Iran in 2014 Volleyball World League [R]

Nov 24, 2002
Italy won 3-0 Iran gave young boys like Ghara , Ebdipour ,Tashakori a chance in 3th set and replaced Mahvadi with Marouf .

Aug 21, 2005
next door
iran losses third 3 set as well

3-0 italy

congrats anyways for a top 4 finish. if we where just more physical we could have had a medal this year. but we just run out of energy and fail apart

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
6 losses out of the last 7 games, only one win against Brasil which was probably staged anyway. Our coach worries me. Iran is playing so predictable, doing the same thing over and over and over.

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
Our boys lost their hunger for wins after Brazil win. They looked un-motivated. Hopefully they can achieve more next year.

We are proud of them.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
6 losses out of the last 7 games, only one win against Brasil which was probably staged anyway. Our coach worries me. Iran is playing so predictable, doing the same thing over and over and over.
this was exactly the stage we needed Valasco as the headcoach, i am sure if he was our coach we would have atleast has a bronze medal today.

kovac is good coach but still a young coach and he is still learning the game too

MIHANDUST

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
What goes around comes around. Iran tried to eliminate Brazil by loosing to Poland. Iran got last in final stage and Brazil advanced to final .Nevertheless, great job by Iranian national team. "Khasteh nabashid"

- MIHANDUST

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
this was exactly the stage we needed Valasco as the headcoach, i am sure if he was our coach we would have atleast has a bronze medal today.

kovac is good coach but still a young coach and he is still learning the game too
With Vlasco we finished 9th last year

Don't get we wrong we owe a lot to Vlasco but Kovac has achieved better results in such a short time

Aug 21, 2005
next door
With Vlasco we finished 9th last year

Don't get we wrong we owe a lot to Vlasco but Kovac has achieved better results in such a short time
but this was Valasco's team, do you honestly think that Kovac was the x factor!! he took over this team that was hand picked and breeded by valasco for 3 years.

is it not this is kovac's first head coaching experience at national level?

Nov 24, 2002
This is Vlasco team . Kovac did some rookie coaching mistakes according to some international experts in volleyball that i was listening too .specially on his substitution and time out. Vlasco was very fast and quick on that . by the way this USA team looked strong really . no wonder they won it all

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
But Valasco after we finished last year said this is all you can expect from this team and the Iranian team reached its top level. How wrong was he. Kovac took us to next level and some more. Valasco did great job, but he did not believe our team can do better go hight, and I am glad he left.