Iran vs. Lebanon - WCQ

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Match starts tomorrow @ 10AM EST, 7AM PST

Hope we demolish them.

Iran once had a football team ... This is when we had a team vs. Lebanon in 2000.

[video=youtube;0AKBc6FI5_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AKBc6FI5_8[/video]

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Those highlights are night and day in comparison with the new style (or lack of)...

The question becomes, getting worse or other teams getting better :confused:

Hope they can put up a clinic tomorrow. Best of luck to CQ. :peep:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Lebanon can be tricky, they seem to score well when they get the ball in the box because they only know how to play simple. Reminds me of Bahrain but these guys are more proud people as a nation. They also seem to be very emotional which is a double-edged sword. Our luck is these teams don't have consistency and the chances are they are not mentally or physically at their peak anymore.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
best we can do is a tie with what I saw against Jordan. we might get lucky again and win like how we did against uzbeks.

I remember that game.
It was the first game of the Asian cup in Lebanon
And actually they dominated the game but lack of experience and bad defence and Iranian experience all made us a big winner
I remember that game every one in this forum were concern about team meli performance.
Iran had only 4 attacks and they managed to score on all of them....

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Thanks for your input guys :) I did not see the game although the goals were team-oriented and nicely done (circa 2000 game)

Any TV updates? Anyone know which channel is showing it? IRIB 2? I think Al Kass has rights .... can someone comment on this?

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I tuned in to Radio Varzesh to get some updates on TM and i got this depressing singer singing :

خدایا ساربون آهسته می ران
که ما وامونده ی ِ قافله هستیم

Not a good omen. :)

Last edited: