Iran to allow Women in stadium ? Almost done ....

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It's about dam time, welcome to the 21st century Iran! Of course more needs to be done for women's rights in Iran but this is a good start. CORRECTION this had nothing to do with the ban the image was showing Iran's national bank but I can't read Farsi, just speak it.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
It's about dam time, welcome to the 21st century Iran! Of course more needs to be done for women's rights in Iran but this is a good start.

I love you bruw, you made my day ...........
I cant stop laughing, thats what I needed this friday morning, thank you ..... thank you, THANK YOU!
I could not see that coming.... clear as a bell, ding dong

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
He's being sarcastic. The image shows a bank (Iran's National Bank = Bank Melli) that only serves women :)
Oh my bad BT I actually thought they were lifting the ban, it's not like I can read Persian, I can speak it but can't read. @Arash jan and the rest, it is hard when you are born in the west and have to learn other languages. At least I know English, Persian and I have a very good understanding of German and Russian, not bad for an American born.What is worse is the jerk who knows Farsi/Persian but refuses to speak it, at least I am not, "that guy." You know the guy who came here from Iran six months ago and all of a sudden doesn't speak a word of Farsi."I only es-speak English, no Farsi, vat is vrong vith dat?"

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
TeamMeli bro, I'm lousy at writing, I can speak and I've been better to kick around Farsi talking. But to read goes a bit so and so. I'm working on it, I actually do!
I understood nothing of the damned picture, but your comment was spot on, whether you were aware of it or not, it was kind of Jim Carrey absurdity!
However, take't easy & have a great friday :cheers:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
TeamMeli bro, I'm lousy at writing, I can speak and I've been better to kick around Farsi talking. But to read goes a bit so and so. I'm working on it, I actually do!
I understood nothing of the damned picture, but your comment was spot on, whether you were aware of it or not, it was kind of Jim Carrey absurdity!
However, take't easy & have a great friday :cheers:
I am working on reading Farsi as well. I actually a few years ago finished a first grade book and learned the alphabet but honestly understanding Cryllic(Russian) is easier. I hope you have a wonderful Friday as well, tons of football both club and national teams so we have plenty of things to discuss. Hopefully one day the rule will change but I would not hold my breath, I have been told if you finish the third grade, you can read a Persian newspaper. I hope one day our women can enjoy more freedoms but I am not going to hold my breath. Na zdrovie, cheers and blessings to your health, all of you :cheers:[.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
What is worse is the jerk who knows Farsi/Persian but refuses to speak it, at least I am not, "that guy." You know the guy who came here from Iran six months ago and all of a sudden doesn't speak a word of Farsi."I only es-speak English, no Farsi, vat is vrong vith dat?"
Reading these lines made me thinking of Goorgen "Transmission" armenian fella, Shift It. A couple of my oldman's buddies talk like him. :)
By the way check @ 0:29 "Rhett & Link" BFFs, lol they are there working on it, very hard...lol "You bring your transmission to my shop, and I let you work on it yourself" haha!

[video=youtube;1gYE5TyijxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYE5TyijxE[/video]

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
it's about dam time, welcome to the 21st century iran! Of course more needs to be done for women's rights in iran but this is a good start. Correction this had nothing to do with the ban the image was showing iran's national bank but i can't read farsi, just speak it.
for the love of god ... You do not have to reply to every fucking thread ... If you dont understand something ... Ask ........

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
for the love of god ... You do not have to reply to every fucking thread ... If you dont understand something ... Ask ........
Ok man I'll keep that in mind and to be fair, I hardly post these days anymore anyways, next time I will ask. I don't want to get on your bad side or banned. You can take a look at how much I have posted in the last few months, not very much and I am keeping the post maximum to a paragraph now. Furthermore I am being very good at not responding to every thread, that was one of the ones I happened to reply and it was a misunderstanding on my part. To be fair other members are way worse than me ie instigate fights, insult others yet nothing ever happens to them. Furthermore, I probably won't have a computer until Christians time, I am responding on my mom's computer because I happen to be in SD. When I get a computer don't worry I won't reply to every thread and if I have a question because it is written in Farsi, I will.If you don't want people to reply to every "effing" thread you can change the rules and put restrictions Now please do me a favor and stop zooming in on me, just saying. Also, please check your PM so I can talk to you in private.

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
This is an old thread, but the topic of allowing women into the stadium is still on the table in Iran. Following the January uprising and women's movement to take their forced scarf off (daughter/girls of the Revolution street), and the recent steps towards changes in Saudi Arabia, including allowing women to the stadium, the issue has got even more momentum.
Unfortunately the FIFA officials turn a blind eye when it comes to this matter as evident when its president visited Iran and watched Tehran's derby with tens of thousands of guys. But interestingly enough the topic is at times discussed at the national TV, though often faced with censorship as it was the case with Fredosipour's comment at Mehran Modiri's "Dore-hami" program (See the clip in this thread, post #48).

Not that I want to promote the producers of the following clip, as they are highly notorious for their gender segregation among many other awful things they have done or being accused of, but I find this clip to be funny: