Iran - Uzbekistan predictions 14 November

Feb 17, 2009
1-0 or 2-1 for Iran

i think the Uzbeks managed to get very far in the WCQ campaign but TM's firepower will stop them eventually, they will have to race with Qatar for the 3th place(play offs)

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Iran 2 - Uzbekistan 0

We just do well against physically strong / Soviet-type teams - think Russia, Ukraine etc. If we can be focused, I think a 2-0 scoreline for Iran is fair.

Goals scored by Reza Ghoochannejhad (first half) & Andranik Teymourian (second half).

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
well,what I should say...except,this is the most important game for us.....uzbacks are very strong physically,and have got a great stamina to play against Iran....on the other hand,they come for revenge..plus,thay have a great chance to be qualified as a second best in our group....

I do not want to be pessimist,but unfortunately,you can not rely on this Iran national team....still,far from,to be a great team,with a steady and consistent result.....one day,they are strongest,another day,the weakest.....

I hope,Iran wins the game,but I do not know,some erratic,and unwanted feeling,tells me,we do not win the game,and tie with them 1-1(may be I am so anxious about this game!or what,..I do not know).....unless,we will be lucky,as we are against S.korea.......we had a great ashkan dejageh,who was great in physical activity,and carrying the ball from our field,into the opponent field,with great exertion,with out being fatigue....on the other hand,a well trained ghoochan nejad,who developped 3 great opportunity against the opponent goal,was another factor(although due to direct method and style of our opponent in passing the ball),we could not send and nourish goochi,very well,but he did a great job for us....

we have to accept,CQ,did a great job against,S.korea....while S.korean team,strongest in left wing,pushed us,more and more..he brought mahini into the field,and paralyzed their left wing(which were their back bone)....combination of khosro heydari,mahini,and ashkan dejageh,killed S.korean,team unity,and their power,and we managed to win the game....this combination,reminded me,combination of 1970s team..Hassan nazari,Ali parvin,Hassan rowshan....or 2000s..mahdavi kia,karimi,hashemian.....but this is the question.Can CQ repeat his magic once again? we have to wait and see ............

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
This is the game that will make or break our qualification. Simply put. Win this and we really have a foot and a half in Brazil. We will have a comfortable lead ahead of Qatar & Uzbekistan, next round of games will be in 2013 after this game, plenty of time to prepare and re-group with a peace of mind knowing that beating Lebanon at home could be the last hurdle.

This game is more crucial then what the South Korea game was. Question is though, can Iran actually pull together and put up yet another great performance and actually give us fans a bit of breathing space for once, or will they like usual make things harder then what they need to be and give us the unnecessary stress and heart ache. Hopefully we will have our full squad at our disposal, IF our players can comprehend how CRUCIALthis game really is, and not let the win against South Korea make them complacent i am confident we will earn a hard fought victory at home.

Understand this, IF we beat Uzbekistan at home, and even draw Qatar away. We could very well celebrate our qualification to Brazil 2014 in our own home, with a win against Lebanon in Azadi & travel to South Korea with a peace of mind.

My prediction, my brain says it will be a draw. 1-1, but my heart is praying we will win 2-1.
Nothing like Iranian gheyrat, i hope we display it again.

What will make this game hard is Uzbekistan knows that if they loose here, they will have to settle for fighting for the 3rd place with Qatar, Uzbekistan are not only motivated to revenge the unfair defeat to us at their home soil, but they will come with all guns blazing just to keep their hopes alive.
This is going to be a blockbuster of a game, adrenaline rush just thinking about it.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Start with 10 men & put CQ in the stands and Iran will win it. :football:

:Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1::Iran1:

Feb 22, 2005
By that same token, the Uzebks must be in panic on how to deal with Iran playing with 11 players as against S. korea with 10 players they aggressively attacked and scored.

Well, few headers by the Koreans hit the woodwork. MA AZ KOON OVORDEEM. I bet you that the Uzb coaches have already seen the footage and now have figure this out.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Great point. But The Uze will play an offensive minded match. Must win for both teams.
Not really a must win for them, they will be happy with a point to go for the 3rd place and play offs. Of course they might test for a win, but it will only take few attacks by TM to puch them into defensive mode. TM is building up emotionally which along with tactical and technical issues, was considered one of the missing links. If no major injury is on our hands, Uz will lose wiht a 2 goal margin.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well, few headers by the Koreans hit the woodwork. MA AZ KOON OVORDEEM. I bet you that the Uzb coaches have already seen the footage and now have figure this out.
Yes, on the same token we were extremely unlucky against Lebanon , but atleast we played brave against Korea , we looked lethal upfront with Goochi and Ashkan ,just give them another game or two and get the midfield to put the balls into them and I tell you all our opponents would be shitting themselves facing them !

sarbaz

Bench Warmer
Nov 6, 2002
TM has to play a lot better than the S.Korea match in order to win

I predict a narrow 2-1 win for TM but i tell ya i am scared of that match mre so than i was for korea

Thank god no shojaie due to red card and mohammd nouri coz he was terrible and qrosh must not play him from the start