Iran plane crash: Missile strike and engine failure being explored

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Trudeau said that plane was shut down based on intelligence from Canada and allies.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This has truly angered me. The plane was probably shot down because some koskesh opium-addict behind a trigger button got too excited.

This felt like a different crash compared to all others I've read/heard about. Usually you just read a bunch of names and feel sorry, but this one was different. I constantly see facebook and instagram profiles of these unfortunate souls, their pictures taken around where I live and the completely familiar lifestyles they were living very close to my own. It's like losing neighbors.

A friend I play soccer with has apparently lost his sister and both her children on that plane. I don't even know how he must be feeling right now. I don't think he knows how to feel either. Truly sad and the shock factor is beyond imaginable.

This was no accident. These people were simply murdered.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
A senior Ukrainian security official has said his country’s investigators will explore a range of possible reasons why one of its passenger jets crashed in Iran, including a drone collision, a terrorist bomb and a missile attack, but did not rule out a technical fault was to blame.

Oleksiy Danilov, the secretary of Ukraine’s national security council, cited unconfirmed reports circulating on social media that debris from a Russian-made missile had been found at the site, on the outskirts of Tehran, where the Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 737-800 crashed on Wednesday, killing all 176 passengers and staff onboard.

“Our commission is currently agreeing with the Iranian authorities to travel to the place of the crash, and plans to search for debris of a Russian surface-to-air Tor missile, according to information which was published on the internet,” he said in a Facebook post on Thursday.

Some members of the investigative team had been involved in the probe into the 2014 shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine by Russian-armed rebels, Danilov added. “We will use all our best practices from investigating the attack on MH17 to find out the truth in the case of the Ukrainian plane in Tehran,” he said.

Iran plane crash: burning Boeing was trying to turn back, say Tehran investigators
Read more
The UK prime minister, Boris Johnson, later called for a full investigation into the crash and the reports it could have been caused by something such as a stray missile, following a telephone conversation with the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Downing Street said on Thursday.

In the phone call, Johnson offered his condolences, offered UK support and was updated on the crash, a No 10 spokesman said. “The prime minister said that there needed to be a full, credible and transparent investigation into what happened.”

Asked whether this meant the UK was concerned about the possible cause of the crash, he said: “I’m not going to speculate on this, but the reports we have seen are very concerning, and we’re urgently looking into them.”

Images have been widely circulated online by an Iranian activist showing the remains of what could be a Russian-made Tor-M1 missile that he claimed was found near the plane’s crash site – but there was no way to independently verify that the debris in the picture shows a missile or if it was taken in the debris field on Wednesday.

The Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, said earlier on Thursday that his government was considering “several possibilities” but asked people to refrain from speculating about the crash. Iranian authorities have blamed mechanical issues, which they said happened shortly after the plane left Tehran’s main airport at 6.13am on Wednesday.

The timing of the disaster, a few hours after Iran fired ballistic missiles at US forces stationed in Iraq in retaliation for its assassination of general Qassem Suleimani, has fuelled speculation that it might have somehow been linked to the hostilities, but so far there has been no evidence to back this up.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
This has truly angered me. The plane was probably shot down because some koskesh opium-addict behind a trigger button got too excited.

This felt like a different crash compared to all others I've read/heard about. Usually you just read a bunch of names and feel sorry, but this one was different. I constantly see facebook and instagram profiles of these unfortunate souls, their pictures taken around where I live and the completely familiar lifestyles they were living very close to my own. It's like losing neighbors.

A friend I play soccer with has apparently lost his sister and both her children on that plane. I don't even know how he must be feeling right now. I don't think he knows how to feel either. Truly sad and the shock factor is beyond imaginable.

This was no accident. These people were simply murdered.
Truly devastating ... as more news and stories comes out, it makes it so painful to watch. It is very sad era for Iran and Iranians.

Oct 18, 2010
why were so many iranian-canadians on this flight?
is there a price or distance/time advantage of flying from kiev
to canada rather than london or frankfurt, etc...?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
What is interesting is that Agha didn't even mention the crash in his speech. Not even a god damn condolence.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
The part that doesn't make sense to me is, why Iran has invited Canadian Investigators? *IF* this is missile attack, its SUPER EASY to spot even by looking at the wreckage, (let alone BlackBox). This is the part that is making me question if it was missile?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The part that doesn't make sense to me is, why Iran has invited Canadian Investigators? *IF* this is missile attack, its SUPER EASY to spot even by looking at the wreckage, (let alone BlackBox). This is the part that is making me question if it was missile?
That was before Trudeau declared it -- In the morning, they said that -- There won't be anything in the blackbox, it just exploded in 1 second.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
واژگونی اتوبوس در استان مازندران ۱۹ کشته بر جای گذاشت
Everyday...............

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
That was before Trudeau declared it -- In the morning, they said that -- There won't be anything in the blackbox, it just exploded in 1 second.
That is not true. The video footage shows the plane trying to turn back. and it sure took more than 1 second, the BlackBox records until the very last millisecond, so there will be evidence, they also record sound from Cockpit, so if Missile hit, they would hear the impact.
Furthermore, you can EASILY spot the Missile attack from wreckage.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
why were so many iranian-canadians on this flight?
is there a price or distance/time advantage of flying from kiev
to canada rather than london or frankfurt, etc...?
Which fucking planet have you been living on? No wonder you are an IR supporter you scumbag piece of shit.

It was Christmas holidays, so many Iranians went to Iran and were on their way back to their jobs or studies.

And yes, because so many airlines don't travel to Tehran directly, people have to fly indirect via these countries that still fly there.

Get it? Now go cry for the terrorist you cunt.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Possible, but again, plane full of fuel, did "NOT" explode and was in tact so pilot could turn and try to land? ajibe ...
The warhead of the missile did not explode upon impact. Two possible reasons:

1. It's of the type that penetrates and then starts burning via a timer trigger
2. It did not work as designed

I think in this particular instance, the damn missile didn't even work properly as you can clearly see its fuel-cell bounce off the plane (if you pause the video you can capture a clear image of the plane at impact time). It definitely caused a fire though.

If you put the 2 available videos of the incident, it makes total sense. One shows the missile hitting the plane and one shows the plane fully engulfed in flames. This means the warhead of the missile did not explode upon impact.