradition. :drunk:

: از سعدی ِشیرازی

بر من که صبوحی زده ام خرقه حَرامست
ای مجلسيان راه ِ خرابات کدامست ؟
با مُحتسب ِ شهر بگوييد که زنهار
در مجلس ِ ما سنگ مَينداز که جامَست

: از سعدی ِشیرازی

بر من که صبوحی زده ام خرقه حَرامست
ای مجلسيان راه ِ خرابات کدامست ؟
با مُحتسب ِ شهر بگوييد که زنهار
در مجلس ِ ما سنگ مَينداز که جامَست
منظور سعدی این بوده که نماز صبح رو باید اول وقت خوند و بجای تماشای جام والیبال به استقبال فصولی چند از نهج البلاغه رفت