Iran's most undeserved win ever

hshduppsnt

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2004
No this win still felt great. the team was AWFUL. they had no business winning. How many times have we been on the losing end of one of those games?

I'll take it. 3 points is 3 points but my god were they terrible today

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Yeap. Az koon avordim like a champ. This way like watching a heavy weight fight where the aggressor is killing the other fighter, and by sheer luck, the beaten fighter throws a desperate hook and wins by knockout :)

Feb 11, 2005
USA
once in many years that I have been following TM the team got a break and people here start bashing the entire team and the coaching staff!!!!!!!! Just doesn't make sense at all.........

I LOVE TM.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
true , but that is football .. i just wished it was against an arab team , then i would enjoy it more , cause arabs play exactlly same style .. i feel bad for uzbaks

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
TM was always playing great and lost important matches. So do we cry?? We move on..

I have to say also the Uzbeks were actually the team that played crap!! They shouldn't miss so many chances I front of a team like Iran and expect to scrape through. TM punished their lack of concentration and it was a well deserved win!! I just hope we win the game against Qatar and then the one with Lebanaon and Uzbek at home and get 12 crucial points towards a relaxed qualification....

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As usual the happy hour of a win is making a lot of us to put our heads in the sand and dance for a win with a team that did nothing but made us embarrassed with their game!!! Iran among the top teams of Asia??? My a$$!! Despite the result, Uzbeks owned us and if we fail to see that because of a last minute goal, we will fail miserably against stronger teams!

Today, CQ sucked!!! He sucked big time and he needs to make a big change for the next game. We need to see that not always a guy named Dejagah can be available to save our a$$es. We need to realise our midfield was non-existent today! Noori and Jabbari sucked. Even Ando (before his last pass) and Nekounam were gone. As I've said many times before, we also need to realise Karimi is finished and the sooner we start to accept that, the better for all of us.

Today we saw some of our bench players in the starting line up. That's fine. But players sitting on the bench should be very close to our main players. Obviously you could see a huge gap in the level of quality! Once again, that reflects on CQ's selection of players. Did he really invite the best ones?

Feb 11, 2005
USA
Iran was solid in the mid-field and the back...... thoes who start analyzing the game need to take that pessimistic hat off to quickly see why Khalatbari and Ansari Fard came-in after 60th min.....go watch the game one more time and stop bashing the coaching staff......

Go TM

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I never said I was not happy we won. I'm extremely happy that we won but as a team we did not play well. This was probably one of our worst performances as a team. We were unable to put multiple passes together or even properly clear the ball. How many times did the defense aimlessly knock the ball out instead of settling it? The ref missed a 100% goal for the Uzbeki’s along with a few of our dives. We looked like a second rate arab team there (the arab reference was in the time killing our players looked like they were trying to do!)

Am I happy we won? Yes
Am I happy about the way we won? No

We have a long ways to go before we can even think about doing well in the WQ if we qualify.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Iran was solid in the mid-field and the back...... thoes who start analyzing the game need to take that pessimistic hat off to quickly see why Khalatbari and Ansari Fard came-in after 60th min.....go watch the game one more time and stop bashing the coaching staff......

Go TM
Your blind. How many runs did they make through our midfield? A number of their chances came from an inept midfield allowing them to make runs. The only thing they lacked was finishing.

kabobs

Ball Boy
Jun 21, 2010
Your blind. How many runs did they make through our midfield? A number of their chances came from an inept midfield allowing them to make runs. The only thing they lacked was finishing.
lol this. uzbek came through our midfield all the time. iran midfield was just backpedaling

its a good one but its one of the worst performances ever. when did iran EVER get CLOSE to scoring? never even close....

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
sometimes u win luckily, sometime u lose luckily. This time we won luckily, so what? There have been plenty of matches we got unlucky in, and I'm sure plenty of matches Uzbekistan got lucky in. The important thing is we got the 3 pnts, so let's just take it and forget the poor performance.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Foo jan, on the contrary I think we should not forget it for the future! Because not always you get lucky wins! You need to perform! With this performance, even if we "luckily" qualify to the WC, we'd be easy food for mid-strong teams from any continent!

I don't want us to become a Saudi Arabia of WC 2002!

Feb 11, 2005
USA
The problem with you and people like you is fundamental. I will stop discussing the technical issue with people who would get too personal and too passionate without merit. Enjoy your day thinking the TM was in disarray.....

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
^^Foo jan, on the contrary I think we should not forget it for the future! Because not always you get lucky wins! You need to perform! With this performance, even if we "luckily" qualify to the WC, we'd be easy food for mid-strong teams from any continent!
that would be the case with any team, yes. But we're talking about Iran here, a team with absolutely no consistency and where u can't predict anything based on previous performances. So I say just forget the performance and be happy with 3 very important points.