Iran v Uzbekistan Friendly

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There should be a limit for numbers of subs in friendly games. I mean not more than 4-5. It really effects the game..
Friendly games are mostly useless and meaningless because of this very thing.

That's why I often wonder why people are so intimidated or brag about friendly results. They are completely meaningless.

Motivation and harmony is pretty much 80% of football. Without motivation and harmony, the best teams in the world can be a walk in the park, as they often are during friendlies.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That is all depend to agreement between two teams, standard is 6 but during Iran and uzbak game i believe Iran had 7 same as Uzbaks. Even 6 is too much!
Friendlies are considered as International "A" matches and have direct effect on FIFA ranking. Therefore if a team uses more than 6 subs during a friendly match, then that match is not considered an International "A" match and will not be used in FIFA ranking.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Friendlies are considered as International "A" matches and have direct effect on FIFA ranking. Therefore if a team uses more than 6 subs during a friendly match, then that match is not considered an International "A" match and will not be used in FIFA ranking.
Seriously, do you really care about FIFA ranking? Where crap teams can go ahead and play likes of laos and malaysia on regular basis, thrash them and get a head of much better teams in that useless ranking?

Feb 4, 2005
FIFA ranking can be important when it comes to seedings. That way you can avoid being grouped with stronger teams. That being said a team that is willing to make it to WC should not fear any opponent but taking a break every now and then is always welcome.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
FIFA ranking can be important when it comes to seedings. That way you can avoid being grouped with stronger teams. That being said a team that is willing to make it to WC should not fear any opponent but taking a break every now and then is always welcome.
Well said. Too bad I missed the match but it seems like we played a lot of our young guns. Uzbekistan is down right decent, they came oh so close to making it to the world cup last time. In fact, they had the same amount of points as South Korea but I think South Korea had one more goal so they went instead, on goal differential. They are a decent team.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Seriously, do you really care about FIFA ranking? Where crap teams can go ahead and play likes of laos and malaysia on regular basis, thrash them and get a head of much better teams in that useless ranking?
It doesn't matter if you or I care about FIFA ranking or not. As "Payandeh Iran" explained earlier, it does count towards seeding. It is important to note that friendly games do carry lesser weight than official non-friendly matches.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Of 8 games we have played vs Uzbekistan, we only lost one and tied one, with Ali Daei leading the scores with 3 followed by Jalal Hosseini with 2 goals.

1.آذر 1377 بانکوک) ایران 4 ازبکستان 0 – علی دایی (3)، علی موسوی
2.تیر 1386 کوالالامپور) ایران 2 ازبکستان 1 – سیدجلال حسینی، جواد کاظمیان
3.شهریور 1388 تاشکند) ایران 0 ازبکستان 0
4.خرداد 1391 تاشکند) ایران 1 ازبکستان 0 – محمدرضا خلعتبری
5.آبان 1391 تهران) ایران 0 ازبکستان 1
6.خرداد 1394 تاشکند) ایران 1 ازبکستان 0 – مهدی ترابی
7.مهر 1395 تاشکند) ایران 1 ازبکستان 0 – سیدجلال حسینی
8.خرداد 1396 تهران) ایران 2 ازبکستان 0 – سردار آزمون، مهدی طارمی

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
I would like to think the following players would be tested tomorrow against Uzbekistan who are playing their U23 team:

Goalie: Hossein Hosseini and Abedzadeh
Defenders: Khanzadeh, Majid Hosseini
Midfield: Gholizadeh, Cheshmi, Torabi

Add Milad, Vouria, Ehsan and Gucci and Taremi or Karim to that list then you have a complete team.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
I would like to think the following players would be tested tomorrow against Uzbekistan who are playing their U23 team:

Goalie: Hossein Hosseini and Abedzadeh
Defenders: Khanzadeh, Majid Hosseini
Midfield: Gholizadeh, Cheshmi, Torabi

Add Milad, Vouria, Ehsan and Gucci and Taremi or Karim to that list then you have a complete team.
I wasn't very off after all!

ترکیب تیم ملی ایران برای بازی دوستانه با ازبکستان اعلام شد.بر این اساس امیر عابدزاده، وریا غفوری، محمدرضا خانزاده، سید مجید حسینی، علی قلی‌زاده، روزبه چشمی، کریم انصاری‌فرد، احسان حاج صفی (کاپیتان)، مهدی ترابی، رضا قوچان‌نژاد، مهدی طارمی یازده بازیکنی هستند که در این بازی به میدان می روند.

Cheshmi played DM, Pejman was also tested for that position for a short while.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^God don't even go there! Last time our game against Nigeria was voted as the most boring game in the whole WC! It was so embarrassing!!! I don't wanna see another game like that for Iran, specially when the whole world is watching!

Lucky enough our best players this time around are not a couple of defensive midfielders but all our forwards. Hopefully we'll see different games in this WC, even though we have to play hyper defensive against Spain and Portugal.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
How does Iran manage to be the least watchable football team in the world (among those who compete for WC spots) every single game?!!! That's got to be some sort of an achievement. It really takes something special to be this unwatchable.
tbf Iran played very well against Algeria specially the first 60 mins.[/QUOTE]