Iranian TV series, Movies

How come during the Shah we didn't have any good comedies? Back then there was no restrictions like today. Also in the West Iranians aren't killing it either. Maz Jobrani is the best we can come up with? All he has is repetitive BS that is not funny at all.

I don't know much about you or how many years you've been living abroad but If you want to judge the quality of comedy back in shah day then you need to be at lest 55 yeas old,because by watching a bunch of black and white movies and TV series not only you don't laugh but you don't understand the content of it neither . Having said that who said back then you could say or act anything and everything without restriction or interference of the regime ? no bro that's wrong very wrong ...

Mostly comedy is an image of the society's deficiencies and imperfection, Specially in the middle east , so for example Samad (Samad Agha) movies should make more sense to your parents than to yourself .because in all his movies he is criticizing the weakness , wrong doing , law breaking of his own time which again would make more sense to old timers .

Yes maybe Gashte Ershad was not funny enough but between the lines jokes and waggeries would make sense in what is currently going on in Iran which will be stupid if your kids watche it 20 years form now.

I am not that old dude and I don't need to be that old to able to laugh watching a comedy of 4 decades ago. To me comedy has no expiration date. I still laugh watching I love Lucy or Harold Lloyd or the 3 stooges or Laurel & Hardy or Charlie Chaplin or series like All in the Family or Taxi and .......I can go on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2002
Mohsen Chavoshi, Sina Sarlak, Shahrzad II

[video=youtube;VYhdcFoCIfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhdcFoCIfw[/video]

Oct 18, 2010
this film won the iranian oscar for best movie last year.
it's about the hunting down of the guy in charge of the
terrorist wing of mek in the early years of the revolution.
very well made film.

[video=youtube;oYd5h6cPzmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd5h6cPzmc[/video]

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
this film won the iranian oscar for best movie last year.
it's about the hunting down of the guy in charge of the
terrorist wing of mek in the early years of the revolution.
very well made film.

[video=youtube;oYd5h6cPzmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYd5h6cPzmc[/video]
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

which one is you play-with-boy ?

they look like a group of koonis. are you sure it is a serious movie. looks more to be GAY GANG BANG COMEDY.

Nov 24, 2002
A very funny movie

[video=youtube;SnHsDxygj7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnHsDxygj7A[/video]
I watched it few weeks ago and honestly didn't like it, bimazeh boud, senario ham ke khalas, we have hard time to make any half decent comedy movie honestly, Marmoulak was probably one of the few.

I watched it few weeks ago and honestly didn't like it, bimazeh boud, senario ham ke khalas, we have hard time to make any half decent comedy movie honestly, Marmoulak was probably one of the few.
Even Marmoolak was pretty much garbage. Just because a movie has a few half-good skits and breaks a few stupid taboos it doesn't mean it's a good movie.

The problem with the movie industry worldwide is the audience. The people most willing to spend money on movies are also the least intellectual and mostly fucking idiots.

Nov 24, 2002
Even Marmoolak was pretty much garbage. Just because a movie has a few half-good skits and breaks a few stupid taboos it doesn't mean it's a good movie.

The problem with the movie industry worldwide is the audience. The people most willing to spend money on movies are also the least intellectual and mostly fucking idiots.
It is hard to make a good comedy movie anywhere anyway, much harder in Iran for sure, but i think Maxx and Marmoulak were overall decent movies. Parastoei in Marmoulak and Farhad Aeesh in Maxx did a good job.