Iran State Media blames Baha'is!

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Iran State Media Blames the “Baha’i Sect” for Recent Unrest

Yesterday in Iran, articles appeared in two government-run news outlets blaming the Baha’i “sect” for the recent unrest in Iran, and namely the widespread protests that took place across the country on the day of Ashura. The Javan Newspaper, affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards, claimed that the protesters in “Mousavi’s camp” tore Qur’ans during the protests, and that this is a practice that is common among the “Baha’i branch” of Mousavi’s staff. The semi-official Fars News Agency, which has recently seen an influx in its ranks of Basij members, claimed that “Baha’ism under the leadership of Zionism is behind the latest crisis and unrest”.

The following is a translation from Farsi of the relevant paragraphs of the Fars News Agency story:

Baha’ism, Led by Zionism, is Hatching Intrigue Behind the Scenes of the Recent Unrest

Ne’matollah Bavand, an expert and researcher in political affairs, proclaims that Baha’ism under the leadership of Zionism is behind the latest crisis and unrest.

Asserting that there is no doubt that Baha’ism, led by Zionism, is behind these disturbances, Bavand declared: “A female advisor to one of the candidates in the recent presidential election who wears a turban defended Baha’ism.” [Note: this is an implied and disparaging reference to Mehdi Karroubi].

He added: “How long will the government put up with these people? Haven’t the people been convinced yet of the nature of these hypocrisies?…An advisor to this man, who pretends to be a man of the cloth and who was once the head of parliament, has openly come out in defense of Baha’ism and is currently completing training with her husband in England to become spies.”

He emphasized, “The public sees these things and becomes upset. Isn’t there a way to take care of these problems? The key players leave Iran and people of lesser importance are tried, when it is the key players that need to be tried!…The enemy has come to seek revenge for all the victories [of the Islamic Republic] in the Mecca of Islam: Iran!”

Below in a translation from Farsi of the Javan newspaper story

Plot of Baha’ism in the Musawi Camp to Publicly Desecrate Religious Sanctities is Exposed

On ‘Ashura, the protectors of the Musawi camp did not have the decency to abstain from desecrating even the most sacred of religious sanctities. By tearing up copies of the Qur’an on Enqelab Street in front of those mourning the martyrdom of Imam Husayn, they have exposed another side of their contempt for religion.

Confirming the above report, an expert in matters of security told Javan Online: “The actions of the Musawi Camp in desecrating religious sanctities is nothing new. In fact, this began happening when a Baha’i branch in the staff of this candidate was formed during the days leading up to the election.”

He added: “This sect has long been planning to attack the religious sanctities of the people on ‘Ashura but since they can never secure the protection of the masses, they will never be succeed.”

Regarding the role of Baha’ism in desecrating religious sanctities, our expert in matters of security stated, “The path that the Musawi camp is taking in their attack on religious sanctities is the exact same path that the misguided Baha’i sect has been on for years.”

He added: “We have evidence connecting the sect of Baha’ism with the Musawi camp and the strategic partnership between these two groups.”

Source: http://www.bahairights.org/2009/12/29/iran-state-media-blames-the-bahai-sect-for-recent-unrest/

Source: http://www.javanonline.ir/Nsite/FullStory/?Id=200302

اختصاصی جوان آنلاین
افشای نقش بهائیت در توهین به مقدسات در فرقه موسوی

همزمان با ظهر عاشورا حامیان حسین موسوی با توهین به قرآن چهره ای دیگر از عناد خود با دین را به نمایش گذاشتند.

حامیان فرقه موسوی در روز عاشورا از توهین به مقدس ترین مقدسات مردم هم كم نگذاشتند.به گزارش خبرنگار جوان آنلاین امروز همزمان با ظهر عاشورا حامیان حسین موسوی در خیابان انقلاب با توهین به قرآن و پاره كردن آن در مقابل چشم عزاداران ابی عبدالله(ع) چهره ای دیگر از عناد خود با دین را به نمایش گذاشتند.

در همین راستا یك كارشناس مسائل امنیتی در گفتگو با جوان آنلاین ضمن تائید خبر فوق گفت:توهین فرقه موسوی به مقدسات امر جدیدی نیست و این مسئله از زمانی آغاز شد كه شاخه ویژه بهائیت در ستاد این كاندیدا در ایام انتخابات تشكیل شد . وی افزود :این فرقه برای حمله به مقدسات مردم در روز عاشورا از مدتها قبل برنامه ریزی كرده بودند اما بدلیل اینكه از حمایت قاطبه مردم به دور هستند هرگز در این امور موفق نمی شوند. این كارشناس مسائل امنیتی در مورد نقش بهائیت در توهین به مقدسات گفت: خطی كه فرقه موسوی در حمله به مقدسات مردم دنبال می كند دقیقا همان خطی است كه فرقه ضاله بهائیت سالهاست به دنبال آن می باشد.وی افزود:شواهدی در دست است که ارتباط فرقه بهائیت با فرقه موسوی و پیوند استراتژیک این دو فرقه را نشان می دهد.

