Iranian TV series, Movies

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^From both your posts, not even mentioning anything about how it was, I take it it was not worth watching! :D

Nov 24, 2002
^^From both your posts, not even mentioning anything about how it was, I take it it was not worth watching! :D
One thing i don't enjoy about the last couple years of Iranian movies is most of them are open ended movies but in Tokhmi way of doing it lol

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
One thing i don't enjoy about the last couple years of Iranian movies is most of them are open ended movies but in Tokhmi way of doing it lol
To me that's Iranian movies of the past 20 years. Either they are open ended or end in a very sad way.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
^ Dont make fun of me, but Ive just started watching Shahrzad from season 1!lol Not into Iranian TV series at all(Apart from "Barareh"), but this has been quite classy. Awed by Ali Nasirian's flawless acting. Amazing. Why is that we dont have similar flawless actors like him in new generation, and instead we have "Hamed Behdad" and alikes replacing old generation?! :(

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Why is that we dont have similar flawless actors like him in new generation,
Are you kidding me? I think all of Asghar Farhadi's actors are way more promising to reach Ali Nasirian when they are as experienced as him, than they actually should be.

Specially Peyman Moadi and Shahab Hosseini are brilliant actors. The same goes to many of the actresses in his movies.

Are you kidding me? I think all of Asghar Farhadi's actors are way more promising to reach Ali Nasirian when they are as experienced as him, than they actually should be.

Specially Peyman Moadi and Shahab Hosseini are brilliant actors. The same goes to many of the actresses in his movies.

I dont know if it's me but Like football players , actors cannot be compared with each-other . each one own their own attribute . some of them are so adaptable and can be a superstar in different roles some of them only shine and pick some certain roles and characters to play . One of my all time favorites is Mohammad Reza Sharifi nia , I simply love the guy regardless his political view.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

I dont know if it's me but Like football players , actors cannot be compared with each-other . each one own their own attribute . some of them are so adaptable and can be a superstar in different roles some of them only shine and pick some certain roles and characters to play . One of my all time favorites is Mohammad Reza Sharifi nia , I simply love the guy regardless his political view.
Yeah, I liked Sharifinia a lot too before his antiques for Ahmadinejad. Now I just don't care about him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, I liked Sharifinia a lot too before his antiques for Ahmadinejad. Now I just don't care about him. :rolleyes:

I guess we never learn to separate things. that is his political view so let it be. i am talking about his act and his act is brilliant .now because he talked about Ahmadi Nejad I can't change my mind. all those Actors are Pache kahr in some way if not then they can't make $$$$

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002

I dont know, hope so. Peyman Moadi and Shahab Hosseini are brilliant actors, but even in Shahrzad, his acting is just not in same calibre as Ali Nasirian. I do hope with more experience, they do become legendary actors like Ezatolah Entezami, Ali Nasirian,etc..

I guess we never learn to separate things. that is his political view so let it be. i am talking about his act and his act is brilliant .now because he talked about Ahmadi Nejad I can't change my mind. all those Actors are Pache kahr in some way if not then they can't make $$$$
Actually, outside Iran too, because celebrities are famous and sometimes role model, they do have to abide by high standard. + Apart from his political suck up, he is well-known to be Harvey Weinstein of Iranian film industry. He is usually the one in charge of selecting actors/actresses, and a lot of actresses have came forward that he had asked them for sexual favour for them to be selected for a film.

+

Not all actors/actresses are political suck ups. Depends on director/producer too. There are lots of them like Fateme MotamedAria, Taraneh Alidoosti, Goodarzi(if I get his name right), Navid Mohamadzadeh, Baran Kosari,etc who have publicly condemned govt/political decisions, and yet bc they are great actors/actresses, and hezbollahis usually dont have any talent in this department, they cant completely prevent them from acting.

I dont know, hope so. Peyman Moadi and Shahab Hosseini are brilliant actors, but even in Shahrzad, his acting is just not in same calibre as Ali Nasirian. I do hope with more experience, they do become legendary actors like Ezatolah Entezami, Ali Nasirian,etc..

Actually, outside Iran too, because celebrities are famous and sometimes role model, they do have to abide by high standard. + Apart from his political suck up, he is well-known to be Harvey Weinstein of Iranian film industry. He is usually the one in charge of selecting actors/actresses, and a lot of actresses have came forward that he had asked them for sexual favour for them to be selected for a film.

Na khahare man , Don't listen to these rumors and use your common sense please. let's say in a series like MOAMAYE SHAH which cost Billions, he had a say on who should be in and who should not ? I have many friends working in private Movie industry and TV production in Iran and they were laughing when I told them the same thing. It's a very common things that certain actors dont like or play with some other bunch and this is a norm every where. for example Maryam Amirjallali never plays again with Ali Sadeghi .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Azizam, it's very easy to say the work of an artist should be appreciated irrespective of his religious or political view and I do not disagree with that. But in reality it is not easy to like a person when he is a supporter of someone who has destroyed many million people's lives. Be it that person is Marlon Brando or Ezatollah Entezami! This is a norm everywhere in the world.

You may be very good in your work but not liked by general public. That's when they say you are famous but not popular among the people! and that's when people do not care about your work, no matter how great it may be. I guess you are among the few people who do care about his work.

As Niloufar said, I think most actors are actually not a suck up for the regime. Quite the opposite! There are very few ones who are.