Iran in 2014 Volleyball World League [R]

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
We can't defend them. That 1 day extra rest in a tourney like this is the difference between day and night. They are taller, more explosive, and better rested. We are too exhausted to catch up with our speed.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Such a polite balanced commentator is this American dude.

BTW, the way Iranians were blowing the horn was more annoying than the game!

Nov 24, 2002
we were so tired and lost the game in first set . we looked like amateur team playing vs Giant which wasn't reality of our team , Mousavi injury was huge . hope he recover for tomorrow's 3th place game .

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
we were so tired and lost the game in first set . we looked like amateur team playing vs Giant which wasn't reality of our team , Mousavi injury was huge . hope he recover for tomorrow's 3th place game .
I actually hope the team let him rest. He is our most valuable player and it will be horrible if we extend his injury. This team can not not recover for the third place anyway.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
yes we will finish 4th, i really do not see us beating the italians at home in front of their home crowd. I would just let the young players get some needed experience from this game and get a chance to play ahead of our World Championship games and next year world league. they surpassed my expectations and we still have a lot of work to do to get to the level of the Brazil, Russia, Itay and US.

we need to work on our conditioning a lot

Nov 24, 2002
Brazil team is strong . They rested some players yestarday and because they were going to play today they didn't push too much against us yestarday cause they were already qualified

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Brazil team is strong . They rested some players yestarday and because they were going to play today they didn't push too much against us yestarday cause they were already qualified

I am pretty sure they lost to Iran to kick the Russians out, you just need to read their manager's prematch talk when he predicted Iran was going to win! Nonetheless, it is a great achievement for Iran to be here. I think in a good day when we are also rested and have our full team, we are at the same level that the US team is. The good news is, there are plenty of matches ongoing in volleyball. Our team is young, and will only get better.