Iran - South Korea predictions (doomsday)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Iranians are usually very "name" freaks. Even if we lose to SK, "I predict" CQ wont get sacked just because his name is CQ and he has the merits. Ali Daei would have already been sacked a long time ago.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Even in our down form, we always play well against the S. Koreans. I believe we will win - Iran 2 - S. Korea 0. (Reza Gh. & Ansarifard will be goal-scorers) - Ansarifard hasn't scored recently but his movement with the ball and off it has been excellent the last couple games.

To keep on with Sly's "name" theme, we always rise our game against people who we think are equal to us (Japan, Koreans, Australians etc.) and aren't as focused as we can be against "minnows" (Qatar, Lebanon etc.)

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
[SUP]I can't predict a score because this game gives me chills... I am frightened that we may lose this game with a big margin 2, 3 or even 4-0! I hope will win... Go Iran[/SUP]

Feb 22, 2005
I have a good feeling about Iran with the foreign strikers up front.

3-1 iran.

I predict the loss to Lebanon was the turning point for the Iranian team and they will be unbeatable for the rest of the qualifications.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I will be very surprised if Iran wins this game ... South Korea definitely a better team ...

In order for Iran to win this game, we have to be in our best day and they have to be in their 70% of their best day and we have to be lucky ...

My prediction:
Iran 0 - South Korea 2

However, I wish Iran's team the best ...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
If we have players we missed last time (Hosseini, Dejaga, andranik, Heydari), a fully crowded Azadi, and a little moral boost we have a fair shot. This is a game we need fighters like khalatbari, Teymourian, ghazi, P. Nouri, Hosseini and Dejaga and much less soft tissues like M. Nouri, Ansarifar, or Shojaee. One soft player, wither Nekou or Karimi is more than enough. S.K is calling their players from Europe for this game which is actually better because they are going to be less cohessive than their home based players due to less training together. Also thier team will have issues adjusting with Tehran's height as usual. Yes, we are wounded and SK is good but I don't care about Lebonan loss, S.K lost to Lebonan as well and tied in the table with them in scores.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
^ South Korea Lost to Lebanon? when did that happen?

actually South Korea is wounded a little as well, for the 1-1 tie they had against the Uzbeks and that's why the coach has not called up a few of the regulars. Although SK has never won in Iran, I can easily picture them beating us down. hopefully Ashkan Dejagah is healthy and along with a very motivated team our boys can do something special. Either way, SK is a much better team than ours.

before the campaign started I thought the games against Uzbikestan and Qatar are the most important games for us. so far we have 4 points from these two teams. It's a shame we lost 3 valuable points to Lebanon. but if we can beat Uzbiks and Qatar (away), and beat Lebanon in Tehran, we'll be sitting with 13 points and I think that might be enough.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
well,if we predict the game then we go with iran wins and that makes koreans angry and play as hard as they can .in this game i don't predict .
as for the new players from abroad so far i saw dejagah and i liked his game but i heard he was injured if not he is good in the right side .
i like the triangles on the left hajsafi, pejman nouri and khalatbari .in the right i like heydari,ando,and dejagah . two cenetral backs between three ,jalal hossianie, pejman montazeri,aghili two who are in best shape .
defensive halfback i like maziar but nakou is the first chance .nekou should know he should stay in his duties and works with two pejman and ando instead of long passing .
now we have 2 left between karimi ,ghazi and anasari far in centre( gholami ) .
the thing is karimi should get used to know working with khalatbari and dejagah and stay right behind of ansari -fard and utilize the defeted balls .
the problem is we don't shoot from 25,30 meter range . our best chance for scoring is shooting either bypejman,ando,nako or ghazi .don't hold the ball too much for just scoring from getting close to th goal .
my 50 cents .
btw i think ghochi is a good player ,if that so, then we need him as subs .definitely cq should use all 3 subs .

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
well,if we predict the game then we go with iran wins and that makes koreans angry and play as hard as they can .in this game i don't predict .
as for the new players from abroad so far i saw dejagah and i liked his game but i heard he was injured if not he is good in the right side .
i like the triangles on the left hajsafi, pejman nouri and khalatbari .in the right i like heydari,ando,and dejagah . two cenetral backs between three ,jalal hossianie, pejman montazeri,aghili two who are in best shape .
defensive halfback i like maziar but nakou is the first chance .nekou should know he should stay in his duties and works with two pejman and ando instead of long passing .
now we have 2 left between karimi ,ghazi and anasari far in centre( gholami ) .
the thing is karimi should get used to know working with khalatbari and dejagah and stay right behind of ansari -fard and utilize the defeted balls .
the problem is we don't shoot from 25,30 meter range . our best chance for scoring is shooting either bypejman,ando,nako or ghazi .don't hold the ball too much for just scoring from getting close to th goal .
my 50 cents .
btw i think ghochi is a good player ,if that so, then we need him as subs .definitely cq should use all 3 subs .
To read between your lines, you are screaming "I am an Abay and I support Malavan"!

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
there was only one malavan player i mentioned above .
there is no doubt i like pejman nouri game, he was even better when he played for perespolis .eversince he left recent years perespolis then perespolis is not the same .
they are type of players who are smart,devoted and talanted .nouri is one of them .

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
In this form and with CQ in charge, we'll be lucky to take a point from this game. Don't forget, we've struggled in every game, including against Qatar in Azadi. The weather would definitely favour the S. Koreans, although Azadi's altitude is always in our favor and really the only thing we've got going for us. Of course, I would love TM to win this game and althought the old heart says Iran 2 - S. Korea 1, the old mind says 1-1 tie or 1-2 loss.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
there was only one malavan player i mentioned above .
there is no doubt i like pejman nouri game, he was even better when he played for perespolis .eversince he left recent years perespolis then perespolis is not the same .
they are type of players who are smart,devoted and talanted .nouri is one of them .
I was just giving you hard time brar jan. I also love Malavan's style.