Iran in 2014 Volleyball World League [R]

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
I do not think we have beaten the americans either in volleyball. this will be another challenge we have to over come tomorrow
U.S. Falls to Iran in Five
TOKYO, Japan (Nov. 23, 2013) – A day after winning a close five-set match against Italy, the U.S. Men’s National Team lost an emotional match to Iran, 28-26, 19-25, 19-25, 27-25, 18-16 at the FIVB World Grand Champions Cup on Saturday at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium.

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/features/2013/november/23/us-falls-to-iran-in-five

Aug 21, 2005
next door
If we can beat the americans and Brazil takes out Italy, we will have a great chance for a Gold medal. we do not want to face the host Italy in the finals!! zamino zaman will be against us vs the host italy

Iran vs USA,
Not fair for Iran no rest for tomorrow game. USA had a full day rest.
Not a good amen, but I guess can't help schedule.
Fair ? I guess it is. We took advantage of our day off in group stage and it helped us. We had a day off before Brazil game and Brazilians didn't.

Russia played Brazil the day after they beat Iran, They lost.
Brazil Played Iran , they after they played Russia and lost.

Hopefully our boys will change the trend.
And BTW, the hosts won't have a day off either.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
no we have to learn how to beat the Russians and the Americans. we get a chance in next round, we will play them 4 times in August in a Friendly game in US and we will now meet them in the next edition of world league.

our next task is to beat US and Russia which we have not done. we can figure these two teams out we will be able to reach new heights
I believe we had beat US in our last match.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Velasco said last year we reached our threshold. Obviously only sky is the limit. as Oghab said, I hope we copy this roadmap in football.

May 9, 2004
بعد از جنگ بود یه تورنمتی در کویت برقرار شده بود که عراق و عربستان و کویت و ایران وامارات چند تا از این تیمها اینجوری در ان شرکت داشتند
ما از عراق باخیتم و توی استادیوم بین ایرانی ها و عراقی ها دعوا شد
فکر کنم از امارات هم باخیتم
الان که می بینم سه بار پشت سرهم قدرتمند ترین تیم جهان را بردیم یادم به اون روزها می افته
و میگم یعنی میشه یه روزی بیاد تیمهایی مثل ارژانتین و بوسنه و ایتالیاو برزیل را هم تو فوتبال ببریم ؟
امیدوارم

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Today's semi-finals

Iran vs USA
Saturday , 19 July 2014
15:30 GMT , 17:30 Florence local time

Italy vs Brazil
Saturday , 19 July 2014
18:30 GMT , 20:30 local Florence time

Italy v Brazil, USA v Iran in World League Semifinals

Florence, Italy, July 18, 2014 – Saturday’s FIVB Volleyball World League 2014 semifinals have thrown up two exhilarating matches with USA taking on Iran followed by the second semifinal featuring the two most successful nations in World League history Brazil and Italy.

With Iran beating Brazil 3-1 (25-22, 25-19, 23-25, 28-26) in Pool I, world No.2 Russia were eliminated and were joined by Australia from Pool H, who finished without a win after being beaten by Italy 3-0 (25-14, 25-22, 25-21) in Friday’s second game.

Key points

• Saturday’s semifinals: USA v Iran (17:30), Italy v Brazil (20:30)

• Brazil are nine time champions, Italy eight.

• Iran and Australia are/were making their World League Finals debuts.

• Iran top Pool I and go through to the semifinals of the World League for the first time in their history.

• Iran have now got a winning record against Brazil in the World League overall. The two sides have met five times in the competition (all this year), with Iran winning three and Brazil winning two. Brazil have won the other four meetings between the two sides (two in the World Cup, two in the Grand Championships Cup).

• Iran broke a three match losing streak with this win. Amir Ghafour was the match top scorer with 23 points. Lucarelli was top Brazilian scorer with 17 points.

• Italy are yet to lose a set in the 2014 Finals.

• Italy are unbeaten in ten total encounters with Australia. The Volleyroos have only won three sets in all these matches

• Thomas Edgar, one of the tournament's standout players, was top scorer with 20 points

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
بعد از جنگ بود یه تورنمتی در کویت برقرار شده بود که عراق و عربستان و کویت و ایران وامارات چند تا از این تیمها اینجوری در ان شرکت داشتند
ما از عراق باخیتم و توی استادیوم بین ایرانی ها و عراقی ها دعوا شد
فکر کنم از امارات هم باخیتم
الان که می بینم سه بار پشت سرهم قدرتمند ترین تیم جهان را بردیم یادم به اون روزها می افته
و میگم یعنی میشه یه روزی بیاد تیمهایی مثل ارژانتین و بوسنه و ایتالیاو برزیل را هم تو فوتبال ببریم ؟
امیدوارم
Football o ba Volleyball moghaayese nakon General jan

:)

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Football o ba Volleyball moghaayese nakon General jan

:)
It is not fair to assume our volleyball is here because of Velasco or our current coach. Yes, without Velasco, we were still going to compete Korea and Japan, but it was IVF that had this great program for the last 20 years to produce enough talents to build a team. We have won world's U17, been top 4 in almost all other youth levels many times, and Iran is currently ranked top 3 in world's youth ranking. Football, unfortunately, only wants to go the shortcut, trying to fix the problem only by importing a coach, without boosting a youth program, without making the league stronger, and without providing the hardware.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Farhad Ghaemi , bacheh Gonbad

Iran vs USA

Game is scheduled to start in about 30 minutes.

Italy vs Brazil is scheduled to start later on tonight at 18:30 GMT.

Statistical preview – World League Finals – Day 4

- Iran will be seeking the scalp of a fifth former World League champion, after having beaten Italy, Brazil, Cuba and Poland at least once before.

- Iran have won four of six against World League opponents form the Americas.

- Iran are the first Asian team to finish in the top four of the World League.

- Iran are by far the least experienced team in the semifinal with just 24 matches under their belt, and the only team without any World League silverware.

- USA have won 15 of their last 16 World League meetings with opponents from Asia.

- USA could reach the final of the World League for the third time in history.

- USA won their last semifinal in 2012 by defeating Cuba 3-0.

- After starting with seven consecutive wins, USA have lost four of their last seven matches.

- Italy and Brazil will set their 29th World League meeting; both teams have equal 14 wins from the previous 28 encounters.

- Italy and Brazil have a tied win record of 2-2 in their four encounters this season, where each team won both away matches.

- Brazil have advantage over Italy, winning six of their last eight World League meetings.

- Italy have reached the final four for the 17th time and for the second year in a row.

- Italy have secured a top four finish in back-to-back seasons.

- Italy have reached the World League final 11 times.

- Brazil have the most top four finishes in the World League with 19, they also have the most appearances in the finals with 13.

- Brazil are seeking their first World League championship since 2010.

Last edited: