Iranian TV series, Movies

Nov 24, 2002
Did anyone know the actor Omid Rouhani is actually an anesthesiologist doctor, i have seen a few movies of him in role of doctor and was actually wondering because he was talking very technical, and today i saw an interview of him, he was Kiarostami anesthesiologist in his last few operations.

Oct 18, 2010
i saw this film when i was in iran.
it's called the 'lost strait' in english in persian it's called
'abughuraib strait'.very well made film on par with the
best of war films coming out of other countries.the story
is about the last days of the iran-iraq war when saddam tries
a sneak attack on the strategic strait.the 'ammar brigade' whose
members are about to go on leave are called in a desperate attempt
to save the day.the title song is pretty good and is made by this
guy who plays a mean guitar too.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I actually managed to achieve my self-torture quota of the year and watched this fucked up series in its entirety. I feel suicidal for doing that. Shame on me. Truly shame on me. I'll never forgive myself.
Don't worry
Reality is that I can't watch anything from Iran. It seems that they are in different planet. Not saying that I am so much better because I don't live in Iran but rather my daily challenges differs with the home country.
Also the acting is so bad, people don't act or talk in real life like this.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I actually managed to achieve my self-torture quota of the year and watched this fucked up series in its entirety. I feel suicidal for doing that. Shame on me. Truly shame on me. I'll never forgive myself.
My wife was watching this and I just happened to walk in and I saw Ali Nasirian walking with a younger dude. I told her Nasirian will have a heart attack in this series. Less than 5 minutes later she hollered that I was right and he had a heart attack and I must have seen this episode before. I told her to show me one series that a person didn't have a heart attack or wasn't knocked down some stairs and killed.

Because not every movie or TV series is meant to watch. In a country like Iran where directors and producers have to pass through a cluster of filters and screening, you must know what to watch and who to watch. %95 of our movies are garbage but not because all of them lack a great story but they have to force it to ERSHAD satisfaction and this makes the movie completely absurd.
Many of TV series are a subject to Money laundry, Big names with no content. like Nahang Abi, Raghs rooye Shishe , Golshifteh
I have now learned my lesson. I wait till I get enough feedback before wasting my time for a 30 episode series. This is what I exactly do for even western or European cinema.

If you want a good TV series then Try to watch Bache Mohandes ( in 2 seasons), it's the story of an orphan. low budget with a great story.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
they have to force it to ERSHAD satisfaction and this makes the movie completely absurd.
Dude, you're giving a pass to many moronic, useless and downright sadistic writers like the guy who wrote "Baradar-Jan" series.

What does Ershad have to do with their story? It's not like without Ershad, their story and dialogues would've been wonderful!

Mamlekat kirieh. Filmo serialesham kirieh. hamin.

Dude, you're giving a pass to many moronic, useless and downright sadistic writers like the guy who wrote "Baradar-Jan" series.

What does Ershad have to do with their story? It's not like without Ershad, their story and dialogues would've been wonderful!

Mamlekat kirieh. Filmo serialesham kirieh. hamin.
So you think because If a TV series or a movie produced by IRIB, it won't need any approval? dude Golzar's Persian version of who wants to be a millionaire which happened to have a better rating than Adel's 90 got dropped by MAKAREM SHIRAZI.

I'm not saying all those series or flicks are flawless but they get worse with all these mambo jumbo

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
So you think because If a TV series or a movie produced by IRIB, it won't need any approval? dude Golzar's Persian version of who wants to be a millionaire which happened to have a better rating than Adel's 90 got dropped by MAKAREM SHIRAZI.

I'm not saying all those series or flicks are flawless but they get worse with all these mambo jumbo
The only thing the mofo did right in his useless life.

The only thing the mofo did right in his useless life.
And why is that? Pal, Prolly where you live you have umpteen choices and you can put a good mileage on your clicker while browsing hundreds and hundreds different channels, shows and programs but this is not a case in Iran. Was the program stupid? maybe so but that was something those people liked and watched. it's now off the air so now what? Do you have a better recommendation?