Iran in world cup handball

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iran were doing well by half time trailing by 6 points but ended up losing the match 41-22, that's a bad heavy defeat!!
Croatia are a top team though finishing 4th in 2014 European championship..

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
The host Qatar have won all their 3 group matches against Brazil Slovenia and Chile.

They're miles ahead of all other asian teams right now

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
BT jan handball is as tough as a boxing match. I played handball until i suffered a broken jaw and never played the game again. Handball is like a war you dont believe it. It doesnt look it but handball players today are almost as big as basketball players and many of them are around 100 kilos and they make use of everything they have to score or to defend. After a handball game you have blue and purple spots all over your body. A real tough sport.

Croatia, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden,Denmark...are usually the best teams in the world.
No offense but I take Mauy Thai, which is similar to boxing in terms of your footwork, except we use knees and elbows in boxing you throw punches. I would rather play hand ball than take 500 punches in a full 12 round fight. Dude, I"m not saying handball is a pu$$y sport or anything like that so don't think I am dissing your sport but you can't compare handball to a fighting sport like boxing. I guess we are not that good in handball. Oh and btw I never took boxing only MT but I have a speed bag and a punching bag at my house and some boxing gloves. There is a lot in boxing you can incorporate MT like the footwork.
@Hooshmand good call and one thing football, rugby and weight lifting are all tough but boxing, mauy thai or bjj(what I do the last two) and mix it up with MMA should be in a separate category over other sports because you take a physical beating. This is something I can speak on you need a really high tolerance for pain. I got more than one broke bone and injury why this last one I couldn't do anything for six months because of a back injury I got doing jiu jitsu. Somehow I don't think handball is as tough as getting slammed in the mat constantly or taking knees and elbows to the body.

I didn't know Macedonia was that good in Handball btw.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
[h=1]Handball 2015 – Group B Croatia 41 - 22 Iran[/h]
[video]http://www.handball2015.en.beinsports.net/videos/article/16bnguinystt61ojgzdiy80p3r/title/handball-2015---group-b-croatia-41---22-iran[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the links and the info guys well I think we should focus on sports we have a shot at wining or going out of the group stages so hand ball is out looks like lol. We should focus on our football, basketball, weight lifting, martial arts, wrestlings things we had some success at on the world stage. Hey at least we made it to several world cups that is not bad many football fans will never see their team in the WC. Well good showing by Iran for just making it out of Asia I guess we are good in Asia and probably one or two teams qualify I'm guessing.

lizamarken

Football Fan
Jan 21, 2015
Not really you claimed handball was as tough as boxing which is a Weird and laughable comment!!
I think every sports has its uniqueness and toughness. We just have to choose one that interest us to play and watch other sports on sports news to know more about other sports.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Qatar in final vs france. I don't see a single Qatari in this team. This is so disgusting. All these players are bought for their national team.. come on France finish these morons.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
good, qatar only had 3 qatari players the rest were european players
lol standard operating procedure my favorite was long jumper Wang XI from Qatar those A-rabs have no morals. I'm not tripping on it handball is really mainly only popular in some European countries anyways we should focus on sports like football (we have a shot there at least qualifying and doing something) and olympic sports. I know from my experience most of us Iranians are naturally strong dudes and we are tailor made for martial arts we have the indo European athleticism and strength and I know most of the Iranian weightlifters are my peopel lol Torks so we should put our energy into that oh and basketball we are decent at that as well.

I would one day like to see an Iranian national baseball team that would be pretty cool I don't know why more Iranians play it or Iranian Americans. I think I'm the only Iranian American who played baseball it's fun. Boring as hell to watch but fun. I see some Iranian Americans are getting into American football and that puts a smile on my face because that was my main sport martial arts came later on.

lol Qatar enough said.

Oh and I want to take this time to welcome Sabrina 850. Where is the 850 coming from Sabrina? Welcome to ISP.