دانلود فایل ضمیمه
انتهای خبر / پایگاه اطلاع رسانی جوان / کد خبر 200302​

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
They're going to blame everyone they can Meehandoost jaan. I've heard monarchists, MKO and now Bahai's. Of course they're going to say things like that rather than admitting that it's mainstream. I promise you the Bahai's will have bright future in Iran, once we all get rid of these mafiosos.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
They're going to blame everyone they can Meehandoost jaan. I've heard monarchists, MKO and now Bahai's. Of course they're going to say things like that rather than admitting that it's mainstream. I promise you the Bahai's will have bright future in Iran, once we all get rid of these mafiosos.
Thank you Bi-honar jaan. Baha'is are committed to this "bright future" and involved in a national discourse and acts of service that will guarantee its realization. It may just be that the Islamic republic is attempting to vilify the Baha'is more in a ramp-up to the trial of their 7 member leadership council which is scheduled to take place on January 12th after several postponements. The effects however, will undoubtedly be the opposite since the more prejudice and hate are put into words, the better they are exposed.​

k-EYVON

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2003
Meehandoost aziz

With all due respect , from my own experience of being among Bahais , I found
them to be just another religious minded folks with their own methods of blind faith
and intolerance that comes with any organized religion. I wanted to know Bahai faith
as a matter of intellectual curosity but the effort of my Iranian Bahai friends were
concentrated on converting me as fast as possible! When I read enough online about
origins of faith - Shie Islam
( which Bahais in the States do their best to deny for a more appealing marketing)
I was asked not to bother them any more.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
This news will be considered as a joke and a sign of illiteracy and idiotic regim personnel by all Iranian people.
marxsists, leftisis, US, Britain, European, MKO, Secularists, and now Bahaie's turn... not worth even responding to regim's different accusations every minute.
These talks are a good sign of a regim on life support, they don't know what they are saying.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
doost-e aziz, I heard callers to IRIB and those who were being interviewed blame Bahais, too. I almost jumped out of my seat to punch the TV. I want to say to you not to bother yourself with it, but that's easier said than done when you know that very likely some very innocent Bahai hamvatans will be targeted now. Be patient, my friend. Justice will eventually prevail.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Meehandoost aziz

With all due respect , from my own experience of being among Bahais , I found
them to be just another religious minded folks with their own methods of blind faith
and intolerance that comes with any organized religion. I wanted to know Bahai faith
as a matter of intellectual curosity but the effort of my Iranian Bahai friends were
concentrated on converting me as fast as possible! When I read enough online about
origins of faith - Shie Islam
( which Bahais in the States do their best to deny for a more appealing marketing)
I was asked not to bother them any more.
Dear one, although your comments are not really related to this news, I'm happy to reply to them for your benefit and the benefit of others who may have similar concerns and also read this discussion.

Religions do not appear in a vacuum, rather build on each other's learning. In that respect, they are the "pogressive revelations" of the Cause of God which is one in its essence and is revealed to humanity in every age in accordance to its challenges and capacities. The Baha'i Faith does acknowledge the divine origins of all previous revelations, including Islam, and that the Imams were the rightful successors of Muhammad. However, it does not believe in "shia-bazi" as conducted in Iran by mullahs whose machinations have led the land to its ruins. In that respect, Baha'i Faith can be said to have its origins in Islam, as much as it does in Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism, since it does acknowledge their divine origins and their contributions to human development and civilization as well. It is the example of grade school where one grade necessarily follows the previous one and builds on its learning.

As for "converting", Baha'is are strictly forbidden to "proselytize" but are encouraged to share the message of Baha'u'llah, the prophet founder of their Faith, with those who are interested, particularly Iranians, who are compatriots of Baha'u'llah and from the birthplace of this Faith. I am not aware of your particular case and therefore unable to comment on it, but as you say you can certainly read about the Baha'i Faith online, write to the National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'is of your country (listed in white pages), or feel free to ask questions here or through PM if you wish and I'd be happy to share my understanding as time permits.

