Iran's response to the german cartoonist

sal_aseeley

Bench Warmer
Oct 8, 2005
headcounciluta said:
this is hilarious!

I love how many of you defended the Danish cartoonists and called them intellectuals for merely exercising their god-given rights, yet somehow this cartoon tickles your sensitive side.

I applaud whoever drew this cartoon for exercising their freedom of speech. This action is a million times better than burning embassies and serves to bring to light the ever so present international prejudices.

After all, it wasn’t Hitler who killed the millions of Jewish and other minority groups; it was the German people and culture. Racism doesn’t die in one generation….and this cartoon does an excellent job to transmit that information to the world!
YOU SOUND COMPLETELY PATHETIC AND IMMATURE.. ALSO A DISGRACE FOR IRANIANS, HOPE PEOPLE DONT PERCIEVE ALL TO HAVE YOUR IDIOTIC OPINIONS

Aug 29, 2005
Niloufar said:
Pendar jan,
That German cartoonist didnt depict Iranian players as suice bombers, his message and intention was completely different(attacking German officials) and he explained it before printing the cartoon too. Also, he apologized to any of the fans who may have got the cartoon in an offensive way.

what this Iranian cartoonist did is very rude and offensive, and frankly I dont 30 any explanation/apologizing from German fans for insulting their NT players.
He can take that apology and shove it up his ass, and plus it wasn't an official apology. Now if he hadn't wrote Iran on the players jersies I didn't care but he singled us out and what was with the mustaches? None of our players have mustaches anymore :p anyways! good on for whoever did that caricature. I don't care if you are a muslim or not you can't deny that this hitler caricature is no worse than what Denmark did can you?

Aug 29, 2005
We didn't start it though, we finish it.

Yes it's imature but hey it's better than burning embassies like someone else already stated and I don't know about you guys but I personally have too much gheyrat (you might want to call it something else but I stay with my own word for it) to stay silent.

sal_aseeley

Bench Warmer
Oct 8, 2005
You dont stay silent.. you condemn it, but u dont go round like little school boys drawing pathetic pics back, think it gives a perception back of Iran as a pathetic dumb ass country, as for burning embassies, of course thats worse..

But this is your minority, extremist islamics in iran, all the world percieve us all like this...

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
Niloufar said:
Pendar jan,
That German cartoonist didnt depict Iranian players as suice bombers, his message and intention was completely different(attacking German officials) and he explained it before printing the cartoon too. Also, he apologized to any of the fans who may have got the cartoon in an offensive way.

what this Iranian cartoonist did is very rude and offensive, and frankly I dont 30 any explanation/apologizing from German fans for insulting their NT players.
We probably didn't look at the same cartoon. The one I saw had pictures of soccer players in it with bombs strapped across their chest, with "Iran" written on their jersey. If the "message" was to attack the german officials there was absolutely no point for writing any countries name on the jerseys, if anything that detracts from their 'message'.
Also, I haven't seen an apology, I only saw they said they feel sorry if anyone misinterpreted and got offended, and that's not an apology.

Again, putting aside all the "explanations" and "statements of intent", and looking at the two cartoons only (after all, the whole point of cartooning is so as not to have to describe it in words), I don't see how one is any worse than the other.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
pendar said:
Again, putting aside all the "explanations" and "statements of intent", and looking at the two cartoons only (after all, the whole point of cartooning is so as not to have to describe it in words), I don't see how one is any worse than the other.
read AliDaeiClone's message to see why this is worse.

Dec 11, 2005
toronto
Guys I feel like writting a letter in response to this idiotic portrayal of the german football team ...
I think Its extremely childish , very unprofessional ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A WEBSITE OR AN EMAIL

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
pendar said:
We probably didn't look at the same cartoon. The one I saw had pictures of soccer players in it with bombs strapped across their chest, with "Iran" written on their jersey. If the "message" was to attack the german officials there was absolutely no point for writing any countries name on the jerseys, if anything that detracts from their 'message'.
Also, I haven't seen an apology, I only saw they said they feel sorry if anyone misinterpreted and got offended, and that's not an apology.

