Iranian National Team of Ice hockey! Tryouts soon to be announced!

Exoma

Ball Boy
Jul 15, 2005
I have emailed both the IIHF and the Ministry of Culture regarding an Iranian National Team of Ice Hockey to participate in the next Challenge Cup of Asia! (2nd Division Word cup of hockey)

I know lots of Iranians are into hockey, and there are currently 3 Iranian NHLers (I use the term loosely). Mark Ardelan, Daniel Rahimi, and Rhett Rakhshani.

If you are an Iranian who feels they can make the cut, PM me, and I can get you information on how you can try out for the Iranian National Team. I know, I as a goalie will surely try out.

Who knows, maybe we can beat China and UAE, and win the Challenge Cup if they allow us to participate and get sponsored.

(You must have Iranian citizenship to be allowed to play)

Nov 24, 2002
non f guys you mentioned play in NHL yet .... they are all prospect that would never probably play except rakhshani and he is i guess only 1/4 iranian ...

Mar 13, 2007
I have emailed both the IIHF and the Ministry of Culture regarding an Iranian National Team of Ice Hockey to participate in the next Challenge Cup of Asia! (2nd Division Word cup of hockey)

I know lots of Iranians are into hockey, and there are currently 3 Iranian NHLers (I use the term loosely). Mark Ardelan, Daniel Rahimi, and Rhett Rakhshani.

If you are an Iranian who feels they can make the cut, PM me, and I can get you information on how you can try out for the Iranian National Team. I know, I as a goalie will surely try out.

Who knows, maybe we can beat China and UAE, and win the Challenge Cup if they allow us to participate and get sponsored.

tons of good iranian kids playing hockey in canadian rep leagues, high schools and university/collages. My 15 year old newphew plays OHL AAA hockey - very possible for him to be drafted. I would have done so 15 years ago myself, too old now..lol

M

Marika_69

If there were to be try outs would it be senior or juniors as well? As i am a 15year old Iranian ice hockey player who thinks it is about time Iran have a national team! Despite living in England I would still like to have a chance to make the cut. I think there are tons of Iranian hockey kids about to make a junior national team!

Oct 1, 2004
This isn't a bad idea. Teams like Japan and Italy are basically filled with Canadians who have a Japenese or Italian grandpa. Iran could probably do the same. Plus they don't have alot of the rules that FIFA has about playing for one international team. You can switch any time you want.

Nov 24, 2002
This isn't a bad idea. Teams like Japan and Italy are basically filled with Canadians who have a Japenese or Italian grandpa. Iran could probably do the same. Plus they don't have alot of the rules that FIFA has about playing for one international team. You can switch any time you want.

Not sure about this part sajad jan

Monsef55

Football Fan
Jan 13, 2010

Hi, I play Jr.A hockey in Canada but I don't have an Iranian citizenship yet. I am very interested in playing in the future if we do in fact have a team.

If you can please keep me posted, that would be great.

Thanks

Nov 24, 2002
Didn't Brett Hull do the same?
brett hall is a canada born , his dad played for team canada , he didnt get the call for team canada and played for USA in olympic(98 i guess) as he hold both canadian and american citizenship .

once you play for a country you can't switch it later , is same as football ..

Oct 1, 2004
brett hall is a canada born , his dad played for team canada , he didnt get the call for team canada and played for USA in olympic(98 i guess) as he hold both canadian and american citizenship .

once you play for a country you can't switch it later , is same as football ..
Apparently you can switch, but only if you play in that country's league and stay for many years.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/psh/comments/questionable_nationality_at_the_olympics/

Nov 24, 2002
Apparently you can switch, but only if you play in that country's league and stay for many years.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/psh/comments/questionable_nationality_at_the_olympics/
i highly doubt if it happen on reality !and i highly doubt the credibility of article .
yes if you play in a league like was the case of nabakov you can switch but he never played for kazakestan before , i never see or probably dont remember a player with a senior cap played for two differents national teams .. you can probably have both citizenship play let say play junior for canada , senior for US ( even this i dont remember any player )