This news however, shows the depth of prejudice and hatred of the same "Shia" clerical cast that you claim is the origin of the Baha'i Faith. Clearly, as evidenced in their beliefs and their actions, that is not the case! As I said before, this could be a pretext to further vilify the Baha'i leadership council members who have been imprisoned without a trial and with limited legal or visitation access for over a year, and are scheduled to go on trial on January 12th. There are also many other Baha'is around the country who are imprisoned for their beliefs.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
God willing with the victory of the Green Movement, the unprecedented level of social/political/religious tolerance of the new generation, and the Fatwa of Ayatollah Montazeri breaking a serious religious taboo in entitling all citizens to their civil right specifically speaking of Bahaies, IMHO, our Bahaie hamvatans will finally will breath freely in their own country.

Last edited:

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
God willing with the victory of the Green Movement, the unprecedented level of social/political/religious tolerance of the new generation, and the Fatwa of Ayatollah Montazeri breaking a serious religious taboo in entitling all citizens to their specifically speaking of Bahaies, IMHO, our Bahaie hamvatans will finally will breath freely in their own country.
Indeed dear...although God has always willed for ALL humans to live in freedom and with unity and amity build an ever-advacing civilization; it has been the people of greed and imposters of divinity who have delayed it and retarded progress and prosperity.

joonevar22

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
USA
aghai mehandoost chera harchi shoma inja mizarin bayad rabt dashte bashe be bahai o bahai boodan...no karetam ma javoona darim mirim shoma fekre dino mashabi...baba bekhial ye khorde fekre javoona basho na enghad news ah dar mored bahai o din...god damn!!!

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
aghai mehandoost chera harchi shoma inja mizarin bayad rabt dashte bashe be bahai o bahai boodan...no karetam ma javoona darim mirim shoma fekre dino mashabi...baba bekhial ye khorde fekre javoona basho na enghad news ah dar mored bahai o din...god damn!!!
joonevar jaan, the answer is very simple. It's because the likes of you do not care enough to share them, possibly due to indifference, personal reasons or lingering prejudice. I don't know what you mean by saying "ma javoona darim mirim", which youth are leaving? Did you mean to say "dying"? Thankfully you seem to be fine in a free country, but for your information, there are tens of Baha'i youth who are imprisoned in Iran as we speak for their humanitarian activities, thousands more are deprived of education. The persecution of the Baha'i community in Iran is well documented. Instead of the question you asked, you should be asking yourself why is it that you are so perturbed by sharing the news about Baha'is the cause of which is the Islamic republic! It's not as though the Baha'is had a say in this news. It was the Islamic republic that propagated it, as they have done in the past to blame the Baha'i community for any and all of their shortcomings.

Therefore, I do reserve the right to share the news on Baha'is or other topics as I deem noteworthy. Clearly, you are not obliged to participate as the subject is quite clear. But if you do decide to contribute, I hope you maintain an etiquette worthy of your character.

joonevar22

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
USA
See i view iranians as iranians not based on their religions.Unlike you when i say javoona am talking about all of them not just muslims.The persecution of many other religions/groups are well documented as well and so on and so forth thats y we are trying to free our country.fekr kon!!.The question am asking u is why do you always post and never take part in any other discussion other then to do with your beliefs and faith.Bahai community has nothing to do with IRANs shortcomings be khodet nagir...Irans shortcoming came when we couldnt separate religion from state and some weak leaders who didnt get rid of akhoonds when they had the chances so it has nothing to do with Bahais.Dooste aziz hech vaght yadet nare un NEDA/shorab/Ali etc.. ke koshte shod dan bara dineshoon namordan bara keshvareshon va azadi keshvaresh mordan...alan base din o mashab nistesh yeki beshin va be proud of been Iranian and fight the fight for your country not your religion.Dont forget u come from a country that is rich in history with its great kings and warriors.Irani boodan be bahai o muslimon nistesh azizam in harfaro in akhoonda gozashtan bainye mardoom ke in chiza pish biyad.Agar rastesho bekhai Irani asleyatemon zartoshti boodan yani pedar jademoon yekieh.So join us and fight for ur countries freedom not based on ur religious beliefs but base it on u been a Persian.zende bad azadi va payande bad IRAN O IRANI.

Last edited:

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
joonevar jaan, it would be naive to assume that the struggle for freedom is something new in Iran. It would be equally naive to assume that this discussion represents the entire struggle and therefore must be all-encompassing. No dear, this is one aspect of it with regards to this news and the general prejudice against and mistrust of Baha'is propagated by Muslim clergy. One that seems to linger on among some even after the loss of their faith and trust in the clergy. In any case, we can only hope that with time and with more of these discussions the clouds of suspecion and misgiving about the Baha'is will be lifted by the gentle breezes of change that are wafting over Iran.

joonevar22

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
USA
Naive is thinking only about your own benefits at this time and not whats the best interest of your country but then again thats y I dont like to hold discussions with religious people cause their views are clouded with what their beliefs tell them to follow...and also naive is to listen to what Iran state media has too say.hahaha