Iranian TV series, Movies

Playboy

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2010
excellent thriller series i have been watching recently.
apparently based on true stories.
it's called Gando.
must watch.

i don't understand the negative ratings for the series.
it's well done and well acted and keeps you hanging in
there after each episode.
and the guy playing the fat iranian-american cia spy
speaks persian very much like me and is a great actor
so i especially enjoy watching him in this series :p

Playboy

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2010
gando gets a review from la times.

Imagine ‘Homeland,’ if all the heroes were Iranian. That’s ‘Gando,’ must-see TV in Iran

TEHRAN —
There’s something foul infiltrating Iran. To weed it out, elite operatives hunt in the shadows, deploying drones, social-media and old-fashioned gumshoe tactics in a quest to thwart spies and traitors.
These warriors are neither James Bond nor Jason Bourne, but Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps, the elite special forces unit that is regarded as a terrorist organization in the West. And now, they have their own TV show: “Gando,"a sort of mirror image of “Homeland.”
Since it began airing in June, “Gando,” which claims to be based on true events, has been must-see TV for more than half of Iran’s 82 million people as well as around 10 million viewers online, says Javad Afshar, the series’ director.
But it’s also become the clearest articulation of an increasingly dominant argument amid the saber-rattling between Tehran and Washington: that those in Iran who advocate for political engagement with the West, including the architects of the 2015 nuclear accord, are, at best, weak-willed and, at worst, traitorous and corrupt. It’s the hardliners who have the good of the nation at heart.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-07-19/iran-hit-tv-show-gando

houmanbahal

Staff member
Mar 27, 2005
I heard a lot about this one, and since its from Modiri, I thought I give it a try, where do you watch these stuff?
yeah man az Zob said, Iranproud (install add blocker to skip the stupid ads). start watching. watch atleast the first 10 episodes before you give up. its not bad.

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Iranproud is the most garbage site ever. Full of malware, ads and a very suspicious bunch of scripts running in the background. I'd try to avoid that stupid site as much as possible but if there's no alternative you have to be armed with NoScript, Ublock or AdBlockPlus and pray to God your machine doesn't get fucked.

Hayoola is available on GLwiz too btw.