Iran in world cup handball

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
Iran vs. Bosnia 7 AM ET tomorrow live on Bein Sports. I think!
Just heard them say something about Handball world cup in Qatar which started today. I think they said theyll show irans game vs. Bosnia or bits and pieces of it. Can anyone confirm?

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iran Lost a close match 31 -33 to Macedonia

Iran will play Croatia on 19th of January at 4:00 pm Uk time
They need a win or qualification would be very tough

Attachments

Nov 24, 2002
Aren't former Yugoslavia nations the most powerful in handball? I don't think Iran stood a chance against any of them to begin with.

To be honest I always found handball a childish sport! It reminds me of "Toopamo bedeh. bedeh miram be mamanam migama. Toopamo bedeh!"
That is tough group indeed and Tunesia is a good team as well , Handball is their second sport after football !They finished 4th in 2005 ..

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Aren't former Yugoslavia nations the most powerful in handball? I don't think Iran stood a chance against any of them to begin with.

To be honest I always found handball a childish sport! It reminds me of "Toopamo bedeh. bedeh miram be mamanam migama. Toopamo bedeh!"
BT jan handball is as tough as a boxing match. I played handball until i suffered a broken jaw and never played the game again. Handball is like a war you dont believe it. It doesnt look it but handball players today are almost as big as basketball players and many of them are around 100 kilos and they make use of everything they have to score or to defend. After a handball game you have blue and purple spots all over your body. A real tough sport.

Croatia, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden,Denmark...are usually the best teams in the world.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
What is that guy talking about? :)
I can name more than 10 sports such as Boxing, MMA, Wrestling, Rugby, Weight Lifting that are far more tougher and more Physical than Handball.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Anyway, what i tried to highlight is that people have no idea how hard handball is. People also cant imagine how big and strong handballer are. The best european teams have loads of people above 190 cm and 100, 110 kilo guys in their squad. Many teams have several player over 200 cm and they are tough as hell. This is a very violent and physical game.

[video=youtube;fFQU8QihnSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQU8QihnSs[/video]