Iran war games

Feb 4, 2005
so now please explain this to me, if the USA wanted to harm the government why didn't they start sanctioning from top to bottom, rathan than bottom to top ? Need a 200 million dollar drone to be shut down to retaliate against top personnel in Tehran ... what a joke !!
Same thing I was thinking today. Why didn’t they start with him and then down the hierarchy?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Because it would be meaningless without sanctions against Iran's oil production. That's the real source of revenue for Iran. What would stop Khamenei or Sepah from spending money on weapons and military presence in the region if the oil money just kept flowing?

Sanctioning Khamenei and his buddies will not harm their personal lifestyle. It will harm the ventures they're vested in as oil money dries up and now every other type of business they engage in will pretty much come to a halt. But the oil money had to dry up first.
why couldn't it be done at the same time ?
I mean come on !!
You can dry the oil money and restrict money to top personnel that you are fighting against .. not rocket science.

why couldn't it be done at the same time ?
I mean come on !!
You can dry the oil money and restrict money to top personnel that you are fighting against .. not rocket science.
Because politics. Because you don't kill or cripple a horse you're trying to tame. It was stated from the very beginning: there was no intention of replacing the regime or going to war with Iran. I.R should've played nicer. They could've got away with murder again. Now it's too late.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
so now please explain this to me, if the USA wanted to harm the government why didn't they start sanctioning from top to bottom, rathan than bottom to top ? Need a 200 million dollar drone to be shut down to retaliate against top personnel in Tehran ... what a joke !!
How many times do American policy makers (Trump, bush, Obama ...) need to prove that they don't give a $hit a bout iranian people or any people for that matter.
it is just Iranian slave like mentality that thinks the master might have some wisdom after all.

First thing they did under Obama was making it harder for foreign tourists to travel to iran.
Then they banned iranians from traveling to the U.S.
There is still debate about why they did this to the government vs the people?
their goal is for Iran to submit unconditionally to their will, they could care less what happens to the people or whole rules it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
How many times do American policy makers (Trump, bush, Obama ...) need to prove that they don't give a $hit a bout iranian people or any people for that matter.
it is just Iranian slave like mentality that thinks the master might have some wisdom after all.

First thing they did under Obama was making it harder for foreign tourists to travel to iran.
Then they banned iranians from traveling to the U.S.
There is still debate about why they did this to the government vs the people?
their goal is for Iran to submit unconditionally to their will, they could care less what happens to the people or whole rules it.
what part of my post said that they care about Iranian people ?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There are too many Iranians such as this Omid guy who see the world as black and white.

from policy point of view "resistance" is not an end-goal. you resist up to a point where you can have an optimal hand in negotiations.

instead what Iran does is "resist" upto point of breaking a part and then join negotiations where they give up too many points away at the table because
they are desparate for a deal. (this is what happened in JCPOA).

a lot of analysts believe that Iran's nuclear program has all along been a distraction created by Iran.
essentially a card Iran has brought in play to give it away, so it does not have to give away it's missile and regional influence card.

the problem is the nuclear card was given away in return for not much.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
There are too many Iranians such as this Omid guy who see the world as black and white.

from policy point of view "resistance" is not an end-goal. you resist up to a point where you can have an optimal hand in negotiations.

instead what Iran does is "resist" upto point of breaking a part and then join negotiations where they give up too many points away at the table because
they are desparate for a deal. (this is what happened in JCPOA).

a lot of analysts believe that Iran's nuclear program has all along been a distraction created by Iran.
essentially a card Iran has brought in play to give it away, so it does not have to give away it's missile and regional influence card.

the problem is the nuclear card was given away in return for not much.
The right task should be given to right people with the right mindset ... when Akhoond start making decisions, how can you expect good negotiations skill or mindset. When the mindset is to speard Iranian Islam (i.e. shia-ism) how can you expect logic ?
After 40 years, the best friends of Iran are bankrupt country of Syria, and bunch of thugs in Lebanon. So much for progress.

If Trump and Xi reach a trade deal in the coming days, you can expect a change of tone in Washington. Otherwise Trump will impose more tariffs and keep a soft tone with Iran. You can tell he really hates this Iran distraction when he's trying to change the face of America's economy. If he succeeds in taming China, a few decades from now he will have more admirers than Reagan.

The new tie wearing beer drinking "nationalist" velayatmadars like this guy and Alizadeh. The scum on earth. I have more respect for the real hezbolahis.
Kesafat tar az ina vojood nadareh. There are millions of them in Iran. I totally disagree with Trump when he says "Iran is a wonderful country with wonderful people". Fact is, Iran is a poor country with a relatively small number of wonderful people who have been alienated for so long they've either left or want to leave Iran.