Iran lost 2019 bid to host AC2019 to UAE!

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، در چهاردهمین نشست کمیته اجرایی کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا (AFC) که امروز (دوشنبه) به ریاست شیخ سلمان بن ابراهیم آل خلیفه، رئیس AFC در منامه بحرین برگزار شد، میزبانی جام ملت***های ۲۰۱۹ آسیا به کشور امارات رسید. رقابت نهایی برای کسب میزبانی این تورنمنت فوتبالی بین دو کشور ایران و امارات بود که در نهایت به تشخیص کارشناسان AFC، کشور امارات شرایط بهتری برای میزبانی این مسابقات داشت.

در ابتدا ۱۱ کشور آمادگی خود را برای برگزاری این مسابقات اعلام کرده بودند ولی نام ۳ کشور لبنان، مالزی و میانمار در همان ابتدا از این فهرست خارج شد. در ادامه هم کشورهای چین، عربستان، عمان، بحرین، کویت و تایلند از جمع کشورهای خواهان امتیاز میزبانی جام ملت***های ۲۰۱۹ آسیا انصراف دادند تا رقابت نهایی برای کسب امتیاز برگزاری این رقابت***ها بین دو کشور ایران و امارات باشد.

تعداد تیم***های شرکت***کننده در جام ملت***های ۲۰۱۹ آسیا از ۱۶ تیم به ۲۴ تیم افزایش خواهد یافت.

I guess most of us expected this outcome, now it's official... This would be 2nd time in 23 years for UAE to host Asian Cup. I guess hosting these games for Iran could have encouraged them to build nicer facilities and stadiums, oh well!

Now with 24 teams, I wonder how low the quality of these games will be... not like with 16 teams, we were enjoying all the games... now add more 3rd rated teams to the list!!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yeah I'm sure the world's largest continent would've enjoyed seeing empty stadiums for most games and tens of thousands of men supporting Iran while the players' wives and girlfriends get forced to wear a fucking scarf and packed into a 'special section' in the stadium away from the prying eyes of the Islamic Ommat!

Not that UAE will be much different, but at least the stadiums will be okay.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
Yeah I'm sure the world's largest continent would've enjoyed seeing empty stadiums for most games and tens of thousands of men supporting Iran while the players' wives and girlfriends get forced to wear a fucking scarf and packed into a 'special section' in the stadium away from the prying eyes of the Islamic Ommat!

Not that UAE will be much different, but at least the stadiums will be okay.

And there will be at least 20 to 30 thousand Iranians going to Iran's matches anyhow. No cold weather or snow in Emirates either. It would have been shocking if AFC had selected Iran as the host.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Iran enlisting as a candidate is more of a shock. Do these mofos really think with only one or 2 outdated stadiums with dreadful bathrooms, fucked up hotels, poor public transportation system, no credit card service, poor ticketing, and not allowing half of the population in, Iran would still get the hosting?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iran enlisting as a candidate is more of a shock. Do these mofos really think with only one or 2 outdated stadiums with dreadful bathrooms, fucked up hotels, poor public transportation system, no credit card service, poor ticketing, and not allowing half of the population in, Iran would still get the hosting?
The Por-rooyee of some people is just amazing! I'm seeing some people genuinely angry that UAE was selected over Iran! They're calling it an AFC conspiracy LOL! Like WTF?!!

AFC would love nothing more than dumping this competition on any willing nation. Just like FIFA loves dumping their stupid World-Cup on poor nations.

Fact is, Iran doesn't even fair well against poorer nations with similar or less infrastructure!

Nov 29, 2002
It would be an embarrassment if Iran ran this or any other tournament where 50% of people can't watch.

I support iranian teams but whilst these guys are in power for however many decades longer I hope to God we don't host any competition

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
that is better, atleast Iranian women fans can go to stadium now like how they did in Australia. Big bilakh to IFF.