Iranian News just Announced the Lineup vs China

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Madanchi in for Enayati and Kazemian in for Khatibi are the two changes.

No Kaabi, although given Kazemians performance it wouldve been hard to find a place for Hossein. I like this lineup much more than the first game as it gives us natural width in the front third and even though Madanchi and Kazemian might not be the worlds best wingers, the fact that they are wingers will trouble the opposition much more than Khatibi and Enayati.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
thanks for sharing. :( I was hoping GN would start using Kazemian as a supersub.

Iraq and Australia each used one of their best players as a sub.

You can't just pack the field with the most prestigious players. There needs to be a system.

I was thinking if Hashemian and Karimi were upfront in a 4-4-2 the defence and midfield lines could be EXACTLY how we all want them to be, then Kazemian could come in for Karimi or Kaabi could be taken out of the defence and Kazemian inserted in up front, Kia coming back a little to make it 4-3-3...

but I think that this is how he will play:

--------------------------Roodbarian

Mahdavikia-------Hosseini---------Rezaie---------Zandi (ish)

--------------------------Nekounam

-----------------Ando---------------------Karimi

-------Kazemian--------------------------------Madanchi

-------------------------Hashemian

Chinese media has announced they will play 3-5-2. A 5-man midfield should be able to choke a 3-man midfield with EASE. And if Mahdavikia and Zandi try to interfere we have 2 slow centerbacks being all that separates the speedy chinese from our goal with Roodbarian 20 meters in front of it. Prepare for alot of longballs, I think we'll just try to bypass the midfield.

I don't know what goes on in these peoples' minds sometimes.

Well, I hope for the best. Thanks for telling us.

farhad611

Bench Warmer
Jul 21, 2005
Finally Enayati and Khatibi make way way for our real talents in those 2 flanks. Great to see them but I still want Kaabi to get a chance and show his troubling pace but let's see what happens on Sunday. So basically this is the attack mode formation of Iran:
--------------------------Roodbarian--------------------

Mahdavikia------Hosseini------Rezaie---------Zandi

--------------------------Nekounam-------------------

-----------------Ando-----------------Karimi----------

-------Kazemian-----------------------------Madanchi

-------------------------Hashemian-------------------

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I was also hoping for Kazemian as a supersub..but let it be.

and if China really plays 3-5-2, then we gonna kill them coming over the wings...

Really, I pray that they play 3-5-2. It would be the best that could happen to us.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
that's an improvement ,but I would like to see Kaabi play at some stage ,could come in for Kazemian or he could play in the left wing for Madanchi ,he would be a headache for the Chinese .

Not too sure about Roodbarian though ..

Its never going to happen I know, but I think this would be a much better solution:

-----------------Ando-----------------Shojaei----------

-------Kazemian---------------------------------Karimi

farhad611

Bench Warmer
Jul 21, 2005
I would have prefered Kaabi in starting lineup and Kazemian in for the SUPERSUB. Let's hope that Kaabi will the hero on Sunday if there are problems with Kazemian crossing or shooting. I'm sure Kaabi will contribute by helping to that!

Aug 26, 2005
Go Iran! I pray it works. I'm glad to see Kazemian getting his dues. Like Westi, I pray they shoot themselves in the foot and try 3-5-2. We will murder them with Kazemian and Madanchi.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Its never going to happen I know, but I think this would be a much better solution:

-----------------Ando-----------------Mobali----------

-------Kazemian---------------------------------Karimi

fixed

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
you know guys, you're saying that 3-5-2 will leave the Chinese weak on the wings but if we play 4-3-3 we will be playing without wings!

That is, unless Madanchi and Kazemian play in wider positions, but that will make Hashemian continue to look terrible being all alone upfront!

Perhaps Hashemian's cross-converting abilities will be more apparent against the Chinese team.

Feb 11, 2006
Its fun waking up in the morining in Uk and watching football straight away. As soon as you wake up there is no need to wait for anything you just switch on the TV.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
What about trying Kaebi on the left side people?? it doesn't get mentioned much but it's definitely worth a try against the chinese
Left, right, or whereever, I wish Ghalenoei would realize that we need his speed in the defence. Why fix what isn't broken and keep what is? It's ridiculous. Kaabi is not a forward. Maybe he is in Iran where it doesn't matter if he's 5'4, 6'4, or 4'4, but against China and Saudi Arabia it will matter.

He came on for Nikbakht to play as leftback against Korea in Seoul, he didn't see much action but he wasn't so successfull on that particular occasion as a leftback.

While he is fast, I guess he is still far from being a complete enough player to be able to change sides just like that. I don't know.

But I think we should copy Australia and Iraq and bring Kazemian on as a supersub, like Tim Cahill! I think Karimi should be a forward in the first place! And be replaced by Kazemian on minute 60 :(

Or, play 4-4-2 diamond and start nekounam and Karimi in the midfield, then bring Ando on for Karimi in the second half to make it 4-4-2 traditional with him alongside Nekounam. Or have him replace nNekounam and keep it a 4-4-2 diamond

But don't just spill all the best eggs onto the field with no plan or consideration for how they work with eachother :(