Iran plane crash: Missile strike and engine failure being explored

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
How credible is this? Of course we know they hit plane, but I still am not convinced they "MEANT" to do it ! I believe this was a fuck off, the reason is, I just dont understand what would they gain by taking down the plane? :unsure:
Blaming it on the US missiles. They miscalculated because footage appeared showing the plane was hit from the ground.

The problem for them is that mistaking an airliner that has just taken off from your own airport for anything else is virtually impossible. There are radars that carry flight IDs that ensure they are not mistaken for military targets.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Blaming it on the US missiles. They miscalculated because footage appeared showing the plane was hit from the ground.

The problem for them is that mistaking an airliner that has just taken off from your own airport for anything else is virtually impossible. There are radars that carry flight IDs that ensure they are not mistaken for military targets.
Possible, but remember also US made a mistake with all their advance technology. I honestly think this was a stupid mistake and lack of training. What you are saying is 100% true , but remember all the technology and radar is as smart as the person using them :)

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Possible, but remember also US made a mistake with all their advance technology. I honestly think this was a stupid mistake and lack of training. What you are saying is 100% true , but remember all the technology and radar is as smart as the person using them :)
Put it this way, I think bout this a lot and the more I think about it, the more I reject human error. I know they are highly incompetent over there in all areas, but this is such a fundamental "error". Even if the person fails, the radar shouldn't, unless it was manipulated on purpose.

I really want to believe it was a mistake but because I know what kind of cold-blooded criminals I am dealing with I just can't.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't think it's possible to mistake a climbing object with a descending one no matter how incompetent you are. A typical old-style radar (the usual green scanner) shows the altitude of the object and the rate at which it's changing. The plane was gaining altitude, which eliminates the possibility of a hostile missile or fighter-jet or a heavy bomber. There's also the issue of the 2nd missile hitting the plane which cannot be explained in any shape or form.

Like Behrooz, I too have a feeling they were hoping to blame it on a US missile but fucked up.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Perhaps, I guess we will never know. I really dont think they would think they can blame this on US. If you recall, when the plane crashed, the FIRST thing they said was "Mechanical failure" this they said 1-2 hours after crash, so if they wanted to blame the US should they not have said it then?

Always remember, we just finished building a BRAND NEW stadium in NOSHAHR and *FORGOT* to put a place for TV Camera! so really while what you guys saying is true, the idiot looking at radar that hardly has any training or education can easily make a mistake.

Personally I think they knew the min they hit the plane they FUCKED UP BIG TIME, first they tried to blame it on mechanical failure but since US and Canada picked up the missile heat signature, they finally admitted.

Oct 18, 2010
is it normal for anyone to zoom their phone out in the dark in open sky and capture the exact moment
of this alleged hit at 6:20am? that's not my normal routine.

i'd like to question the person who captured this clip and gave it to nyt if it is indeed real and not fake.
that person is clearly a suspect.

if the plane was hit by a missile then it was an intentional terrorist attack with at least 2 terrorists involved.
one that hit the plane and one that was filming at the exact moment.
that's completely plausible(what zarif is being quoted as saying) as i indicated at the time more than a year ago.
(see post #63 of this thread)
if the attitude in this forum is any indicator,then i see quite a few people in iran willing to do something like this
if given the opportunity :eek:

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Just how do you unintentionally shoot a missile at a climbing passenger jet, wait a few seconds and then unintentionally shoot another one at the same jet?!!
you can not apply logic to a regime that is built on no logic!
Again, I ask you, how did this event helped IR in anyway?
When you have a BACHE BASIJI with ZERO knowledge of how the system operates in charge, random shit happens.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
you can not apply logic to a regime that is built on no logic!
Again, I ask you, how did this event helped IR in anyway?
When you have a BACHE BASIJI with ZERO knowledge of how the system operates in charge, random shit happens.
IR have made many intentional decisions that have not helped them in any way.

They miscalculated the consequences. That's it.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
IR have made many intentional decisions that have not helped them in any way.

They miscalculated the consequences. That's it.
They miscalculated the consequences of shooting a passenger plane down???
How do you even come up with these sorts of conclusion? If anyone would have any experience with knowing the consequences of shooting a passenger plane down, it would be the IR. The entire world reacts to things of such caliber, and you think the akhoonds in Iran, the ones that have outsmarted the world for 40 years, weren't aware of the consequences? This was a huge mistake and they were scared shitless of what would happen, that is why they were so desparate to hide it for several days, because they just didn't know what excuses to offer the world for their apparent imcompetence.
To even suggest that IR did this intentionally cannot be further from truth. What would they possibly gain by doing that? Have you asked yourself that question?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOL @ at this conspiracy theory.

so much risk for non existent reward!

When you have incompetence, do we really have to really resort to such far stretched ideas.

now let's talk about the how the pentagon bombing was an inside job :ROFLMAO:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
They miscalculated the consequences of shooting a passenger plane down???
How do you even come up with these sorts of conclusion? If anyone would have any experience with knowing the consequences of shooting a passenger plane down, it would be the IR. The entire world reacts to things of such caliber, and you think the akhoonds in Iran, the ones that have outsmarted the world for 40 years, weren't aware of the consequences? This was a huge mistake and they were scared shitless of what would happen, that is why they were so desparate to hide it for several days, because they just didn't know what excuses to offer the world for their apparent imcompetence.
To even suggest that IR did this intentionally cannot be further from truth. What would they possibly gain by doing that? Have you asked yourself that question?
There is a misconception that is IRI is scared of the world. They are not. They were not desperate, they just didn't want people to know and then the videos came out. They hit the US military base and this way they changed the attention to the plane. And really worked, didn't it ?
After 5 years of nonsense, they are going back to nuclear agreement as well. There is no justice in this world. It is unfortunately all nonsense.