Iranian TV series, Movies

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I think all those who watch Iranian TV/Series (Except a few good ones) either watch it cuz it connects them to Iran OR they have no idea what quality show/Movie is, I mean as BT said, once you watch Shows like GOT, Break Bad, and and , then go watch something iranian ?

Nov 24, 2002
Again no one(or at least not me), watch Iranian movies for quality(even though the quality is much better than the ones made before revolution). It just connect you to homeland. Same feeling about watching IPL football. There are some nice and decent movies here and there but overall the restriction about scenario, acting and the rest just ruin everything about movie industry in Iran, still what these guys are doing dealing with all these issues and making some half decent movies occasionally deserve some praises.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Ki fekr mikard Ghasem az posht be vali nematesh khanjar bezaneh!
LOOL Exactly, how can you compare DAei jaan with anything made now ?

Babr jaan, as i said i think the reason you mentioned is the main reason people watch, the only issue for me is Time, I don't have the time to watch crappy IPL or Movies or TV shows just to get connected and then watch Quality football, Movies and TV shows, I wish I did like your, Fariborz or Sly, but dont.

Nov 24, 2002

Babr jaan, as i said i think the reason you mentioned is the main reason people watch, the only issue for me is Time, I don't have the time to watch crappy IPL or Movies or TV shows just to get connected and then watch Quality football, Movies and TV shows, I wish I did like your, Fariborz or Sly, but dont.
I am not watching it 24/24 but once in a while it refresh some good memories. I probably watched 3 Iranian movies in last 4-5 months. About IPL other than derby i watch some highlights here and there.

I don't have much patient or time probably to watch Iranian TV series though, unless it is a good one, like Shahrzad which was pretty good for Iran standard.
My point is we always keep complaining, but consider the circumstances, some of the movies are not actually that bad.

Nov 24, 2002
And talking about Iranian football(not in right thread i know..)depends how you see things when it comes to Iranian Football, i was always a die hard TM fan, good, bad days and that never change, the rest it just depends how much time i have, i don't think Pooya(or people like Pooya) ever had that much passion that i and some others have for TM(and that is personal opinion and everyone has right to theirs, i am not here to judge if it is right or wrong).

People Like Soroush in other hand, shaayad ghoreshono bezanan ama i know they love TM as much as me if not more..

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
And talking about Iranian football(not in right thread i know..)depends how you see things when it comes to Iranian Football, i was always a die hard TM fan, good, bad days and that never change, the rest it just depends how much time i have, i don't think Pooya(or people like Pooya) ever had that much passion that i and some others have for TM(and that is personal opinion and everyone has right to theirs, i am not here to judge if it is right or wrong).

People Like Soroush in other hand, shaayad ghoreshono bezanan ama i know they love TM as much as me if not more..
Dude I used to have Kia's picture in my car and get up ANYTIME of the day to watch TM play. Probably Iran vs Australia was one of my happiest days in my teen years, few things changed for me

1-) after moving to Canada, i got exposed to European football, (TSN Soccer Saturdays was the start) and realized, holy shit , what real Football is
2-) My Passion for Madrid and Football doubled once Raul played more and more for Madrid
3-) Back in 1998, TM was Gheyrat, players loved the team, from Abedzadeh to Zarrinche, Daei Bagheri, Azizi and and and ... Now , players are more worried about their hair gel than TM.

Nov 24, 2002
Dude I used to have Kia's picture in my car and get up ANYTIME of the day to watch TM play. Probably Iran vs Australia was one of my happiest days in my teen years, few things changed for me

1-) after moving to Canada, i got exposed to European football, (TSN Soccer Saturdays was the start) and realized, holy shit , what real Football is
2-) My Passion for Madrid and Football doubled once Raul played more and more for Madrid
3-) Back in 1998, TM was Gheyrat, players loved the team, from Abedzadeh to Zarrinche, Daei Bagheri, Azizi and and and ... Now , players are more worried about their hair gel than TM.
So Millions of fans all around the world should stop supporting, following their national team, home town clubs because they find European football more attractive? I know many people who are crazy about European football but follow their national team and home land local league religiously and to be honest the quality of some of their league is worse than IPL in some cases...

About Gheyrat, i never bought this argument, baba hamin Kia.. People kept saying he save his legs for HSV, poor guy was giving his 110% every game for TM.

The issue is time changed, kids mentalities changed, this is not only in Iran, you see that everywhere, but of course we were always the master of exaggeration. Having said that, i respect anyone who put IRAN's jersey in and spend his supposedly free family time in TM training camps, matches. What i did myself for my country to question people like this?!?!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There's nothing to get. Once you've seen real artistic humor you can't go back.

When you've seen sitcoms like Seinfeld or watched guys like Louis CK perform a standup, it's almost impossible to laugh at Iranian products. Sure there's the occasional smile or laugh here and there, but it's really not funny overall.

Quite surprising too since the general Iranian life is a bundle of fresh jokes delivered by fate every single day, but not a single comedian or director has managed to capitalize on it.

What I notice in Iranian cinema, TV and music is the extreme desire for copying western concepts. It's absolutely bizarre and less successful year after year. What is this thirst for western scenarios or dialogues? Were we deaf, blind and mute with nothing interesting to talk about before we watched some 2nd-rate Hollywood products?

Why is Iranian cinema trying to be an even less desirable Bollywood? At least Bollywood has the cliche dancing and singing.

Exceptions don't matter. If Farhadi wins an Oscar it means little for the entire picture. Iranian cinema is in serious decline.
Totally agree about Iranian cinema copying Hollywood! That Shahrzad show was a copy of the godfather movies and not the least "Marmoolak" which everyone was talking about some years ago was an exact copy of "We're No Angels" with Robert Deniro and Sean Penn from 1989! I also agree that most of the rest of what is made is quite loos and not funny at all.

