Iran Persian Gulf Pro League 2017-2018 Fixtures , News, Transfers, Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Hossein Hosseini will be the guest on Navad tonight. His lobby is pushing hard.

As I have said before in terms of overall ability, most Iranian keepers are at the same level. Its their form which is inconsistent. 2 years ago Beiranvand was almost world class. He then broke his arm and never regained form. He was also playing for a team like Naft which meant he got tons of shot practice, something which is very rare in Persepolis because he is protected by Jalal Hosseini!

Still, Beiranvand's long throws are truly exceptional and against teams that take us lightly it could easily surprise.
Lets not forget we're coming off nearly 20 years of goalies who couldn't even kick the ball right due to nerves!

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Hossein Hosseini will be the guest on Navad tonight. His lobby is pushing hard.

As I have said before in terms of overall ability, most Iranian keepers are at the same level. Its their form which is inconsistent. 2 years ago Beiranvand was almost world class. He then broke his arm and never regained form. He was also playing for a team like Naft which meant he got tons of shot practice, something which is very rare in Persepolis because he is protected by Jalal Hosseini!

Still, Beiranvand's long throws are truly exceptional and against teams that take us lightly it could easily surprise.
Lets not forget we're coming off nearly 20 years of goalies who couldn't even kick the ball right due to nerves!
Apparently Eftekhari and Sheffer objected to him appearing in 90 and he won't go.

Feb 4, 2005
Ah! Hossaini's impressive clean sheet record came to an end but at minute 56 he broke Mavedat's record and now holds it with 880 minutes.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
One thing I noticed in yesterday's game was how shaky Pejman Montazeri was ,he used to be a solid and reliable player when he was fit but after his injury he doesn't seem to be as good as he used to be .

I think the coach made a mistake playing him in the last 10 minutes of a game we were leading 1-0 in defence , he should have kept Roozbeh Cheshmi in defence and play Pejman as defensive midfield ,goal we conceded was the result of a unnecessary corner he gave away .

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One thing I noticed in yesterday's game was how shaky Pejman Montazeri was ,he used to be a solid and reliable player when he was fit but after his injury he doesn't seem to be as good as he used to be .

I think the coach made a mistake playing him in the last 10 minutes of a game we were leading 1-0 in defence , he should have kept Roozbeh Cheshmi in defence and play Pejman as defensive midfield ,goal we conceded was the result of a unnecessary corner he gave away .
Saipa hit the post twice and had few more chances to score. Esteghlal was lucky not to lose the game and it had nothing to do with Pejman

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Saipa hit the post twice and had few more chances to score. Esteghlal was lucky not to lose the game and it had nothing to do with Pejman
That's true , but also Pejman looked all shaky since he came in , I am one of his fans ,even before he got known and started to play as a solid starter in team melli I liked his game ,good technique and smart defender and tenacious but since his Injury he has not found his form and to bring him in the last 10 minutes put a lot of pressure on him as a full back ,he didn't look comfortable at all , hope he finds his form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.