Iranian star to join NBA galaxy !?

Oct 19, 2002
By Kambakhsh Khalaji
Tehran, Feb 13, IRNA -- Neither pigs flew nor the hell froze over,
but an Iranian does join NBA within the next two months.
The Iranian tower is 7 feet 5 inches, 260 pounds, with an 8-foot
wingspan.

He is a shot blocker with a soft shooting touch. He can grab the
rim flat-footed and dunk on his tiptoe.
He is a kid from historical city Isfahan, Iran -- Jaber
Rouzbahani.

Born on May 10, 1986, Rouzbahani started playing less than four
years ago and now plays for Isfahan`s Zob Ahan.
The Iranian teen played Yao Ming in an Asian tournament last year
and held him to 15 points -- about half of what Yao was averaging in
the tourney.

Rouzbahani played at the World Junior Championships in
Thessaloniki, Greece, last summer in front of NBA scouts, averaging
12 points and 8 rebounds per game and an eye-opening 7 blocks, leading
the entire tournament. He worked with Ansar Alameen, an NBA skill development coach, last year.

His biggest obstacles are learning English and developing his
body and skills.

What stands out most about Rouzbahani, besides the obvious size,
is his infectious smile and a great personality, which shines through
despite the language barrier.

"I underwent all NBA tests," Rouzbahani told IRNA Sunday adding
"I have to register at San Francisco University to be able to play in
NBA league. The enrollment takes me two months.
"My presence in NBA will help my teammates find their way into the
world`s most prestigious basketball league."

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
Behrang, he will be nothing like Yao, did you read his stats? 12 pts, 8rbs? i know the 7 blcks is crazy, but dude... you cant go into the nba averaging 12 pts and 8rbs.... some one in college basketball wouldnt even go to the pro's with that stats... and if he is 7'5' he needs to clean those boards real nice.... his rbs should go to like 10 - 12 range if he gets crunch minutes... this dude is going to be on the bench.. at most he will get 20 minutes a game.. he will average like 10.. if anything

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
well zach randolph and corey maggette were both bench players in college. size is a commodity in the nba and some less talented taller players might make the league over more talented shorter players.

btw, yao ming at the moment is a little overhyped. he doesn't even deserve to be in the all star game. he just has a lot of fans in china.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
arashinho said:
well zach randolph and corey maggette were both bench players in college. size is a commodity in the nba and some less talented taller players might make the league over more talented shorter players.

btw, yao ming at the moment is a little overhyped. he doesn't even deserve to be in the all star game. he just has a lot of fans in china.
oh of course..

as for zr and cm... i never knew that so... :D

--

of course the kid is going to get better if he is only 18 right now... he will be coming into the league before cats like Melo and Dwayne wade, and they are still growing...

He will get a lot better, but he cant focus on defence alot, because they dont get a lot of credit... nobody selects trenton hassell, greg buckner, mutumbo (argueable). they only pick the people who score and such... like reggie miller.. cause he scored, and he played touch defence. (in his younger days)

So if he starts to score, and average around 14-16 points a night, including his defensive capabilities right now, then he will be really good.