However, some of the films and series, like a few of Hamid Jebeli's and a few of Mehran Modiri's series are quite fun to watch! and some of Iraj Tahmasb's works don't need introduction.

But again for the series, you need to have watched them from episode 1 in order to get the jokes later in the shows. I thought Mehran Modiri's "Baghe Mozaffar" was awsome! The same with his "Marde 1000 chehreh" and "Marde 2000 chehreh" (for the latter if you're into Iranian football). The comedy film, Maxx was very funny too! So I wouldn't say all is bad!

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

No dude, trust me! There is no time to watch anything! At least for me! I probably even manage to watch Hollywood productions less than 5-6 times a year and judging by their recent qualities, I don't think I'm missing anything. The same goes with Iranian productions. but as Mahbod said, you watch a film or a series occasionally.

Nov 24, 2002
Kafshhayam koo, not a bad movie from Kyomars Pourahmad, reza kianian played really well..you can watch it at iranproud. First time i saw in an Iranian movie girl and lady(kianian wife in movie)touching a male (and actually the one who hold his hands in one scene is his real wife as it was said at beginning of the movie).

Alzheimer is freaking horrible disease, khoda be rouze kasi o doro bariash niareh.

Kafshhayam koo, not a bad movie from Kyomars Pourahmad, reza kianian played really well..you can watch it at iranproud. First time i saw in an Iranian movie girl and lady(kianian wife in movie)touching a male (and actually the one who hold his hands in one scene is his real wife as it was said at beginning of the movie).

Alzheimer is freaking horrible disease, khoda be rouze kasi o doro bariash niareh.
Half decent movie. Very crappy dialogues and seriously retarded acting by the daughter (such a kiri imitation of a kid raised outside Iran), but overall it did touch on some real subjects like Alzheimer and parents ruining their children's lives.

Kianian can hit some really impressive highs sometimes, but I've also seen him in roles that made him look amateurish. He ain't no Robert De Niro for sure!

The character build-up in this movie was terrible. I felt absolutely nothing for any of the characters. The only sympathy went to Kianian mostly because of his decease, not because of his character as a father or betrayed husband/son/brother. The woman playing the wife came off as a totally evil woman but then suddenly turned into a positive character for no particular reason?! WTF?!!

And the daughter constantly calling her father "Daddy" after calling him "Baba" multiple times at the beginning of the movie was simply pathetic.

Nov 24, 2002
Half decent movie. Very crappy dialogues and seriously retarded acting by the daughter (such a kiri imitation of a kid raised outside Iran), but overall it did touch on some real subjects like Alzheimer and parents ruining their children's lives.

Kianian can hit some really impressive highs sometimes, but I've also seen him in roles that made him look amateurish. He ain't no Robert De Niro for sure!

The character build-up in this movie was terrible. I felt absolutely nothing for any of the characters. The only sympathy went to Kianian mostly because of his decease, not because of his character as a father or betrayed husband/son/brother. The woman playing the wife came off as a totally evil woman but then suddenly turned into a positive character for no particular reason?! WTF?!!

And the daughter constantly calling her father "Daddy" after calling him "Baba" multiple times at the beginning of the movie was simply pathetic.
I agree with the part about kid raised outside and her fake accent, also Daddy vs Baba part but overall i guess she did Ok. She( Mina Vahid) also played in Shahrzad TV Series and did Ok there too. The mother(Roya Nonahali) was terrible though.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

That was a waste of time.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Asghar Farhadi's film (The Seller) has started to win all the prizes again! Another master piece on the way?

فیلم فروشنده به کارگردانی اصغر فرهادی برنده هوگوی نقره***ای، جایزه ویژه هیات داوران پنجاه و دومین جشنواره فیلم شیکاگو شد.

داوران این جشنواره از فروشنده برای "بیان سطوح مختلف موقعیت***های انسانی" قدردانی کرده***اند.

هیات داوران جشنواره شیکاگو در توصیف فروشنده گفته است: "فیلمی که دریچه*** بی***همتایی به مسایل پیامد یک تجاوز جنسی و چگونگی مواجهه جامعه عربی [ایرانی] با آن می***گشاید. همزمان فیلم داستانی قوی درباره انتقام را به شکل واقعگرایانه***ای روایت می***کند که موقعیت***های پیچیده و دردناک در آن جای دارند."

در این بیانیه به اشتباه از جامعه ایرانی به عنوان جامعه عربی یاد شده است.

فروشنده داستان زن و شوهری به نام رعنا و عماد (با بازی شهاب حسینی و ترانه علیدوستی) را روایت می***کند که در حال بازی در نمایش "مرگ فروشنده" آرتور میلر هستند.

در آستانه شب افتتاح نمایش حادثه***ای رخ می***دهد که رابطه این زوج را ناخواسته درگیر تنش و التهاب می***کند.

فیلم فروشنده پیش از این برنده بهترین فیلمنامه و بهترین بازیگر نقش اول مرد در جشنواره کن شده است. در جشنواره فیم مونیخ فروشنده به عنوان بهترین فیلم و در جشنواره آمستردام به عنوان بهترین فیلم تماشاگران انتخاب شد.

فروشنده از طرف ایران برای جایزه اسکار بهترین فیلم خارجی نامزد شده است.

جایزه هوگوی طلایی بهترین فیلم جشنواره شیکاگو و هوگوی نقره***ای بهترین کارگردانی به فیلم سیرانوادا از کریستی پویو، کارگردان رومانیایی رسیده است.

http://www.bbc.com/persian/arts-37739393

If he can get another Oscar nomination at least, he can get huge even if he doesn't win!