You are right, they are the same. The point we are trying to make though is that We sat there bitched and moaned about how insulting and ignorant his cartoon was and then we go and pull off the same crap. Its ridiculous. This Eye for an Eye bullshit is really pathetic. Either condemn it and move on, or draw ur damn cartoon without saying a word. Dont do both, because it just makes you look childish and hypocritical. While I dont buy the BS apology they provided, I also dont agree with a retaliatory cartoon. I mean we are going over there for the world cup. Half our team lives and plays there. What benefit are we getting by lobbing back ridiculously racist cartoons?

"We will teach them a lesson..."
- Stupid, backward ass, cave man mentality...

Oct 22, 2003
sal_aseeley said:
YOU SOUND COMPLETELY PATHETIC AND IMMATURE.. ALSO A DISGRACE FOR IRANIANS, HOPE PEOPLE DONT PERCIEVE ALL TO HAVE YOUR IDIOTIC OPINIONS
Perfect example of the Iranian mentality at it's best; the same mentality that results in newspapers closures and death threats for expression of free speech. If you accuse someone's opinions of being idiotic, please explain yourself.

Jul 5, 2004
you guys are so f'ing naive you really think the german newspaper didnt mean insulting iranians?? are you that saadeh? baba the guy doesnt want to lose potential customers, so he writes you a mass reply saying the intention was something else. But honestly think a little political and you'll understand their intention was in fact to insult iran.

second, i applaud this guy. this is what you call gheyrat and standing up to someone who insults you. they helped bam ok but how many iranians live in germany and contribute to its economy? how many iranian players play in bundesliga and contribute to its team's achievements?

u guys need to understand that sitting quiet against these apparent insults just makes us look like pussies.

Jul 5, 2004
most of your replies are yet another testament to how khaareji parast iranians are in general and how willing we are to be submissive even if we're insulted.

lavashak jan, ghorbooneh oon gheyratet.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
you dont answer something which is wrong and shamefull with something which is also wrong and shameful.

what they published in the german paper was wrong, and they havent actually apologised. the editor of the magazine has never apologised. only the person who drew the cartoon said something like if my cartoon offended any iranians then im sorry! thats not exactly an apology!

but thats not the point here. the point is if the cartoon by the germans was so bad (which indeed it was), then why are we going to their level, as low as them by publishing this? what are we trying to prove here exactly? that we can be as stupid as the person who drew the cartoon of iranian players?

Oct 22, 2003
Soccerboy said:
most of your replies are yet another testament to how khaareji parast iranians are in general and how willing we are to be submissive even if we're insulted.

lavashak jan, ghorbooneh oon gheyratet.
:cheers: well said

Nov 11, 2003
Lot of talks about gheyrat. 27 years Iran and its people have been raped murdered and humilated. where is their gheyrat.Show some of that gheyrat and take your country back from these fascists before they do it for you. Now all of a sudden "ragaye gardaneshoon zade beroon" for a caricature. Agar rast meegin draw a caricature of the velayate faghih.

Nov 21, 2004
uk
what a class response :) but it was the wrong thing to do. but those jack asses started it. but we should known better and acted as the better country and asked for and apology. now we are like a bunch of 2 year olds. there is no need to rettalliate. anyway i'm a muslim and so is half of my whole family and it does'nt mean you have to prey and go commit sucicide just so you can go to heaven. the most important thing in being a muslim is being a good man and what our country did was not good. that is not what a country that reckons is part of islam should have done. most of these clowns don't fully understand the religion so they do what the dumb crap like this. this is why we have assholes like khameneie that won't give freedom to it's people such as boys and girls being able to go out with each other. there is nothing in the quran that says you are not aloud to date woman.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
kia2 said:
beauty! that what you get when you come to Tehran Azadi Stadium to help the victims of Bam disaster. and your coach give generously to the Iranian charity for many years. I am glad we have a country full of appreciating people, who know how to thank other countries for their help. I am sure the German pepole will know how to thank Iranian TM and Iranians when they go to Germany this summer, now they know the Iranian tradition.
what is even more stupid...Hitler was Austrian...so the guy is really dumb.

Jul 5, 2004
the guy's drawing a caricature to appeal to the paper's audience. the average iranian reader believes hitler was from germany. if he drew the same caricature insulting austria, you think people would get it??

442IPL

Ball Boy
Nov 23, 2005
Aside from the fact that I think to respond in such a similar manner is very immature and low, I love the little roses that TM are holding :--biggrin