Iran Persian Gulf Pro League 2018-2019 Fixtures , News, Transfers, Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2002
Beiro as the best keeper? Lol
The guy had one of his worst seasons in career. Unless WC performance counted.
I think Mazaheri should have got the title.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Beiro as the best keeper? Lol
The guy had one of his worst seasons in career. Unless WC performance counted.
I think Mazaheri should have got the title.
dude what are you taking about.. He was the best keeper in IPL last year. just look at the # of the goals he conceded regardless of what he did in WC.

Nov 24, 2002
dude what are you taking about.. He was the best keeper in IPL last year. just look at the # of the goals he conceded regardless of what he did in WC.
Did you forget his performance in last few months of the season and controversy created if he should start in WC or not?
I guess you did...

Nov 24, 2002
Nasaji's Vatani stadium. Lots of memories for me when i look at the stadium.even though all outside bulding are new. My grandpa(RIP) used to live in Shahi( Ghaemshahr), 5 minunte walk from the stadium. During my teenage years i used to go to Shahi, using grandpa visit as excuse and attend the games, specially when big teams were in town. Few of my grandpa freinds were living or some still live just beside the stadium and when it was packed, we used to watch games from their balcony or poshte boom.
Yadesh Bekheir.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Watching few highlights, honestly the quality of the league got much much better compare to 4-5 years a go, proof is when our boys jump from IPL to some second rated European league such as Greece, Belgium, Russia, not only they play good but also they dominate the league(Kaveh, Sardar, Karim, Ehsan, Milad, etc). There is obviously long way for this league to be among top 3 in Asia with all infrastructures, facilities, etc issues but the league is much better than typical Bezan-Ziresh which we all used to it. I think even a guy like Branko, which i really dislike, helped this football. That's why i am all for even second rated foreign coaches rather than local Tokhmi ones.
I think a guy like Toshack will also help this football a lot, if he manages to deal with idiots in charge.

Last edited:

24abadi

Football Fan
May 5, 2016
I think even a guy like Branko, which i really dislike, helped this football. That's why i am all for even second rated foreign coaches rather than local Tokhmi ones.
I think a guy like Toshack will also help this football a lot, if he manages to deal with idiots in charge.
To be fair, if it wasn't for Branko, our rivals wouldn't have hired Schäfer instead of Mansourian. If it wasn't for Schäfer and Branko dominating the league, Tractor wouldn't have insisted on a foreign coach. Clubs are ready to spend on foreign coaches instead of local coaches despite the current economical situation.

On the other side, the amount of foreign players has dropped big time.

24abadi

Football Fan
May 5, 2016
Good 3 points for Perspolis, but I hope we improve in the next weeks.

I can't really expect our team to play tiki taka since we lack creativity and depth. We need to collect as many points until mid-season until the new players join the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.