Iran out of the WC in taekwondo!

Nov 24, 2002
This is apparently the WC which just like wrestling doesn't hold much value. In wrestling, Iran keeps winning the championship but it has done absolutely nothing and means very little.
World Championship does, is second most important tournament after Olympics in Wrestling, World Cup doesn't as you said.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
World Championship does, is second most important tournament after Olympics in Wrestling, World Cup doesn't as you said.
I was about to post that and this is a shock because Iran has a good TKD team, usually they are on par with Korea. In fact, Iran gave Korea's only L @ Korea in the Asian Championship, several years back. I don't know if it is the coaches or we need to just go with a youth movement, get a bunch of young TKD athletes and train them. I do not know that answer because I am not apart of the coaching staff for Iran. BTW if EVER there is a time when USA and Iran have normalized relations, I would love to be attached with Iranian youth and martial arts.

Maybe I could be a Jiu Jitsu coach. I am sure they would not mind a western trained person teaching Iranian kids. Of course in order for something like that to happen, there would need to be a regime change. I wish the TKD team the best of luck in the future. You all know how much I love Martial Arts by now, you can tell by my long posts every time someone brings it up. BTW I think Iran also has one of the best Judo teams, top 5. I think Iran's Karate team dates way back I think they were competing in the 70s. There is martial arts talent in Iran, we just need to upgrade our facilitates and get western trained coaches or get coaches from the East(ie Japan, China, Korea). That is also good.