Iranian President selection thread

Oct 1, 2004
In a country like Iran where voting is not done electronically, IF they actually counted votes it would take days, not a few hours.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^^ Definitely engineering bro. It doesn't take 4 hours to count 6,000 votes. That's the average number of votes per polling station (37 million / 60,000). I even saw numbers as high as 130,000 polling stations (which means less than 3000 votes per station). And there isn't one ballot box per voting station or all voting stations will have that many votes. So we're talking about 500-1000 votes at most to be counted at one time, which shouldn't take any more than an hour. In real elections, results are announced as they're being counted. They don't need to be approved by anyone. That's the whole point of transparency.

Oct 18, 2002

اینهم تحلیل نتایج انتخابات برای همه شرایط. بر اساس فرد برنده تحلیل مورد نظر را استفاده فرمایید:

جلیلی !
- خب از اولش معلوم بود، اینا نمیذارن کسی دیگه رییس جمهور شه. اسکلایی مث شما بازیچه اینا میشن :|

قالیباف !
- خب از اولش تابلو بود جلیلی رو اوردن که قالی باف انتخاب بشه، شک داشتی !؟ ... واقعا اسکلی :|

رضایی !
- میدونستم، اینا بهرحال یه سری رو رو میکنن، اما یکی رو میخوان که هم از خودشون باشه، هم سوپاپ اطمینان باشه. خیلی واضح بود از اولش ! اسکلا چرا نفهمیدید از اول :|

ولایتی !
- خب تابلو بود، از خود بیت یکی رو انتخاب کردن بقیه هم سرکاری بودن، شمام اسکل بودید رفتید دنبال روحانی :|

روحانی !
- معلوم بود، اینا گیر کردن تو کار هسته***ای، روحانی رو اوردن که نجاتشون بده. شماهام افتادید دنبالش، فقط کمک کردید به اینا که نجات پیدا کنن. اسکلید همه تون :|

غرضی !
- دفه ی پیش هم یکی انتخاب شد که هیشکی فک نمیکرد، این دفه هم همون کارو کردن، سخت نیست درک این چیزا اسکل جان

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
پیام رضایی به غرضی: اگه رای نیاوردی ناراحت نشو، منم اولاش تفریحی کاندید میشدم!

---
من رفتم بخوابم، آقا اگه روحانی رئیس جمهور شد بیدارم کنین. قالیباف شد بذارین خودم بیدار میشم. اگه جلیلی شد شیر گازو باز بزارید برید بیرون...!!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
In a country like Iran where voting is not done electronically, IF they actually counted votes it would take days, not a few hours.
Hard to imagine that a country that launches satellites into space, had indigenous stealth fighters with advanced electronics and has no problem hacking western electronic networks would still use hand-written ballots if it didn't want to, no?! There's a reason for all these things. Vote rigging on a large scale becomes almost impossible with electronic systems and when resulted have to be announced within minutes of polls closing, doesn't it?

Jun 7, 2004
In my opinion the way the regime has conducted this election is an indication that Khamenei et al feel a lot more secure about their grip over the country.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
خروسها هم صداشون در اومد، اما از وزارت کشور چیزی بیرون نیومد

LOL at this tweet

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
In my opinion the way the regime has conducted this election is an indication that Khamenei et al feel a lot more secure about their grip over the country.
Why do you say that FP jaan? He was practically begging people to show up and vote, even if they're against the regime, to do it for the country! Before the last election, he wouldn't ven admit that anyone was against the regime and 2 months ago he was cutting them up in every speech. If anything, this suggests to me that he knows his time is up one way or another and he's trying to suck up to as many people as he can.

Why do you say that FP jaan? He was practically begging people to show up and vote, even if they're against the regime, to do it for the country! Before the last election, he wouldn't ven admit that anyone was against the regime and 2 months ago he was cutting them up in every speech. If anything, this suggests to me that he knows his time is up one way or another and he's trying to suck up to as many people as he can.
FP is right. Khamenei has never been more confident.

It's this confidence that allows him to say what you mentioned.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
FP is right. Khamenei has never been more confident.

It's this confidence that allows him to say what you mentioned.
I'm definitely reading it the other way around. He has no reason to be confident at the moment - the economy's in shambles, has been taken a beating from the Sunni religious circles, his axis of resistance is falling apart and he's about to take a beating from the Israel and the West and he has even started to take a beating from his loyal circles (i.e. AN). Not to mention that all his advisors are fighting with each other in public! It's a freakin' mess and I don't think even he's that stupid not to see it.